Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

This is pretty unfortunate in my opinion. Kind of scary, guess I'll have to stick to craigslist to help pay for my lease.

Re: Please Read!! " join my lease threads"

Quote Originally Posted by thestandoutdoor View Post
    This is pretty unfortunate in my opinion. Kind of scary, guess I'll have to stick to craigslist to help pay for my lease.
    Or dont get in on wat u cant pay for yaself

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Bling, good tip. Thank you.

Then just call it the outfitter page, its all about the outfitters right, and the impact they have had on the price per acre as well as all of the many people out their that have lost land to outfitters. Lets pray to the all mighty outfitter, how you are ruining the sport for future generations. And that's some good advice you gave out earlier, I'll just say what i want and it it'll magically fall into my lap, what world do you live in that you think that would really happen, i bet the only threads on here will be ads from you blessed outfitters selling leases of the same lands that they guide on, that's right, double dipping, never thought of that did you, oh they would never do that. So now We will just find another site out their that lets you do it for free, its not like you don't have ads on every single page you open up on this site. And finally let me guess, in the near future there will be a general membership fee imposed to use the site. And Rodney don't let me forget, i don't see any purple stars under your name, shouldn't you have them since you are obviously advertising Athens archery.

You really should read our rules prior to posting nonsense!

** Athens is a banner sponsor!

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Then just call it the outfitter page, its all about the outfitters right, and the impact they have had on the price per acre as well as all of the many people out their that have lost land to outfitters. Lets pray to the all mighty outfitter, how you are ruining the sport for future generations. And that's some good advice you gave out earlier, I'll just say what i want and it it'll magically fall into my lap, what world do you live in that you think that would really happen, i bet the only threads on here will be ads from you blessed outfitters selling leases of the same lands that they guide on, that's right, double dipping, never thought of that did you, oh they would never do that. So now We will just find another site out their that lets you do it for free, its not like you don't have ads on every single page you open up on this site. And finally let me guess, in the near future there will be a general membership fee imposed to use the site. And Rodney don't let me forget, i don't see any purple stars under your name, shouldn't you have them since you are obviously advertising Athens archery.

Make sure you read!!!!!

Wow this is really sad. I'm lucky I found a couple of great hunting partners last year by posting for some openings on our lease.
    Wolf Creek Taxidermy & Outfitting - Now offering worldwide hunts!!
    WOLF CREEK TAXIDERMY - ENID,OK
    Wolf Creek Outfitting
    Phone #903-253-1593
    DKOAB10025

This is unfortunate. I just bought some land and was thinking about leasing some to help offset the taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Rodney, you representing the best interest of the AT community means you're representing me and the people on this post as well. By the eyeball test you and the governing body are not doing a very good job. It is difficult to find good land and even more difficult to find suitable hunting partners. To tell the truth I do not at all see the difference between the farmer listing vs the group short a guy. It is a microcosm of the political realm. Powerful, monied (carrying the metaphor) minority groups lobbying against the will of the people and winning because they are friends with govt/moderators. I thought this was a joke when listed or that I read it wrong. Then to see you defend it? It's a joke alright. Don't get so big that you forget you are powered by your base. The guys without the stars next to their login. If you lose them the guys with the stars just go somewhere else. Idea, instead of pandering to these small outfitters/retailers, why not offer levels of service or membership to every member whereby you could participate in such threads/posts. We're talking peanuts to such a vast number of members who would partake and non loss, rather a huge gain for AT itself. Makes more sense than current policy and doesn't offend anyone, lest they are trying to monopolize and abuse. There seem to be so many obvious solutions that you have either not thought about the problem (which you clearly have), or the reason the common sense solutions aren't in play is because you like the way this is heading. Please don't censor this. That's what gov't does next right. :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's really about the revenue, isn't it. It is always about the revenue. so sad. ADIOS
    Destroyer 340
    Strother Wrath

Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillern View Post
    Rodney, you representing the best interest of the AT community means you're representing me and the people on this post as well. By the eyeball test you and the governing body are not doing a very good job. It is difficult to find good land and even more difficult to find suitable hunting partners. To tell the truth I do not at all see the difference between the farmer listing vs the group short a guy. It is a microcosm of the political realm. Powerful, monied (carrying the metaphor) minority groups lobbying against the will of the people and winning because they are friends with govt/moderators. I thought this was a joke when listed or that I read it wrong. Then to see you defend it? It's a joke alright. Don't get so big that you forget you are powered by your base. The guys without the stars next to their login. If you lose them the guys with the stars just go somewhere else. Idea, instead of pandering to these small outfitters/retailers, why not offer levels of service or membership to every member whereby you could participate in such threads/posts. We're talking peanuts to such a vast number of members who would partake and non loss, rather a huge gain for AT itself. Makes more sense than current policy and doesn't offend anyone, lest they are trying to monopolize and abuse. There seem to be so many obvious solutions that you have either not thought about the problem (which you clearly have), or the reason the common sense solutions aren't in play is because you like the way this is heading. Please don't censor this. That's what gov't does next right. :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by holepuncher View Post
    It's really about the revenue, isn't it. It is always about the revenue. so sad. ADIOS
    I get paid nothing..

But yes AT is a business

Your welcome? How do I respond. AT is a business. A growing business, and a business with direct access to it's customer's thoughts as volunteered in threads and posts. If you can't satisfy that base there should be great concern for the business or at least it's leadership. Rest assured however, sponsors can come and go in this business model...AT can get new ones. If you lose your base, however, from a business standpoint being a sponsor would seem pointless. Dance with the girl that brought you...just saying g. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ok if I get this right...

Business advertises. Business gets charged and passes cost on to little guy;

Little guy advertises. Little guy passes cost on to wife.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    In order to start a thread looking for users to join your lease you must be either a purple or red star sponsor.

This also applies to "looking for folks to join our club"

It does not matter if you are not the land owner!

Threads started by non sponsors will be deleted.

Thank you,
    AT Admin

I came across a potential lease and revisited this post. I see a purple star will cost $250- how much for red?

As a person who pays for the stars of course I think this is great! I can see both sides though. I have been running into those posing as landowners or lease guys often! LOL

Have been browsing for places to hunt and stumbled onto this thread. I've enjoyed learning, sharing, and buying/selling stuff on AT since 2008. Being US Army, I'm often moving from one place to the next and choose to spend my $ on gear, gas, and food. Combine that with quality time in the woods, and I've been as, if not more, successful in harvesting game than many friends who use outfitters.

I'm not a land owner, never leased, and never joined a club. Went on my first paid hunt last fall to SD for pheasant and decided I'd also chase a doe w/archery. Got my daily limit of pheasant and my doe but wasn't the same as DIY. The satisfaction of putting in the work and reaping the rewards are far more enjoyable to me than having a guy lead me to a tree and tell me they come from this direction usually about this time etc... Not knocking those that choose outfitters. In fact, under certain circumstances, there is a time and place where I'd strongly consider it.

As for the issue here, again, not sure I agree with the rationale. Outfitters are a professional business choosing to advertise year round for annual hunt opportunties based on the specific game they have in their area and to a pretty specific clientele. There are hunters that can and do pay the $ on a recurring basis to go on 5, 7, 10 or more days hunt.

The land owner or club member are advertising to someone willing to pay a fee for the entire season. In many cases, these folks get a lease locked in and probably don't need to advertise more than once a year if that. Compare that to the outfitter and even the $250 per year fee sims a bit much depending on how much you plan on advertising. Yeah, I know it's a stretch to say $250/year is a bit much but it's relative based on the advertising needs. Most of these folks generally cater to local clientele rather than someone willing to drive from out of state...

I don't believe outfitters stand to lose any more clients on AT than Facebook, Craigslist, or any other advertising medium. In fact, their best advertising is from satisfied customers.

I don't believe AT is attempting to get rich or make more $ off this rule update. But if it's about being fair to the outfitters, what about those paying companies that use AT to sell products compared to hunters sharing information with each other about where they got a good deal on the internet for some of the same products. I see companies advertise their stock on many of the products I choose to use, and I can beat their prices outright doing my own research. I've seen hunters start a "WTB" thread and many hunters, me included, give them advice/options on where they may find the best deal. Often times, it's not any of the sponsors on AT. Is this any different than the outfitter and the land owner/club member argument?

Regardless, thanks to AT for a great site that I've enjoyed for many years. For my fellow hunters, may your hunting experiences be blessed with success and a sense of accomplishment that only we can understand. For those looking for places to hunt, looks like the folks at AT endorsed a technique as a work around. Go for it.

P.S. I'm looking for good places to hunt elk and/or mule deer on public or private land in AZ, CO, and NM. Depending on draw results, also looking for archery OTC tag opportunities outside of the draw system.

Cheers.

Guys its $250 a year,If you have 10 members on a lease its $25 a man, thats not breaking the bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12