Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omni nocks required

Omni nocks required

Just an FYI that the new omni nocks are required on all Tenpoint bows not just the Vapor or other narrow designs. No matter the string angle you are required to use them.

John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Does Firenock offer a omni nock ?

I'm not sure to be honest. I know some lighted omni nocks are on the works but I don't know who is making them. I did read where Randy said this

"TenPoint is not planning on getting into the lighted nock business, but we are working with several companies that are. I suspect there will be an option or two before the fall hunting season." This was posted back in May

and

"I saw some good things with the lighted Omni nock. We are making prgress. More details in the next few weeks." This was posted a couple weeks ago
    Matrix 380

Can see A Vapor in the near future. Still reading about them. Need to talk to SSA and see what he offers since my 20" BE'S won't work on the Vapor.

I imagine there will be some good options before hunting season comes in. I've never looked much at lighted nocks.
    Matrix 380

There's something ... about that nock I don't like. To my untrained eye, it looks like an accident waiting to happen. I don't understand why every manufacturer doesn't go to snap on Firenock type "Q" nocks and be done with all the partial dry fire crap. They've worked on vertical bows forever!
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    There's something ... about that nock I don't like. To my untrained eye, it looks like an accident waiting to happen. I don't understand why every manufacturer doesn't go to snap on Firenock type "Q" nocks and be done with all the partial dry fire crap. They've worked on vertical bows forever!
    Duke, after using the Q nocks with the vent it would make all the sense in the world. simple! Would anyone know if the Q nock changes the arrow release from the string at all from one that doesn't grab the string?

All it takes with a Q nock is not paying attention one time, and there are pieces of your bow on the ground. Load an omni nock with any vane down and your good. I've used the on a scorpyd too, they worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by c.e.p. View Post
    Does Firenock offer a omni nock ?
    Not at this point.

I'm not really a proponent or opponent of either nock design. They both have their pluses and minuses. My wish list though would be for the omnis to be press fit. Something that may never happen but thats why its a wish list lol I glued in some last night and its not that big a deal but gluing in is the only complaint most people have. I shot them out of the SZ and they seemed to work fine. I would not use them in a scorpyd as it voids the warranty.

Which brings up the thought about gluing in lighted nocks. I can't see putting heat on a lighted nock so unless someone makes a press fit it would appear to use epoxy which I think is what tenpoint uses?
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by 10PTREP View Post
    All it takes with a Q nock is not paying attention one time, and there are pieces of your bow on the ground. Load an omni nock with any vane down and your good. I've used the on a scorpyd too, they worked fine.
    With the Q knock the same vane is down every time... additionally it's the only vane that can be down when the knock clicks on the string.

Reckon i won't buy any Ten pts if'en you gots to put omni's on all yer arrows. Stick wid me flats & Excals, seems to be more about payin fer special stuff on these crossbows now.I been killin deer n hogs fer 15 yrs wid out'em
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Can you shoot flat nocks out of the Vapor ? If not should I be shooting omni out of my Carbon Elite which came with flat nocks.

Quote Originally Posted by c.e.p. View Post
    Can you shoot flat nocks out of the Vapor ?
    No because of the string angle.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

CEP,
    No, you can use flats if it came with them, but the Omni is a better connection for certain. As you work through your flats, I would switch to Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Redm2 View Post
    With the Q knock the same vane is down every time... additionally it's the only vane that can be down when the knock clicks on the string.
    Red,
    That is with the assumption that the user is paying attention to the vane color and that it clicks. Having answered phones here for ten years and worked at a sporting goods store for an additional 7, I can tell you that is a BIG assumption. Lots of people do not pay attention to what they are doing. The Omni helps reduce that assumption factor, the Q does not.

The problem that I see or don't like is when these companies have sold the bows, they come with moon nocks and then they change their mind to now the universal, omni or q nock and then say that the other ones void their warranty is a little crap. Unless they provide you with replacement nocks that suit their new warranty how can you have warranty issues if you are using a product that they provided or recommended when you made the original purchase. Ten Point, Bowtech and Scorpyd all are guilty of doing this.

Personally I use the omnis on my strykezone and like them a lot and q nock on the scorpyd. The nice thing about omnis and why I like them is that it is pretty much dummy proof once it is installed correctly. I do like the q nocks for the speed bows but from a company stand point just as moon nocks q nocks technically can be loaded wrong where you can't load an omni wrong.

I would like to see a better fitting omni for the black eagle shafts than what is currently out in the green color.
    Strykezone 380 Vortex Razor HD 1x4 FFP
    Native Crossbows Rampage with Hawke XB30
    Middleton DTM SS 355 with Hawke XB30
    Middleton DTM SS 315 with Hawke 1.5x5 Illuminated

Quote Originally Posted by hiwese1 View Post
    The problem that I see or don't like is when these companies have sold the bows, they come with moon nocks and then they change their mind to now the universal, omni or q nock and then say that the other ones void their warranty is a little crap. Unless they provide you with replacement nocks that suit their new warranty how can you have warranty issues if you are using a product that they provided or recommended when you made the original purchase. Ten Point, Bowtech and Scorpyd all are guilty of doing this.
    If you got a TenPoint prior to 2013, flats are fine and do not void your warranty.
    If you bought a bow with Omnis, then that is what you need to be shooting out of it. We have switched over all our arrows to the Omni because it is a better hook up than the flats. The Omni can be used with all our bows that shot flats in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PTREP View Post

Randy, then you voided your warranty ...lol

Just playin with ya of course, what I am wondering about the omni's , is that , yes, while it's cocked there may be full contact with the string , but once fired and string angle decreases , only the small center around the hole in the center will have string contact ?
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Randy,
    The string is still "bent" and in contact with the grooves of the Omni during most of the launch, almost to the point where the string sits at rest. It is the initial launch and several inches after launch that the contact is most important and where most issues arise.

Alright so I have to ask.

Has the string angle changed on the 2013 models that were offered in 2012? Such as the Tactical XLT,the Turbo XLT, and all the others. Last year they came with flat nocks and flat nocks were OK to use with them, but this year they come with OMNI nocks and flat knocks cannot be used on them???

I know this muddies the water, but certainly can be confusing for all. I understand where the Vapor and Stealth SS are new for 2013 and have different string angles thus the need for the omni nock.
    Love your crossbow? Join the ranks of the American Crossobow Federation so others might have the same opportunity you do.

Its confusing I know, lot of this years bows are the same as last year but last year is ok to use flats but this year is not
    Matrix 380

Imo, all this warranty being voided for not using a certain knock is getting out of hand. I know this much, as soon as Kodabow comes out with a narrower model in the 380fps range, I'll be adding it to the stable.

Gotcha , thanks Randy
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by Redm2 View Post
    Imo, all this warranty being voided for not using a certain knock is getting out of hand. I know this much, as soon as Kodabow comes out with a narrower model in the 380fps range, I'll be adding it to the stable.
    I understand where you are coming from. Most of us like options so from a shooters stand point it can be frustrating but from the manufacturers stand point is all about reducing warranty issues and I can't fault them for that.

Heard really great things about Kodabow though I've never held one.
    Matrix 380

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast