Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by 4by4buck View Post
    Bring back the switchback XT!
    Amen!

Why on earth would you create the perfect bow, then turn around a couple years later and discontinue it. A real head scratcher for sure.

2013 Mathews Creed 28/65
    2006 Mathews SBXT 28/68

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

I would like to see a new Target Bow but it would be pretty hard to improve on the Apex line.

Quote Originally Posted by 4by4buck View Post
    Bring back the switchback XT!
    how about the swbxt with a 34" ata, 6.5" bh and draw stops?!?!?!?
    G3 Hoyt Carbon Matrix Snow Camo Riser Carbon Weave Limbs

457 Grain FMJ 340

I'd like to see an apex 6, or something more speed without sacrificing ata.
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite FX
    Black Eagle Challengers
    Carbofast stabs
    Longhorn pro brass 4 finger

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan41480 View Post
    how about the swbxt with a 34" ata, 6.5" bh and draw stops?!?!?!?
    Exactly what I was thinking. I have the standard Switchback and love it so far. Wish it was half a pound lighter but I am sure the engineers at Mathews could cut quite a bit off the riser. Get rid of the limb mounted string suppressors and just go with a riser mounted suppressor as well.

Keeping an old design and just updating it would cut down on costs and they would be able to sell it quite a bit cheaper which could result in a large amount of sales due to the demand. I would buy one instead of the DNA that is on my wish list!

Elite Hunter 29"/70#
    Bear Anarchy 29"/70#

Quote Originally Posted by JeffShrugged View Post
    I'd love to see a 32" updated version of the Heli-M, with the more refined Creed-style riser, and solid limbs. The cam and idler do not need to be any bigger, I think they have already reached critical mass. Or maybe a lighter version of the MR7.
    I as well would like to see a 32 or 35 inch helium or a longer mr7 like 36 or 37 inchs

I can not think of any ads that I have seen lately that they have bashed other bow designs so I guess it will be the same model bow as the last 4 years or so. solo cam slim limbs with a bulky grip.... I just think it is funny how they said years ago that dual cams are inferior to there solo cam design,,,,now they offer those...And how the slim limb design is better for what ever and that split limbs aren't what its all thats cracked up to be and ya they offer those now as well.. the only thing I can think of that it could be is a crossbow but they offer one of those now too in there mission line so who knows really what it will be. :P

I expect they will do three things:

ZXT stays. Chill with shorter brace. New Creed, just for the heck of it, perhaps 3.6 rather than 3.7 in weight. Update to the MR7, with DYAD and some other minute difference. Perhaps that marketed towards target shooters.

From the details it was already clear that they were going to use the Chill Mods for at least two other bows giving them different drawlengths like on the Monster 7.0 and MR series.

And why not, the Chill had a great reception this year, while they tried to market the Creed real hard. The Monsters have been making far more waves than the Heli-M and Creed together, the Z7 was the last line that did well for them.
    More than ever I feel they have to capitalize on what DID work well for them.

Why you bashing on the Mathew's site bored? you shoot a dna.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    I can not think of any ads that I have seen lately that they have bashed other bow designs so I guess it will be the same model bow as the last 4 years or so. solo cam slim limbs with a bulky grip.... I just think it is funny how they said years ago that dual cams are inferior to there solo cam design,,,,now they offer those...And how the slim limb design is better for what ever and that split limbs aren't what its all thats cracked up to be and ya they offer those now as well.. the only thing I can think of that it could be is a crossbow but they offer one of those now too in there mission line so who knows really what it will be. :P

For sure a Chill 6 ibo about 350. Maybe even a Chill 5 at ???ibo??? Hope it's something better than a Creed this year for the flagship. Biggest Mathews flop ever I think. Hard feeling up hill battle draw at the end while being slow at the same time? What's up with that? Mathews is way more capable than the Creed. Cmon. ZXT is a much better bow in my opinion and cheaper. Speaking of, They should just lighten up the ZXT riser as I know they can, Jewel for example.

I don't see them getting much better than a Heli-M for quite some time. As for those wanting long ata bow's I wouldn't count on it.

How about a not so top heavy revamped Z7 Mag with a two cam system, in the 340-350 fps range !
    Think 'em in, and kill 'em at will.

Re: 2014 Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Fred74 View Post
    How about a not so top heavy revamped Z7 Mag with a two cam system, in the 340-350 fps range !
    How about a bow that gets some what close to Ibo? How about something new and innovative instead of the same old sh--.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jdlbz View Post
    How about a bow that gets some what close to Ibo? How about something new and innovative instead of the same old sh--.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I aggre they need to do something different like hoyt with their air shox and off set stabilizer bushing

I don't even own a Mathews. Usually I shoot many of the new bows that come out every year, just haven't bought one in quite some time. I do however think that most companies are using cookie cutters. I'm sure there are other companies besides Mathews that don't quite measure up in IBO. How about you take your same old sh-- somewhere else.
    Think 'em in, and kill 'em at will.

2014 Mathews

I would be sold on a 35 or 36 inch ATA Monster with a 6 inch brace height running around 345 FPS, but still smooth as can be. All this under 4 pounds. Doubtful though.

A 350+ fps Z7 Extreme would be nice!

each company has their own type. Mathews just tends to be shorter bows. That's not a big deal. Personally, I like it. But I'd love to see them bring back the Z7 series and put on 2 cams and bump up the speed. That's be crazy.
    MR7, QAD HDX, SlickTricks attached to my Beman's- Deadly Combination.

I love short bows. Thats why my Z7Xtream is my favorite bow of all time. i really like my motive 7 thow... it comes in 2nd.
    MATHEWS HELIM

KTM 250 XC

I'll wait and see what they come out with. It will be hard to top 2013, but I am sure they will figure something out. ;-)

I would like to see them expand their camo and finish colors some. Have more choices available like a lot of the other archery companies.

I love how Mathews uses solid limb bows that aren't past parallel so I can use my bowmaster bow press on them however; Elite offers the same thing in dual cam that is over 340 IBO... I would like to see Mathews get a little more speed out of their standard design so I'm not swayed towards an Elite Pulse next year when I buy a new bow.

Elite Hunter 29"/70#
    Bear Anarchy 29"/70#

2014 Mathews

Im hoping for a dxt split limb dual cam as light as a helim
    2014 hoyt carbon spyder 30-easton axis-truball releases-scentloc-uahunt-swampassasin

One that cures target panic would be my first wish and second would be something that doesn't require a 2nd mortgage.
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God”
    Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by useyourbow View Post
    One that cures target panic would be my first wish and second would be something that doesn't require a 2nd mortgage.
    yes sir!

down by a river somewhere in southern colorado
    Something affordable
    Im Russ just here to learn and find out more about the sport i am growing to love and respect!
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz
    "We are, not metaphorically but in very truth, a divine work of art" C.S. Lewis

I hope they offer something in a long draw. I am a proud owner of a z9. I think mathews is offering more dual cam split limb bows to show other bow companies that they are the superior bow company in any style of bow they make... I hope Mathews really reads what their customer want and they don't forget about us ld guys. Because they are the best!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast