Thread: WinterCeptor Fleece

WinterCeptor Fleece

I was thinking about picking up some Nat Gear WinterCeptor fleece to either replace or compliment my Russell APX G2 Gale jacket and pants and wanted to hear some opinions on the Nat Gear or some comparisons from guys who have experience with both. I'm looking at the pullover, jacket, vest, pants and bibs. Not sure I'll get all the pieces but those are the main ones I'm looking at. I hunt in temps that range from 60 on down to 20. I know the Nat Gear will be too much for the warmer temps but I have other lighter clothes for that. Thanks

Jason Smith

Trying to master the task of killing mature whitetails on public land one trip at a time.

Bump
    Jason Smith

Trying to master the task of killing mature whitetails on public land one trip at a time.

At 20 degrees it will keep you warm, especially if you do some basic layering. I've used it for the past 3 years and it's some impressive stuff for the coin.

Will be sending a pm shortly.
    There are a lot of things in life I would have enjoyed... if only I would have known I would live through them.
    I shot my bow so much I lost my hearing
    "I hate chiggers."

WinterCeptor is the most versatile clothing that I have. It`s great for layering, or as an outer layer in warmer temps. The best part is it`s amazingly quiet. Oh and it`s Natural Gear too so that`s a plus.
    Archerytalk=talking about archery. Is that so hard to understand?

Have used a pair of the Winterceptor fleece pants for the last few seasons during the colder months - pros: blocks wind well, butter-soft after a few washings and field use, open pattern, lotsa pockets, foot stirrups; cons: no fly...actually having a local seamtress put a button-fly in this off-season. When it's really cold I prefer my Dayone bibs.
    '08 Mathews DXT...plus lots of other great stuff!!
    “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.” V. Lombardi
    "Don't Blink...life goes faster than you think" K.C.
    Member - Maryland Bowhunters Society

Thanks guys. I know there has to be more guys using the Nat Gear or who has compared it to the Russell.
    Jason Smith

ttt
    Jason Smith