Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excalibur vs Scorpyd vs Ten Point

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Get the Stealth SS with the Accudraw 50......Ive got the 50 on my Turbo XLT II and it makes cocking it very easy.....
    Is it quite like using a rope cocker or does it make noise ? I would like one, they say it takes away 50% of draw weight. I guess that's why they call it the 50.

Excalibur Y25. Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout. Axiom SMF.
    TenPoint Turbo XLT. TenPoint Stealth SS.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.
    Free Men Need Not Ask To Bear Arms.

They concord has auto cocking/decocking with the touch of a button. I really like the scorpyd line out of the three
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

i think the ten point is your best bet considering your health. easy to cock with a accu draw and a great shooter. they are also well known for there dependability.

i can not imagine someone not being happy with this bow weather coming into crossbows new or even a veteran wanting a new bow. This is i i m o. one of the best your going to get.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    Is it quite like using a rope cocker or does it make noise ? I would like one, they say it takes away 50% of draw weight. I guess that's why they call it the 50.
    Accu50 is basically a spring loaded, built in rope cocker. 50% reduction. The advantage of course having your rope cocker on the bow at all times. Yes be careful if you hold down any levers that disengage the accudraw. One slip of your hand and bad things are going to happen. I won't tell you not to do it but I'll say I wouldn't :-)
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Ten Point Turbo 11

Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    Pinshooter explained it to a tee....LOL.....What I like about the 50 is, I never have to worry about, Do I have my cocking device...I have thought about buying a extra rope cocker to carry in my daypack, just in case something happens.....
    The Holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
    TenPoint Turbo XLT II
    430 gr Black Eagle Executioners
    100 gr Slick Trick Magnums

high, probably a good idea to have an extra one :-) May never need it but like they say better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it lol
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Ten Point Turbo 11

I all ways have a extra rope cocker, stringer, string in my pack for my Excal...The just in case deal. Both TenPoints I have owned have had the Acudraw, but like I said, I would like to put the AcuDraw 50 on my Turbo instead of the regular AcuDraw if it cuts down the draw like they say it does but i'll wait till after surgery before I spend the money for it.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by deertroy1 View Post
    Unfortunately no. I could probably answer my questions myself if that were the case. The selection in rural Canada is limited no matter what you would like to purchase!
    If selection is poor in your area, then warranty and repair service will be the same and you should choose a bow accordingly.
    Excalibur is not the only one that makes a recurve. Tenpoint makes a recurve called the flex.

Cams on a bow will mean more maintenance. Timing can be critical and many have serving wear issues on the cables.
    Compound crossbows will need to go to a bow shop just for routine maintenance.

Considering ... the "noise" of using a crank cocking device? Well, you crank it up when you get out of the truck... no noise penalty. If you shoot a deer and reload... no scare the deer noise penalty. If you shoot "at" a deer and miss ... and reload ... well, you already screwed up, so the noise penalty is your own fault ... lol Grin & bear it. If you want to shoot two or three deer in succession ... well now you have a problem.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

When I use my C2 crank cocker for hunting (and sometimes while just shooting) I release my lever and crank it silently. I engage the lever once the string is engaged. I have never had any problem doing so. I can see how it could bust some knuckles if you let it go but do not see why anyone would let go of that large handle until they are ready to release it. There is only a few lbs. of pressure applied to the handle while cranking. I was doing this a couple of months after having rotator cuff surgery. I could not scratch the top of my head with my arm but I could crank my Excal Vortex with it.

Thanks guy's for all the replies. Initially I was wanting an Excalibur Matrix 355. This was because I had heard recurves were more trouble free than compounds and my local archer shop (if 2 hours away is local) is a dealer (although he has none in stock). My main issue is I'm only 5"-7" tall with a 24.5" draw. Although I've been attending physiotherapy for shoulder impingement I have never had shoulder surgery and things are progressing nicely. I've never cocked a cross bow so I have no idea of the strength involved.

Quote Originally Posted by deertroy1 View Post
    Thanks guy's for all the replies. Initially I was wanting an Excalibur Matrix 355. This was because I had heard recurves were more trouble free than compounds and my local archer shop (if 2 hours away is local) is a dealer (although he has none in stock). My main issue is I'm only 5"-7" tall with a 24.5" draw. Although I've been attending physiotherapy for shoulder impingement I have never had shoulder surgery and things are progressing nicely. I've never cocked a cross bow so I have no idea of the strength involved.
    The strength ... can be substantial. Not necessarily crazy hard, but it's there. More importantly, while there are tricks to use your weight and leverage to make it easier ... the STRESS on certain joints and ligaments is STILL there.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Quote Originally Posted by robertyb View Post
    When I use my C2 crank cocker for hunting (and sometimes while just shooting) I release my lever and crank it silently. I engage the lever once the string is engaged. I have never had any problem doing so. I can see how it could bust some knuckles if you let it go but do not see why anyone would let go of that large handle until they are ready to release it. There is only a few lbs. of pressure applied to the handle while cranking. I was doing this a couple of months after having rotator cuff surgery. I could not scratch the top of my head with my arm but I could crank my Excal Vortex with it.
    Guess I'll treat the C2 just like my AcuDraw then...
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Considering ... the "noise" of using a crank cocking device? Well, you crank it up when you get out of the truck... no noise penalty. If you shoot a deer and reload... no scare the deer noise penalty. If you shoot "at" a deer and miss ... and reload ... well, you already screwed up, so the noise penalty is your own fault ... lol Grin & bear it. If you want to shoot two or three deer in succession ... well now you have a problem.
    I crank mine up at home being I walk to my hunting area and I'm good for that one positive shot.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.

Those Scorpyd Ventilators sure are cool looking though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12