a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

In order to start a thread looking for users to join your lease you must be either a purple or red star sponsor.

This also applies to "looking for folks to join our club"

It does not matter if you are not the land owner!

Threads started by non sponsors will be deleted.

Thank you,
    AT Admin

Greenwood South Carolina But love Bowhunting the Midwest
    So a man can not advertise a lease if he is not making any money? That was one cool part about AT was being able to find guys to hunt with. Luckily I found a great group to hunt with last year through these classifieds.

I understand the outfitters using the services section of the classifieds.

No disrespect here at all, just wondering. I am sure some "bad apples" are among us but it is nice to have a place to find like mined hunters without having to pay 500 or more dollars per year.

Whats the difference in this and selling a bow on here?

If you have leased ground and are now looking for other hunters to join that lease.. 1 of 2 things must happen.

1 you are a sponsor
    Or
    2 the land owner is a sponsor.

In the past we allowed these "join my lease thread" however some land owners were starting these threads pretending to be someone who leased.. When actually they were the land owner.

Because there is no way for us to tell for sure we have changed the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY DAD View Post
    So a man can not advertise a lease if he is not making any money? That was one cool part about AT was being able to find guys to hunt with. Luckily I found a great group to hunt with last year through these classifieds.

I understand the outfitters using the services section of the classifieds.

No disrespect here at all, just wondering. I am sure some "bad apples" are among us but it is nice to have a place to find like mined hunters without having to pay 500 or more dollars per year.

Whats the difference in this and selling a bow on here?

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    If you have leased ground and are now looking for other hunters to join that lease.. 1 of 2 things must happen.

1 you are a sponsor
    Or
    2 the land owner is a sponsor.

In the past we allowed these "join my lease thread" however some land owners were starting these threads pretending to be someone who leased.. When actually they were the land owner.

Because there is no way for us to tell for sure we have changed the rules.
    Now that just dont make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnk1 View Post
    Now that just dont make sense!
    What is confusing you?

Greenwood South Carolina But love Bowhunting the Midwest
    I can understand combating people taking advantage of the system.

But as someone who has GREATLY benefited from this particular function, I hate to see it cost money.

With leases costing 40-50 an acre in the midwest and people having to scrap to find serious people who are willing to pay for good hunting, this is just more cost that will fall down the ladder to the people joining these leases.

I am not sure how to fix the problem of dishonesty, but man I just hate to see this.

Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

So we can't help each other find leases?

Bummer, will make it harder for people to network for sure. On this site anyway.

Bummer but that's how it goes I guess. You can never eliminate all risk of people being scammed but this seems like it could hurt plenty who just want to help out fellow archers.

There is zero difference in "hey come help me pay for this lease" and " hey I want you to lease my ground"

Someone is making $$$ off AT .. Right?

Its not fair to the outfitters who follow the rules and Pay to play.

You make the rules but lots of guys split leases on here without a profit and really enjoy that ability. I contacted someone last month who I might split a lease with. Most make more money selling equipment in the classifieds (without restriction) than selling leases. Seems like a solution to a non-existent problem to me but the change is noted- thanks for heads up.

So I can sell a bow site in the classified section for $3,000 and throw in hunt on a 500 acre lease in Pike Cty Illinois because "I just like the buyer"?

Or is it OK to post just as long as it is not here in this classified section?
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2029745

+1, there wasn't a "problem" here. Blame it on "protecting paying sponsors/outfitters and keeping it "fair" for them if you want to, but at the end of the day this is all about the $$$$, always somebody worried about makin a dollar... They may think its an exaggeration, but this is a prime example of where the great heritage/past time we all love has headed in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Binney59 View Post
    You make the rules but lots of guys split leases on here without a profit and really enjoy that ability. I contacted someone last month who I might split a lease with. Most make more money selling equipment in the classifieds (without restriction) than selling leases. Seems like a solution to a non-existent problem to me but the change is noted- thanks for heads up.
    Mathews Drenalin, 29" @70#, QAD Hunter HD rest, truglo sight, Alpine sofloc quiver, Easton Axis Nano 340s, custom wraps w/3" AAE plasti fletch vanes, Rage 2 blade, Custom torque-less handle, Winners choice bowstring!! "Come on with it Cletus!!!"

I agree that most of us are hard working honest guys who live far from where we have to hunt to harvest the kind of animals we are looking for. That being said without this section many may not be able to hunt areas that are far from there homes because of a lack of being able to find areas available to hunt without a rather large expense of traving many times to knock on doors or cold calls. This site is the sole reason I am part of a lease that 4 of the 6 members came from here by reading a post "need members to help get this farm" last year. Its hard to find the "right" farm in the first place, much less fund the project all by oneself. If you are lucky enough to find the "right" farm its almost impossible to find great like minded hunters without the help of the internet before someone else leases it out from under you. Everyone pays the same amount and I feel lucky to be a part of the farm we have. I love archerytalk. Just dont want to see this be the reason alot of members stop using this forum in order for them to find a great place to hunt that is not outfitted. I would rather see a small charge to enter or post on a lease section. Like a small fee to be able to post or respond to a ad under that heading. I look at this section everytime I get on this site. Its fun to look at whats available no matter if I can afford it or not.
    Bowtech RPM 360, Flo Orange/Black strings Crackerized,Bowtech Qad HDX, G5 peep,Spot Hogg Father single pin .10, Carbofast stabilizers, Carbon Express RED 350. Swacker 100gr
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo,Hoyt Qad HDX,Hogwired,Carbofast stabilizer, G5 peep,CBE tek hybrid dovetail single pin .19,Swacker 100 gr

I have to agree with Rodney on this one. I am a land owner in West central IL that leases my family owned property to bowhunters each year. I used to put my information on here and about 2 years ago they stopped allowing it.
    Remember these are farms that my family owns, no other farms. Considering that, I think AT rules are the only way to be fair to everyone and may stop people taking advantage of the system. Either that or allow all ads like they used to years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wbyman View Post
    I have to agree with Rodney on this one. I am a land owner in West central IL that leases my family owned property to bowhunters each year. I used to put my information on here and about 2 years ago they stopped allowing it.
    Remember these are farms that my family owns, no other farms. Considering that, I think AT rules are the only way to be fair to everyone and may stop people taking advantage of the system. Either that or allow all ads like they used to years ago.
    in my humble opinion , i think this is totally different !! u lease out several pieces of ground for top dollar and a onetime sponsorship per year kind of gets dissoved in the top dollar per acre ur getting but at the same time is a bit much for a guy just trying to fill a last minute spot on his lease!!! seems pretty ridiculous!! soon i guess u will have to pay a fee for each item u sell in the classifieds!!!!

Joe...you have some great farms out there in Illinois. Don't get me wrong....but there is a big difference in you posting and the guy looking for an extra man for his lease. Most of the guys posting in this section of the forums are outfitters or outfitter types that have paid for sponorsorship.

They get angry when they can't get full price for their guided hunts or have the highest margin per acre on their leases.

This site has turned into nothing more than a business. Take a look at some other forums such as Georgia Outdoor News forum....they tend to have similar leases by the average man just posting. This is the only section on the site worth a dang unless you want to read post about peeing in the woods or the great tampon debate.

Just my two cents.

Purple star sponsorship is $250 a year

If you want to advertise a lease here pay the fee.. and you are all set.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrozasrn View Post
    in my humble opinion , i think this is totally different !! u lease out several pieces of ground for top dollar and a onetime sponsorship per year kind of gets dissoved in the top dollar per acre ur getting but at the same time is a bit much for a guy just trying to fill a last minute spot on his lease!!! seems pretty ridiculous!! soon i guess u will have to pay a fee for each item u sell in the classifieds!!!!
    If we think you are connected to a retailer and are using the classifieds as a business yes you have to be a purple star sponsor.

* we deal with users like that every day.

Its easier to pinpoint these folks because of multiple transactions and past posts.

Archerytalk is very much a business and 90% of our users get to use it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by EG01004 View Post
    Joe...you have some great farms out there in Illinois. Don't get me wrong....but there is a big difference in you posting and the guy looking for an extra man for his lease. Most of the guys posting in this section of the forums are outfitters or outfitter types that have paid for sponorsorship.

They get angry when they can't get full price for their guided hunts or have the highest margin per acre on their leases.

This site has turned into nothing more than a business. Take a look at some other forums such as Georgia Outdoor News forum....they tend to have similar leases by the average man just posting. This is the only section on the site worth a dang unless you want to read post about peeing in the woods or the great tampon debate.

Just my two cents.

So this section should be changed to something more like "Hunting Land for Lease by AT Sponsors"? Maybe by changing the name on the section it won't confuse us common folks :/
    Athens Testament Blackout / MBG Ascent Ambush / QAD HDX / Alpine Soft Loc / Dead Center Stab / Victory VForce tipped with 100g Rage
    Athens Accomplice 34 Camo Riser/Black limbs / Sword 3Rd Plane / QAD HDX / Alpine Soft Lock/ Stokerized Stab / Victory VForce tipped with 100g Rage

Re: Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

Just start a thread i need a place to hunt put ya name in.it and let people w the places pm ya....maybe thatd work?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

There you go... Just as long as replies are not advertising in nature. (Use the PM function or better yet email function)

Quote Originally Posted by blinginpse View Post
    Just start a thread i need a place to hunt put ya name in.it and let people w the places pm ya....maybe thatd work?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYArrowSlinger View Post
    So this section should be changed to something more like "Hunting Land for Lease by AT Sponsors"? Maybe by changing the name on the section it won't confuse us common folks :/
    1st sticky

Re: Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

Jus put looking in whatever state and let pms cime to u

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast