Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona ez fletch mini and vanes

Arizona ez fletch mini and vanes

Thinking about getting the Arizona ez fletch mini. Any pro or cons for getting it also is it hard fletching your own. Now has anyone tryed the fusions vanes or should I just get blazer vanes. Pros and cons for the fusions

Re: Arizona ez fletch mini and vanes

I got one and sold my Bitz, no regrets at all. Personally, my favorite vanes to use with it are the AAE Max Hunters and Norway Raptor vanes, seem to get a better result and more twist than with Blazers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    '12 CRX 35 Black 28.75" 62#/ MBG Ascent Ambush/ Apache Carbon/ B-Stinger Sport Hunter 10"/ Apex MQX Quiver/ Scott Exxus/ GT XT 5575/ Shuttle Ts
    '12 CRX 35 Target Orange 28.75" 56.7#/ CBE Tek Target w Large CBE Scope .010/ LD Micro Elite/ B-Stinger Competitor 30" Bar & 12" Side/ GT X-Cutter/Exxus

I've owned a bitz, boehning, az ez and out of those 3 the az ez fletch was the easiest to use.

However, removing dried glue became such a pain in the ass that I went to the shrink quick fletch vanes made by NAP and haven't looked back.

The hardest part is waiting for the water to boil. Haha
    2013 mathews Z7 Magnum 70#/ 27.5" DL
    2012 Hoyt Rampage XT blackout/ 68#/ 27.5" DL
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Depends on what glue you use as I found out.

AZ EZ Carbon and Blazer quick spins...used Super Glue (regular)....will use the gel next time as it looks easier to use. (2-3 drops and a rub Vs. liquid everywhere)

And I'm a Newbie at building arrows
    Rules: Are guidelines for the wise and restrictions for the stupid.

Here is what I use.

Arizona EZ Fletch Mini.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Rim-...item565719f243

Blazer Vanes Mix/Match w/Logo Pkg of 100 New.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/281067565596...84.m1438.l2649

Loctite Gel Control Super Glue.....http://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-Ge...-Glue/22875644
    Mathews Z7, QAD HDX, Axis 400 Arrows
    Scott Sabertooth, Slick Trick Broadheads
    Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve

I've had real good results with an AZ mini fletch. Used blazers and fusion vanes. Only problem I had was when I tried the zeon fusions. The ridges caught on the grooves because of the helical.

Aeovanes AG0600 glue is what I switched to recently from locktite gel because of the needle applicator. It works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I like.my mini with blazers. After a dozen arrows I soak the mini in acetone toremove excess glue. I use loctite super gluegel.in blue/gray bottle.
    NEW SCHOOL-2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery."

The Mini is THE way to go....I just fletched 9 DCA arrows in about 45min. I took my time and they came out super. If you can find some GT Tip Grip glue, buy it.........it will glue in inserts and vanes and you can't chisel them off, nor will inserts ever come out into your bag target or come loose......I've had the Mini since they first came out and its all I'll ever need or want with these short vanes we use.....
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by BoHunter0210 View Post
    I like.my mini with blazers. After a dozen arrows I soak the mini in acetone toremove excess glue. I use loctite super gluegel.in blue/gray bottle.
    thats good stuff also and I too soak the mini in Acetone.......its the best thing you can do for the Mini to clean it up!
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

I haven't sold my Blitz, but rarely use it anymore. Try the AAE Fastset gel super glue, or any of the other gel super glues. And use only the slightest amount you can get by with to coat the foot of the vane. The AZ Mini presses the fletching so tight against the shaft that you will have issues if you use the same amount as other fletching tools.
    A man has got to know his limitations . . .

Hoyt Carbon Element 29/70
    Elite Answer 29/60

Quote Originally Posted by Flatwoodshunter View Post
    Here is what I use.

Arizona EZ Fletch Mini.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Rim-...item565719f243

Blazer Vanes Mix/Match w/Logo Pkg of 100 New.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/281067565596...84.m1438.l2649

Loctite Gel Control Super Glue.....http://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-Ge...-Glue/22875644
    We use the same stuff from the same places.
    V.P. Central Florida Archers
    Blue PSE Supra ME for 3-D,
    Black PSE Supra ME for Field and Target,

Az ez and firenocks glue with the tip they sell world like a charm no extra glue all over the place may cost a little more but it is some awesome stuff
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

I own a Bitz but decided to give the mini a try. Borrowed my friends mini and now the Bitz is collecting dust. I use the mini on Fusion vanes and it works like a champ. Also the Loctite mentioned above is the way to go, great control of the glue application.
    2012 Bowtech Invasion
    2012 Mathews Heli-M
    2012 Elite Pure

If you are worried / getting glue on the legs What I do is put some string wax on the legs so no glue sticks to them

I love the fusion 2.1 vanes better then blazers. I like that they have a clear base, makes it great for seeing how much glue is applied. they vane is stiffer also and i like the look of them also. AAE max hunters look nice too.
    2011 Destroyer 350 28.5" 65#, 10" Carbon stab, Axcel Armortech Hd 5 pin .010, Ripcord, Gold Tip Velocity 7595's 396 gr, 100gr Killzones, Grim Reaper WTS, RamCats
    Tru Ball Short N Sweet, Carter Just B Cuz 3 finger
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings

I have glue running down mine. all I can say is use thick glue
    elite e-35 in ap snow
    62# @ 29.5"dl
    Archeryshack Field Staff.... archeryshackstrings.com

I heard somewhere that the gorilla glue works great

Quote Originally Posted by Chrischop04 View Post
    that's what I use now. (I think? a friend put some in a bottle and said try this out )
    elite e-35 in ap snow
    62# @ 29.5"dl
    Archeryshack Field Staff.... archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chrischop04 View Post
    I have some right now and it's not bad but I like the loctite gel better. Wipe the glued base on some wax paper to smear it then go for it. I use the AAE maxhunters and it's puts enough helical on them that the arrow looks like a pin wheel from the back. VERY handy little fletching machine. It will also do a bunch of different fletch patterns, even 4 fletch. Just give the instructions a read.
    ~ GOD, Family, Country ~
    Hoyt CRX32

The AZ Mini is an awesome little jig for shorter fletchings. I tried several different jigs trying to get the helical I wanted on Blazers. None came close to what the mini does.

If I could change anything about it, I would make it so it would be compatible for longer fletchings.

I keep my Bitz for longer fletchings but it does not provide the same awesome helical the mini does.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

I use Sanuders NVP ? glue with the mini fletcher

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!

Loctite Control Gel and the mini rocks
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60
    2012 Bowtech Insanity APG

For Blazers I love the Az mini. I bought one on Skeeter's recommendation last year and I am have happy I did. Great helical on the short fletchings.
    - Mike - 2013 Bowtech Assassin 62#@28.5" - 2013 Bowtech Experience 70#@28.5"
    "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement,and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. " - Fred Bear

Biggest con to the ez fletch is arrow diameter. If your just fletching "normal" size carbons or hunting arrows your fine. You wont fit a large diameter shaft in there. The ez fletch for aluminum arrows will fit a easton fatboy though. And of course the mini is only gonna do 2" vanes. I would get a Bitz for the versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    The AZ Mini is an awesome little jig for shorter fletchings. I tried several different jigs trying to get the helical I wanted on Blazers. None came close to what the mini does.

If I could change anything about it, I would make it so it would be compatible for longer fletchings.

I keep my Bitz for longer fletchings but it does not provide the same awesome helical the mini does.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.
    You can buy just the arms and swap it over.
    Rules: Are guidelines for the wise and restrictions for the stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast