a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Oneida for target shooting

Oneida for target shooting

Hello, just got my son his first bow and now I need to get one for myself. I have always loved the uniqueness of the Oneidas and want to pick up a used one just for shooting targets, no hunting.

I'm not reall familiar with the older models. Which would make a good finger shot target bow? Looking to spend under $300.

In your price I would suggest an X80 Aero Force it is a longer ATA at 48 inches which is more of a fingers shooters bow just be sure it is the right draw range before you bid or make an offer on one. They go for 200.00 to 300.00. The draw ranges are 25 to 28 short, 28 to 31 medium and 31 to 34 long. There are other models that were considered target bows by Oneida but they are more in cost and harder to find one is the "Pro" Eagle but it goes for much more for an older model it has a brace similar to what Hoyts, then a Black Eagle 2 though shorter ATA, Extreme again shorter ATA and then the Falcon. I might even suggest a Lite Force Magnum but also a short ATA bow... Not shot any with fingers but some that have say they are okay fingers shooter bow but it is all about what the shooter likes and the overall feel of a bow in his or her hands... The AF is a die cast riser so it is bit heavier but also helps absorb the bow's energy so less recoil in the bow. Just be aware and know what you are buying no cracks, cable fraying etc...

LFM

LFM may have nailed it with his model suggestions.
    The Strike Eagle would be another to consider in the older Oneida models.

Other than ebay, what are some good resources for finding used Oneidas?

Search the Classified here they pop up now and then also google search CP Oneida ... CP Oneida has a used rack at their shop location and sell used ones old and new as well other results like American Eagle Bows they have a forum and used bows / classifieds there as well. Just be patient one will come along just ask a lot of qustions as to the conditions of cable etc before you make an offer...

Good Luck,
    LFM

Do yourself a big favor. Few people have the understanding of how to shoot a bow. Find yourself a professional instructor for yourself and your son. There are some very simple things in archer that can make the difference between fun and work. Bow fit is of the utmost importance and for both of you don't get too heavy of a draw. It's a great family sport, and give bowfishing a try. Best of times to all.

another great place to find old Oneida's is bow.fishingcountry.com
    there are always some in the classifieds and usually at decent prices.
    It's never really finished.