Archery Talk Forum banner

Nuge Joins Mathews

5K views 64 replies 50 participants last post by  shaneberkness22 
#1 ·
#34 ·
how was it a coorporate sell out. martin is going under. martin has lost pretty much all its pro shooters and models. some after not paying them. what did you expect him to do. hes gonna do whats best for him. ill admit matthews bow are to expensive, and thats a fact, but there is nothing wrong with their products, they make great bows. im a former martin shooter, used to love them. but unfortunately, im going seperate ways....they are done

#5 ·
I find this very interesting....

I kind of think Matt and Ted are just about opposites....

#7 ·
Catch Us If You Can!! LMAO!! It's all about the advertising and money!!

Really surprised that NUGENT doesn't shoot BEAR bows, because he was a close friend of Fred Bear!!

#13 ·
I don't personally shoot a Mathews but all i can say is well done Mathews Ted has a huge following and Mathews already sells a ton of bows now i'm sure with Ted's supporters they will sell more. Can't hate on Mathews for being buisness smart, or Ted for gettin paid. I would highly doubt very many on this site would walk away from Mathews if they came callin with money in hand.

#24 ·
What is with all the arrogant comments about mathews, they started out just like everyone else and made it to the top with hard work, why would anyone be against that, they are a great Christian based company with good values and excellent customer service. Who else has an entire line up of bows (mission) which all proceeds are donated to missionaries along with their lost camo apparel, they do a lot of good in the archery community and constantly get bashed for apparently advertising to much, or everyone loves them, or my bows better, seriously grow up, and for your information Ted isn't shooting a bear because this will be their first year with their bows being produced in china. Have a great day

#28 ·
He's a rocker that happens to shoot a bow. Not necessarily an outstanding archer. He came to Vegas one year and gave a very nice speech. Then played a few songs. One was the one about Fred Bear. Guy can sing and really play the guitar! I've never followed him but I came away impressed. Note : he came to speak and perform- not shoot. I choose my bows by how they shoot in my hands. Don't care about endorsements. Have had Martin, Mathews and currently Hoyt. I don't even know most of guys that are mentioned here. I am, though, interested in equipment top pros use. My thought is they use what works best as their livihoods depend on their performance. If a preponderance of top pros use similar equipment there must be a reason.

#29 ·
Do I think it will help Mathews sell bows though? No, I think Mathews bows have come to a point where they sell themselves just like Hoyt and PSE. There are alot of Ted fans, but how many Ted fans shoot Martin bows? Not many, but it is always good to have big names involved with your company for sure.

#30 ·
I don't understand why people seem upset about this and call him a sellout. He hunts to pay the bills and I'm sure Mathews is paying him a healthy bit. It's like getting mad at a guy for taking a higher paying job

#31 ·
Some of you supposed men belong on "Desperate Housewives". Who gives a crap what he shoots and why knock an American company for keeping Americans employed. Some of you just love to hate someone that makes not one ounce of difference in your day. He is fighting for some of us against these liberal communists who are openly at war against our culture and some of you are trying to kick his back in. Let the laws that he's subject to condemn him and stop being so quick judge a man.

Congrats Mathews Inc. for keeping US citizens employed and continuing to invest in our lifestyle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.