Thread: New Mathews Mission 320

New Mathews Mission 320

Wow! Watch out for these little crossbows. Review coming in Crossbow Magazine's fall issue.

Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

I'm thinking I may want one
    Mainstreet 405/330
    Hawke XB30 Compact
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

Yep very nice bow, I have the 360 and my only issue was the plastic fore grip other then that the both are very nice for a new bow on the market, not much Mathews/Mission can do to make them better.
    Excalibur Y25. Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout. Axiom SMF.
    TenPoint Turbo XLT. TenPoint Stealth SS.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.
    Free Men Need Not Ask To Bear Arms.

I was able to get the feel of one two weeks ago . Any issues with broad heads and length of bolts ? Looking forward to reviews . Would be nice if more arrow mfg would make bolts for mission crossbows .

All the more reason to learn how to fletch your own:-) BTW, the 360 arrows work perfectly in the 320. The broadhead is out just in front of the riser groove but still protected by the limb bolt bushings.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

If you were to Fletch your own bolt what would you use ? length ? weight ?

Wished mine would hurry up and get here....its been 4 days...I mean what are they doing up there in WI :-)
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

i ve had mine several months and i absolutly love it, i shot several before buying the mission, main reason i went with the mission... it was super quiet, very little jump at the shot, very light weight, and very narrow width, as far a accuracy goes the very first shot i fired was at 15yds it was a black bolt against a black target, couldnt tell where it hit so fired a 2nd shot 1st bolt exploded, thats accurate enough i,d say, even at 30 and 40yds i cant shoot at the same spots everytime or i,ll bust bolts, my verdict on the mxb is its a winner, o btw probly have close to 200 shots and theres no string or serving wear so thats another thumbs up for the mxb320 in my book

Quote Originally Posted by GhilleHunter View Post
    If you were to Fletch your own bolt what would you use ? length ? weight ?
    Mine will be here tomorrow but I'm already planning and shopping. I'm thinking 22" Black Eagle Executioners, 110 gr brass insert, 3" vanes (kind depends on how deep the barrel channel is, and Firenock containment nock (depending on string diameter, likely Q). That will get me a approximately 430 gr arrow with using a 100 gr 'head. S;lick trick mags, likely. Wanna drop some weight? Try the 92 gr inserts.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

Due to the way the trigger housing works, only the Firenock J has proven to work on the MXB 320. The Firenock D is what works on the MXB 360. All other nock like the capture nock, or similar with long prongs will not work on this bow. The Anti-dry fire is right behind the string to make no room for any longer prongs. Picture of Firenock J, D ,Q nock below for your reference.

Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Just found that out. Plus the opening in the Q's isn't large enough to fit the string. Thanks Dorge.
    Why do you breathe?!

Are you useing Mission arrows with the fire nocks?

I see no reason that you cannot use Firenocks in the Mission arrows, However I took the 72 gr. inserts out of mine and used them in some GT LAZER III's. These shoot real well in my 320. The BEE's also shoot good.

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    Are you useing Mission arrows with the fire nocks?
    I had some Q nocks on hand and tried them, found they wouldn't fit the string. Just ordered some BEEs and am thinking bout using the Js in that application. The Mission arrows (Victory, according to the stamp on them) are .30 ID.
    Why do you breathe?!