Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews creed bows exploding

Mathews creed bows exploding

Just getting the word out to all you devoted hunters that I am dealing with a ball of **** with MATHEWS. I bought the creed new, it blew up in my face after approx. 30 shots. I then was given another Creed and it blew up in my face the first pull!!!!! This time the string just missed my face and welted my chest. I immediately went down to the Pro Shop and they put on a new string to the bow (#2) and asked me to pull it back... It blew up in the Pro Shop Owners face. I am now WITHOUT a BOW because Mathews wont answer return my calls. My attorney will be writting them a letter maybe then they will want to respond. Do not buy that Creed I can assure you it will be recalled soon. Other owners have experienced the same "Blow Up" with this bow and commented on Mathews Forums but I see as of today it was deleted over the weekend. After 12 Mathews bows you would think they would take care of me a little. This big welt on my chest is just dandy also!!! What a piece of garbage bow.

Hoyt

Just PMd a guy about a HOYT, mathews is seriously garbage.

When you say blow up what do you mean. Did the string derail or was there a structural failure Was the bow dry fired before you bought it? I watched a employee changing draw weight for a customer put the bow (a pse something) on the scale drew it down and as he was letting the bow down I believe he had he bow torqued enough to derail and dry fire the bow.My Uncle said well nice dry fire there shop owner said that wasn't a dry fire, I don't know what you call it. So that owner got a freshly dry fired bow
    2014 Bowtech RPM360
    React 5 pin
    Trophy taker XFC rest
    Gold Tip/ Rage Hypo

It's not a Passion or an Obsession...... It's a Pain in my wife's ass !!

The string is coming off the roller and exploding (un raveling ) in the shooters face. I am target shooting with arrows not dryfiring. It is a serious defect and dangerous as hell. It happened with two NEW BOWS . Out of the BOX.

1973 Bear Grizzly 58" 50#@28" Easton 2016 XX75 29" 165gr Simmons Landshark

Quote Originally Posted by ryanj021 View Post
    The string is coming off the roller and exploding (un raveling ) in the shooters face. I am target shooting with arrows not dryfiring. It is a serious defect and dangerous as hell. It happened with two NEW BOWS . Out of the BOX.
    I never meant to imply that you were the cause I was wondering if the cams may have been bent from a dry fire before you ever came in contact with it.
    2014 Bowtech RPM360
    React 5 pin
    Trophy taker XFC rest
    Gold Tip/ Rage Hypo

Got any pics ?

hoyt.

Katera XL
    Elite Pure/Ascent target/B stinger/Bodoodle/GoldTip

Not the right section but this thread is gonna take a big detour soon.........

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Nah bows are at the shop now. Just 2 creeds with strings hanging off of them. I have pics of my bruises but its probly not necessary to post pictures of my chest on here. Take care.

need pics.....i wouldnt say that mathews is garbage..maybe just a run of bad ones???? maybe crappy string/cables????
    PSE GX6. HHA OL-5510,WB Sure Shot Pro rest,Easton FMJ 400,Grim Reaper broadheads,scott mongoose NCS release - Huntin' Rig
    PSE Bow Madness XL, HHA OL-5510,pse qad rest, CT cheetah 3D 400 arrows, scott mongoose NCS release - 3D Rig
    -JBK Bowstrings-

Two brand new bows in a row, I would say thats more than a fluke. Ive owned a dozen mathews never had a problem but this one is dangerous.

I believe Mathews sent out a fix to the dealers by putting a spacer under the limbs at the pockets.
    2014 Bowtech RPM360
    React 5 pin
    Trophy taker XFC rest
    Gold Tip/ Rage Hypo

Mathews wont respond. They will be sued as soon as someone is hurt more severely. I have contacted their State regarding the safety of the bow. And this happened in front of the pro shop tech so thers no question of my reliability. Its not a good feeling having a bow explode on you three times in a row. Major flaw.

Had a buddy just have his blow up on him when shooting was only a week old (looks more like a derailment) either way it wasnt his fault at all....had arrow nocked and all ....derailed/came off as he was drawing back.... I'll get pics he posted them on facebook..
    Last edited by BowHuntnKY; July 8th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Hoyt/Athens

Everyone with young kids Im telling you dont shoot that CREED anywhere near kids - when the string comed off and parts go flying you dont want to be around, let alone my daughter was standing right next to me.

In before the close.

Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Won't your attorney want pics of the bows?

Interesting.

Now I'm just gonna throw this out because it popped in my head, not doubting you at all.....but considering that I have put 200 shots through mine, two buddies have been shooting theirs for awhile now, the local shop demo bow has been shot at least a 1000 times since he first got it in, and he's sold at least 30 of them and to my knowledge has had no issues other than the original limb pocket shim deal, ARE YOU SURE your dealer is not setting them up incorrectly and causing the issue?

Not doubting you, just seems odd you had 3 bows come apart on you in a row.

Now where did I set my popcorn??????
    Mathews C4 (3D)
    Mathews Chill w/rock mods! (hunting)
    GoldTip Staff
    TRU Ball Staff

Folks I dont know what kind of pics you want, it is the bow with the string hanging off of it. Taking pics was the least of my worries. Even better than pics I had the bow explode right in front of the Bow Tech. When I get back down to the shop next I will snap a picture of those garbage bows.

Quote Originally Posted by rattlinman View Post
    Now I'm just gonna throw this out because it popped in my head, not doubting you at all.....but considering that I have put 200 shots through mine, two buddies have been shooting theirs for awhile now, the local shop demo bow has been shot at least a 1000 times since he first got it in, and he's sold at least 30 of them and to my knowledge has had no issues other than the original limb pocket shim deal, ARE YOU SURE your dealer is not setting them up incorrectly and causing the issue?

Not doubting you, just seems odd you had 3 bows come apart on you in a row.

Now where did I set my popcorn??????
    Interesting concept
    GO CUSE!
    Want Some + Get Some = Beast Mode

You gotta post pics of the injuries. lol I have an album that I started some years back of all the injuries I've suffered.
    "A man has got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast