Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: the new bowtech carbon knight is here

I hope I get a chance to shoot one soon.

Its carbon tech. Just like Hoyt's , at 500$ cheaper if you like the element you'll like this !

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.C View Post
    Because whats commonly known as carbon fiber is actually CFRP

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-...forced_polymer

"Carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer, carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic or carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRP, CRP, CFRTP or often simply carbon fiber)"
    I don't need to read it to tell you that they would use epoxy in this mat and no way would it be plastic but whatever you say. Still makes no sense to me.
    Shoot what makes you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by nontypical View Post
    I don't need to read it to tell you that they would use epoxy in this mat and no way would it be plastic but whatever you say. Still makes no sense to me.
    Fair enough, but perhaps other people are misinformed.

Going of speculation alone....I'm going to go out on a limb and say its not even in the same ball park as the Hoyt carbon bows. I would like to shoot it and make my own decision and I look forward to see where this will take bowtech for their 2014 flagships...
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.C View Post
    Because whats commonly known as carbon fiber is actually CFRP

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-...forced_polymer

"Carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer, carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic or carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRP, CRP, CFRTP or often simply carbon fiber)"
    did you notice the word MATRIX in the article it's the same type of tech. That Hoyt uses in the element and matrix ! At 500$ less !

Might just want to read up on what plastic actually is and how many varieties are. You are aware that just about every epoxy resin is plastic.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

Quote Originally Posted by Doebuster View Post
    did you notice the word MATRIX in the article it's the same type of tech. That Hoyt uses in the element and matrix ! At 500$ less !
    Nope Hoyt is using tubes. Completely different
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Level 3 community coach

Bowtech has one of the best cam systems out there for fine tuning to perfection with the overdrive binarys. Why they chose to use this system on this bow is beyond me.
    AT Sponsor www.lum-tec.com Coupon code: Archerytalk111
    Eliminate the fixed roller guard on Carbon Matrix and Carbon Spyder. Click HERE. Aluminum Hoyts click HERE
    NEW: TPU Speed nock system. Available HERE. *** Brownell bowstring products distributor *** Email wis913@yahoo.com for a full price list.

Is it me or does it look like the cam has a limb rather than a string stop for draw stop? I'm liking this design so far. New, more modern material, is where companies have to move to improve; I hope this material, if capable, moves over to the center pivot design of their line.
    Bowtech RPM 360
    Bowtech Carbon Knight
    Bowtech The General

Quote Originally Posted by Giger View Post
    Is it me or does it look like the cam has a limb rather than a string stop for draw stop? I'm liking this design so far. New, more modern material, is where companies have to move to improve; I hope this material, if capable, moves over to the center pivot design of their line.
    Yeah its a limb stop. I am trying to figure out what those red things are where the limb splits to the cam.

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    Might just want to read up on what plastic actually is and how many varieties are. You are aware that just about every epoxy resin is plastic.
    Yeah, that's what I need to do. A degree in Chemical Engineering and I need to read up on epichlorhydran and bisphenol A reactions. Thanks for the tip.
    Shoot what makes you smile.

Yeah, that's what I need to do. A degree in Chemical Engineering and I need to read up on epichlorhydran and bisphenol A reactions. Thanks for the tip.
    Dude, that guy is one of the biggest trolls and "know-it-all" A-holes on this site...ignore him.
    HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    HOYT Faktor 34 (Z5) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 302 FPS
    HOYT Carbon Matrix (RKT) 72lbs. & 29½", 374 grains @ 308 FPS
    HOYT Katera XL (Z3) 64lbs. & 30", 374 grains @ 295 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by bbentley392t View Post
    Dude, that guy is one of the biggest trolls and "know-it-all" A-holes on this site...ignore him.
    Why can't you handle the honest truth. I'm not the one that said no way it would be plastic. Yet that is exactly what it is.
    Level 3 community coach

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    Why can't you handle the honest truth. I'm not the one that said no way it would be plastic. Yet that is exactly what it is.
    You know as well as I do, that reference has nothing to do with plastic & carbon...or this thread for that matter.
    HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    HOYT Faktor 34 (Z5) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 302 FPS
    HOYT Carbon Matrix (RKT) 72lbs. & 29½", 374 grains @ 308 FPS
    HOYT Katera XL (Z3) 64lbs. & 30", 374 grains @ 295 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

I think bowtech went down hill when a gun company bought them . I think in 08-09. they only offer one good (great) bow in their line up.
    as far carbon i'll stick the the true guys (hoyt) when i'm ready to buy a true carbon bow.
    elite e-35 in ap snow 62# @ 29.5 dl
    tt prong horn - rest
    spott hogg - hogg it sight
    Stan shoot off release
    a/c/c arrows

No overdrive...no likey
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM and Carbon Spyder 30

looks like they stole:
    hoyt string stop
    Mathews riser

how come no company can come up with they own orng. design?
    elite e-35 in ap snow 62# @ 29.5 dl
    tt prong horn - rest
    spott hogg - hogg it sight
    Stan shoot off release
    a/c/c arrows

2014 should be interesting as i c this as a mid level carbon. O i bet they will sell a ton of them.

not for me ,but i hope the other companies follow with some mid range prices on the carbon bows
    ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ....

Quote Originally Posted by kgtech View Post
    looks like they stole:
    hoyt string stop
    Mathews riser

how come no company can come up with they own orng. design?

The riser looks a lot closer to a Destroyer 340 riser than it does a Mathews. The string stop is very similar to the one they put on the Experience. Are you just pulling this stuff out of nowhere or what?

Destroyer 340
    destroyer340.jpg

If they made a 3.2lbs carbon ds350 They would sell more than they could ever make.Flagship carbon OD bow at ata?
    Evolution☆Stormy hardwoods☆27", 58.4lbs ,holding 9.8lbs,334gr at 293fps loaded string Breathn!

when they make a carbon experience, i will consider selling my CPXL

I guess flex guards, Center pivot , and OD cams (not gona call 'em binaries) aint all they were cooked up to be.
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mahly View Post
    I guess flex guards, Center pivot , and OD cams (not gona call 'em binaries) aint all they were cooked up to be.
    Its a mid level bow, you don't put top of the line options on a mid level bow.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast