Archery Talk Forum banner

Samick Sage Video Review

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bytesback 
#1 ·
This is my video review of the Samick Sage. I've had this bow for a few months now, and while I'm still not the worlds greatest archer, I do feel comfortable enough with this bow to finally do a video review of it. I highly recommend this bow to any newbies out there who are looking for an affordable recurve to try out, its really an excellent bow for the price, and it comes highly rated. Please excuse the sloppy release(I'm a string plucker :cry:) and any form issues, i've only been at this for a few months and have alot of work to do still. Thanks!

#2 ·
Great review Looks like you are on your way to enjoying the sport of archery. Don,t own a sage but have the samick redstag takedown an very happy with my personal favorite so far. Even liked it better then a couple of ilf rigs I tried out. But did just order the sage limbs an the cartel riser to try out. I,m sure the sage is great way to get into the sport at a lower cost an will perform just as well as some bows costing more.. You should get many years of enjoyment from the sage thanks for the video review well done.

#3 ·
Northern- Thanks for the kind words. I love the look of the Red Stag and am actually considering it for my next recurve

#5 ·
CBR- Thanks, its a really great starter bow, i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

#8 ·
When I made this video, I thought it MIGHT get 30-40 views, and help 1 or 2 newbies with the Samick Sage. Its been less than a year since I made it, and this video is up to 19,000+ views!!! I've had over 30 people message me over this video, and know personally of 20+ people that ended up buying from Twig Archery due my review which is just too cool! After how great John and Gayle over at Twig archery were to me, I am happy to know I was able to send a fair bit of business their way :)

#9 ·
Well as of April I have now been shooting the Samick Sage for a year. Over the last year I have come to enjoy my Samick Sage more and more. It has proven to be an excellent bow to learn on, and a blast to shoot. I recently purchased a more expensive, visually appealing Samick Phantom that I am very much looking forward to shooting. My original plan was to sell my Sage and use the profits to put towards my Phantom, but in the end I found that I had grown too attached to my Sage to get rid of it. So now I have my Samick Phantom for target shooting, and my durable trusty Sage for stump shooting and hiking around the hills. The great thing about the Sage is that since its such an inexpensive bow I don't have to panic at every ding it recieves while i'm walking around in the woods. So if anyone here is looking into the Sage, I can say with confidence after a year of shooting it that its an excellent starter bow, and a purchase one wouldn't regret. :)

Bow and arrow Archery Tree Bow Plant

#10 ·
55,000 views, still getting plenty of feedback on the video. Glad to see its been so helpful to so many

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.