Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuge Joins Mathews

Its a great move by Mathews for sure.

Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

Quote Originally Posted by Bone8Collector View Post
    What is with all the arrogant comments about mathews, they started out just like everyone else and made it to the top with hard work, why would anyone be against that, they are a great Christian based company with good values and excellent customer service. Who else has an entire line up of bows (mission) which all proceeds are donated to missionaries along with their lost camo apparel, they do a lot of good in the archery community and constantly get bashed for apparently advertising to much, or everyone loves them, or my bows better, seriously grow up, and for your information Ted isn't shooting a bear because this will be their first year with their bows being produced in china. Have a great day
    this

He's a rocker that happens to shoot a bow. Not necessarily an outstanding archer. He came to Vegas one year and gave a very nice speech. Then played a few songs. One was the one about Fred Bear. Guy can sing and really play the guitar! I've never followed him but I came away impressed. Note : he came to speak and perform- not shoot. I choose my bows by how they shoot in my hands. Don't care about endorsements. Have had Martin, Mathews and currently Hoyt. I don't even know most of guys that are mentioned here. I am, though, interested in equipment top pros use. My thought is they use what works best as their livihoods depend on their performance. If a preponderance of top pros use similar equipment there must be a reason.
    When all is Said and Done,
    More is Said than Done

Park-N-Sons Precision Bow Strings

Do I think it will help Mathews sell bows though? No, I think Mathews bows have come to a point where they sell themselves just like Hoyt and PSE. There are alot of Ted fans, but how many Ted fans shoot Martin bows? Not many, but it is always good to have big names involved with your company for sure.
    Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

I don't understand why people seem upset about this and call him a sellout. He hunts to pay the bills and I'm sure Mathews is paying him a healthy bit. It's like getting mad at a guy for taking a higher paying job

Some of you supposed men belong on "Desperate Housewives". Who gives a crap what he shoots and why knock an American company for keeping Americans employed. Some of you just love to hate someone that makes not one ounce of difference in your day. He is fighting for some of us against these liberal communists who are openly at war against our culture and some of you are trying to kick his back in. Let the laws that he's subject to condemn him and stop being so quick judge a man.

Congrats Mathews Inc. for keeping US citizens employed and continuing to invest in our lifestyle.
    There will be haters, doubters, unbelievers and then there will be you proving them wrong

I wouldn't go to war with him. He won't be there.

HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    HOYT Faktor 34 (Z5) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 305 FPS
    HOYT Carbon Matrix (RKT) 72lbs. & 29½", 374 grains @ 308 FPS
    HOYT Katera XL (Z3) 64lbs. & 30", 374 grains @ 295 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by mtn3531 View Post
    Well, another corporate sell-out. I'm sure the money was right lol
    how was it a coorporate sell out. martin is going under. martin has lost pretty much all its pro shooters and models. some after not paying them. what did you expect him to do. hes gonna do whats best for him. ill admit matthews bow are to expensive, and thats a fact, but there is nothing wrong with their products, they make great bows. im a former martin shooter, used to love them. but unfortunately, im going seperate ways....they are done

Quote Originally Posted by Pittstate23 View Post
    I don't understand why people seem upset about this and call him a sellout. He hunts to pay the bills and I'm sure Mathews is paying him a healthy bit. It's like getting mad at a guy for taking a higher paying job
    It's called jeolousy.

Quote Originally Posted by thare1774 View Post
    Do I think it will help Mathews sell bows though? No, I think Mathews bows have come to a point where they sell themselves just like Hoyt and PSE. There are alot of Ted fans, but how many Ted fans shoot Martin bows? Not many, but it is always good to have big names involved with your company for sure.
    i was a ted fan that shot martin, but i no longer shoot them after getting **** on by them.

wonder the marketshare matthews has on bows.

No need to hate him, its just a job, its not like Mathews sells bad bows, theyre great.

I still like the Nuge but mathews come on,is your age messing around with you man.

what would you expect him to shoot. he used to shoot oneida as well you know

I'm so glad he's not shooting Bowtech.
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech Allegiance Black Marble

Thats was a special bow we made for Trophy Taggers.

Ted was just in bear camp with the Athens crew.

The bear on Mathews page was just killed.. Tippmannoutfitters.com

Quote Originally Posted by BowHuntnKY View Post

rodney i just turned on outdoor channel and uncle old ted is shooting an ATHENS lol....

Quote Originally Posted by jjtrain44 View Post
    I don't personally shoot a Mathews but all i can say is well done Mathews Ted has a huge following and Mathews already sells a ton of bows now i'm sure with Ted's supporters they will sell more. Can't hate on Mathews for being buisness smart, or Ted for gettin paid. I would highly doubt very many on this site would walk away from Mathews if they came callin with money in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsteel View Post
    I would! I shoot Prime bows because they shoot the best for me and i drive a Honda because i like it better then the Ford i had before it. I could care less what celeb endorses whatever product. I don't think Ted is a great role model with the poaching violations he's been charged with but to each his own! http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2011/...gent-poaching/
    not to start a pissing match but your telling me if Ford came to you and said we will set you up in a brand new car/truck every year and sponsor your own hunting show. OR You can buy and make payments on a honda you would drive the Honda this seems a bit foolish to me. Same as a bow company doing it.
    ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ....

What a bunch of know it all you guys are huh?

Personally not one of us knows Ted Nugent. So none of us should have one negative comment about his integrity. I will tell you that much. There's things I don't agree with that he has said publicly. I don't know enough about the charges he has been served with. To comment positive or negative about. Neither do any of you. Or do you like when folks speculate and talk trash about you as well?

The man, at the end of the day, is a business man. Plain and simple, nothing more to be said. This site is full of judgemental bigots! Would you turn down the multi MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT????

Go soak your heads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splitshafts View Post
    What a bunch of know it all you guys are huh?

Personally not one of us knows Ted Nugent. So none of us should have one negative comment about his integrity. I will tell you that much. There's things I don't agree with that he has said publicly. I don't know enough about the charges he has been served with. To comment positive or negative about. Neither do any of you. Or do you like when folks speculate and talk trash about you as well?

The man, at the end of the day, is a business man. Plain and simple, nothing more to be said. This site is full of judgemental bigots! Would you turn down the multi MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT????

Go soak your heads!!!
    I think a few hear do know Him personally.

Besides is Mathews gonna sponsor him from the grave or in jail?

His own words, not mine

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

2013 Mathews Creed 60/27
    2014 Mathews Chill Blue Ice 60/27
    2013 Obsession Addiction

If you're not making Dust, you're eating it!

Geeez AT...ARCHERY TALK....nope....ABOUT TED!
    These threads all sound like a bunch of high school girls!
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

Bump, for some more crying!!!
    2013 Mathews Creed 60/27
    2014 Mathews Chill Blue Ice 60/27
    2013 Obsession Addiction

If you're not making Dust, you're eating it!

Im just surprised he stayed with Martin for as long as he did

Who cares what bow that guy shoots?...But,Can you blame the man?C'mon..It's a Mathews..they're the Best...Grizz
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"
    "I always thought of this as God's country."

-Jack Granatstein

Best of luck to the both of them.

Sent from my Pro 22 at 300fps

>>>===> Twisted Tribe Bowstrings & Tuning <===<<<
    >>>===> Spot Hogg Archery Products <===<<<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast