Thread: Who shoots Victory HVs?

Who shoots Victory HVs?

Considering making a switch on arrows again. Shot Victory VAP 350s last year and as much as I liked them, they didn't fly as well as the HV350s I had. I onl have 3 of the HVs, so looking to stock up if I go that route, but still have questions about their strength. I personally have shot the heck out of these arrows over the last 3 years, never a break/crack. Reading lots of reviews on here about them being brittle, but most of those reviews were old. Hoping to get some updated feedback on these. Thanks in advance.

2014 Elite E32 29.5" 72lbs - 2014 Elite E35 29.5" 71lbs - 2013 Elite Hunter 29.5" 61lbs
    Slick Trick Viper Tricks - Dead Center Archery Priducts - HHA Sights - QAD HDX

They are a brittle arrow in my opinion. I shoot hv 350 and xringer hv 350 arrows. I have never had a problem with one breaking while shooting, but if you miss and your arrow hits any kind of branch it will come apart. Great flying super fast and super light arrow though. Great for 3d, just flex them often.

I agree that they are brittle. However, there really isn't a much lighter arrow per spine available on the market (maybe HCA's Speed Pros?). I wouldn't hunt with them but for 3D they would be fantastic.

Have you tried any arrow configuration software like TAP or OT2 to help? TAP has already saved me some money with arrow selection... changing your draw weight slightly or even cutting your arrows an inch or two longer/shorter will drastically change their performance in flight. I do think OT2 is a better program though, my buddy has it and I will probably buy a license for it soon.
    2013 PSE BM3G black/camo south paw, 26.5/60, 380gr GT Velocity XTs @ 261 fps
    AAE vanes, Limb Driver rests, B-Stinger stabs, Axcel sights, Ramcat broadheads, Carter Just Cuz

Quote Originally Posted by JPR79 View Post
    I agree that they are brittle. However, there really isn't a much lighter arrow per spine available on the market (maybe HCA's Speed Pros?). I wouldn't hunt with them but for 3D they would be fantastic.

Have you tried any arrow configuration software like TAP or OT2 to help? TAP has already saved me some money with arrow selection... changing your draw weight slightly or even cutting your arrows an inch or two longer/shorter will drastically change their performance in flight. I do think OT2 is a better program though, my buddy has it and I will probably buy a license for it soon.
    Great idea. I am always bouncing around on what to use. I might do a trial and see how I like it. Would save me money in the long run.
    2014 Elite E32 29.5" 72lbs - 2014 Elite E35 29.5" 71lbs - 2013 Elite Hunter 29.5" 61lbs

I shot 3D and hunted with them for 2 years. Had a couple crack at the nock from solid hits but they took a lot of indirect slaps with no damage. Shot 2 bucks with them, one took a spine hit with a follow up thru a rib into the far shoulder. Both arrows were broken off after the hit at the entry point but did there job first. Second one went through a rib going in and out, found the fletch end broke off as he ran through some brush after the shot, never did find the remainder but again the arrow did it's job first. This year I went with GT velocity hunters and so far have cracked three from nock strikes. These light arrows are only going to take so much impact without damage but for deer sized game I'm not uncomfortable hunting with them.

I switched to x ringer Hv 350 from black eagle magnum 350 and I think they are definitely tougher than the black eagles both are great shooting arrows my x ringers took a beating in Cleveland and none broke but went through a few nocks no fat shaft made is going to not be a little brittle but if you keep them in the target most do fine

ive shot the hvv1 300 for 3 + years now and haven't had any problems but I check my arrows quite often . shoot them for 3d and hunting ( 330 to 340 fps ) and haven't had one break hunting yet and that's on a couple turkeys around 1/2 dozen deer and a bear all pass through

I shot the HV 400s for several years. Hv 400 fletched with feathers (higher foc) tipped with buzzcuts = pass through damn near every time.
    I just switched to the da torch though. Its a better shaft but I still hsve the HVs and wouldnt hesitate to blast one through any buck out there. Theyre great for guys that pull lighter poundage snd still want good speed. If you build em right and put the right broadhead on you will get PLENTY of penetration. How far in the ground do you want it to stick?
    Magnus Broadheads Pro Staff
    Carbofast Stabilizers Pro Staff

i shoot HV's out of my target bow. they flu great, full length with 150 gr. up front at about 45lbs. as said....they are bit brittle, I've lost a few hitting people's stinkin' screw in tips in the bales. using them for 3d is asking for allot of wrecked arrows, in my opinion.

I have shot the V-Force HVs and my brother and son-in-law still do. I don't want too light an arrow for hunting so I used weight tubes until I replaced them with regular HVs. They are a bit brittle but only if they are hit by another arrow, hit an unintended target or are shot at game. Otherwise they are a nice arrow if you're after speed and flat trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhor View Post
    They are a brittle arrow in my opinion. I shoot hv 350 and xringer hv 350 arrows. I have never had a problem with one breaking while shooting, but if you miss and your arrow hits any kind of branch it will come apart. Great flying super fast and super light arrow though. Great for 3d, just flex them often.
    I broke two XRinger HV arrows in 3D targets on the same day a few winters ago. I tossed them all.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

I have shot the HV1 350s for the 2 years now in 3d with zero problems. They are a little on the brittle side but the price was great. they were free.
    2012 PSE evo7.
    2012 pse Revenge.
    2013 Elite Pulse.

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I have 3 HV350s that I got to try out a few years. They shot amazing out of my Hunter last year, but I bought 2 dozen VAPs so I didn't use them.

An arrow that light and that diameter has to be thin walled, that equals fragile. I have shot them some, and will in the future as that is what my new E-35 likes.

i shot the victory hv 1's for about a year, and i think they break on just about anything the arrow looks at... they fly fantastic, but i wont be buying them again... i switched to Black eagle carnivores, and these baby fly like a dream.. these are going to be what i am shooting for a long time i think..
    2012 Bear Carnage 60# left handed
    60x Custom Strings
    25.5" Black Eagle Carnivores 314gr
    100gr Grim Reaper Whitetail Special Broadheads

I shot them a few years ago and they simply broke when rattled to much especially around the nock, get some gold tip ultralights or velocities and you can still build a arrow relatively light but very tough and accurate.
    Socket Man

Shoot HV 350 for outdoor 3d. Never had a problem
    Obsession Phoenix Stormy Org / red cams 65lb @ 30.5" dl
    Obsession Addiction black / stormy autumn /orange cams 60lb @ 30.5" dl
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS STAFF SHOOTER
    SWORD SIGHTS STAFF SHOOTER
    BOW DOC ARCHERY & CUSTOM STRINGS - STAFF SHOOTER

Been shooting HV's for about 3 years and can't say a bad thing about them. Shoot the regular VForce for deer, but the HV's are my turkey arrows. Never had a crack or problem when passed through, or on a miss.
    A bunch of Martin/ Rytera and Strother bows
    Bowstringdepot threads on everything
    Protect the heritage and sport, not the brand.