Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grim Reaper Broadhead Review

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    1 3/8. 100 gr
    I think this continues to be their best all around head. The 1 3/8" penetrates like a fixed head but has a little bit more cut. It's great on all game in North America with the right set up. The Reaper was designed by elk hunters.

Hoyt Spyder Turbo #3 RKT 29"
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Carter Like Mike releases
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by 1seth View Post
    After the Rage Hypos are out a season, I dont think anyone will shoot anything else. Over the Top Expandables are old technology.
    Old technology that is proven to work.

No sense in attempting to reinvent the wheel.

However, it's your money and you can waste it anyway you want
    2013 mathews Z7 Magnum 71#/ 27.5" DL
    2012 Hoyt Rampage XT blackout/ 60#/ 27.5" DL
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

pm answered
    www.BeanOutdoors.com
    Dealer: Elite, Bear, Strother, Darton, Diamond, Stryker Xbows, TenPoint, Sitka Gear, First Lite Wool, Vortex Optics, Lone Wolf , Muddy, HHA, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, Tight Spot Quivers, Badlands, ScentBlocker, ASAT Camo, Gold Tip, B-Stinger Stabs, Horn Hunter Packs! We carry 20K+ items and meet and beat most prices! We also carry G5, PSE, & all Crossbow Brands!
    Follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest Bean Specials and News!

Re: Grim Reaper Broadhead Review

Nest head on the market!
    Watch'em drop!
    Those of you that like rages, keep em!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Guy's it was friday when i posted that, was just trying to get yall fired up and have some fun. Reapers are good heads.

tttt
    www.BeanOutdoors.com
    Dealer: Elite, Bear, Strother, Darton, Diamond, Stryker Xbows, TenPoint, Sitka Gear, First Lite Wool, Vortex Optics, Lone Wolf , Muddy, HHA, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, Tight Spot Quivers, Badlands, ScentBlocker, ASAT Camo, Gold Tip, B-Stinger Stabs, Horn Hunter Packs! We carry 20K+ items and meet and beat most prices! We also carry G5, PSE, & all Crossbow Brands!
    Follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest Bean Specials and News!

Review of one of the best mechanical broadheads out there the Grim Reaper.
    x2. I have used them for over 10 years and love them.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com
    1-800-339-0232
    The original Made in the USA

We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

Here is my experience. I had a cow elk down that was still alive when I found her. I decided to finish her off instead of letting her suffer, so I drilled her in the back of the head with one of these broadheads. I wanted to see how these heads performed on bone and wanted to end things quickly.

The result was the head started to open and the blades became like the legs on a tripod and stopped that arrow dead with just the tip of the broadhead through the bone. I was shooting 70# and took that shot from maybe 7-8 yards away. I don't have any pictures to back this up, but it is the honest truth. IMO I would not feel justified shooting this head at a large (elk sized) animal.
    "Have respect for nature, for you are small and Biodegradable."

Well what did you expect shooting into the thick skull of an Elk? Bone Head move. No pun intended.
    '13 Bowtech Experience, HHA single pin, Scott release, Easton Flatline Surgical arrows, Octane stabilizer, Grim Reaper broadheads

Muzzy's had no problems . . . .There bonehead!

Re: Grim Reaper Broadhead Review

Quote Originally Posted by johnswan View Post
    Here is my experience. I had a cow elk down that was still alive when I found her. I decided to finish her off instead of letting her suffer, so I drilled her in the back of the head with one of these broadheads. I wanted to see how these heads performed on bone and wanted to end things quickly.

The result was the head started to open and the blades became like the legs on a tripod and stopped that arrow dead with just the tip of the broadhead through the bone. I was shooting 70# and took that shot from maybe 7-8 yards away. I don't have any pictures to back this up, but it is the honest truth. IMO I would not feel justified shooting this head at a large (elk sized) animal.
    Only thing you did right was not take pictures, poor elk.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

1 3/8" Reaper

500 lb bear dead in 30 yards with the 1 3/8" reaper!DSC01480.JPG

I carry Reapers and Ramcats in my quiver. Love them both. Great heads.
    Elite 35 Black 60 lbs. Orange OK Archery Absolute 38 60.lbs
    HHA Site/Tru ball Axcel 5 pin
    Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Shooting Staff
    Tru Ball Shooting StaffOfficial Scorer for the NBBC

Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean Outdoors View Post
    Review of one of the best mechanical broadheads out there the Grim Reaper.

In the video we talk about grim reaper along with the durability 'test' that occurred. On a side note my hog outfitter recently shot thru a 100lb hog and had the same thing occur...his bolt is still in south carolina tree root. If you have questions or need pricing feel free to pm us or shoot us a email at eric@beanoutdoors.com or call/text 336.564.2400 We typically stock the full line of Grim Reaper!

Bump
    www.BeanOutdoors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Msokol13 View Post
    Yup...no rubber bands or shock collars to replace/fail in the field. Love mine....and love to watch em drop!
    same here!! I use the razor tip and love em!!!
    PSE MILITIA
    '10 PSE Vendetta XS 29/70.......shoots so fast I cant even measure the speed!
    GT XT Hunter 5575's, PSE Night hawk 3 site, Pro Hunter pro veiw peep, TR sling and stabilizer, Q shot whisker biscuit, Tru Fire adjustable release.......

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on AT.
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo #3 RKT 29"
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Carter Like Mike releases
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by General RE LEE View Post
    Probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on AT.

Yeah

tttt
    www.BeanOutdoors.com

Well I dont make it a habit of shooting Big game in the head with a bow so I guess I wouldnt know what heads perform well in this instance. I do know that grim reapers tear mean ass holes through deer and bear when you send one through the boiler room. I just dont agree with shooting an animal in the head with a bow.
    '13 Bowtech Experience, HHA single pin, Scott release, Easton Flatline Surgical arrows, Octane stabilizer, Grim Reaper broadheads

bump
    www.BeanOutdoors.com

Muzzy's had no problems . . . .There bonehead!
    how often have you done this?

got some reapers from LTL Acorn Outdoors and love them.
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

I used to shoot them and they performed great for me. I have been shooting other heads because I really like rear deploy and large entries but the Reapers mean what they say, "Watch em' drop"! Seen these pics on another forum...

There will be haters, doubters, unbelievers and then there will be you proving them wrong

Just checked out their FB page and they have some cool pics...

There will be haters, doubters, unbelievers and then there will be you proving them wrong

I feel I need to respond since several of you are not happy with my post. The elk in question had already been shot through one lung and the diaphragm and was already dying. I hate to come upon elk still alive after a decent shot, but elk are tough animals and it happens. With that I am not one to sit back and watch them and let nature take it's course. I also never shoot something in the head while I am hunting, this was a finishing shot, NOT hunting. The head is too tough of a target and the chance for wounding something is too great, so if you had this opinion of me then I am sorry for the misinformation.

With that being said, I also like to try out my equipment (arrow weight, different heads, etc) on game with a finishing shot. I want to know how different setups work on the "worst" shot you could make. The question is not "do broadheads kill", (they all do on a perfect shot). My question is which is the best setup for me! I like to know how my setup would work on a horrible shot so I know it will work on a great shot.

So, the worst shot I can make is on straight bone. Now you could say "Why don't you just shoot the front shoulder or put another arrow in it's lungs?" My question back to you is "Why destroy more meat?" and "What would I learn from this?" You can only learn so much from shooting wood targets, I am trying to learn from the real thing.

I will not post any more on this subject. There are too many posts here on AT with two people hashing it out. If you disagree with me . . . So be it.

Thanks for the picture Timmy . . . I had not seen that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast