Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anarchy

15 55.56%
  • Empire

12 44.44%

Thread: Anarchy vs. Empire

Post Anarchy vs. Empire

I'm looking to buy a new bow for hunting. I would like a bow that has a smooth draw cycle, little vibration and quiet. I don't need the speed, but I will take it as long as it has the other characteristics. Also, I would like a solo cam bow so that I don't have to worry about the timing. I have narrowed my choices down to the Anarchy and the Empire. Based on what I am looking for, which one is better?

I own both of these bows right now,they are both great bows! I would have to say the empire is a touch smoother on the draw, both have good back wall, both really accuratebut give that edge to the anarchy, both have pretty good speeds also, both shooting pse carbon force 300 arrows at 68lbs. anarchy 286, empire is 284 fps! in my opinion the anarchy is still bears best all around bow to date!

I don't think you could go wrong with either. From shooting both bows, I would say that they are equal in the vibration, quietness, and speed departments. Although the Anarchy did consistently register 2-3fps faster than the Empire I tried. To me, that extra 2-3fps doesn't really matter much. As for the draw? This is where the Empire shines above the Anarchy IMO. Don't get me wrong, the Anarchy is one of the smoothest bows I've shot (and I've tried a lot of bthem). The draw on the Empire is like: pull, pull, pull, boom solid back wall. Whereas the Anarchy has a VERY slight hump before reaching the solid back wall. At the end though, the Anarchy gets my nod because of it's longer ATA and slightly longer brace height. Making it a more forgiving (thus more accurate) bow than the Empire.
    2012 Bear Anarchy, 65# @ 29", Spot Hogg Real Deal, TR Revolution rest, 8" B-Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme, GT Velocity XT 300

1970 Bear Super K

I haven't shot an Empire but was looking and drawing one back. Compared to my Anarchy I thought it was harsher on the draw cycle. I would like to have the chance to shoot one to do a full compare but my Anarchy is butter smooth on the draw, that I like.
    2012 Bear Anarchy 70lb
    2008 Bear Lights Out 70lb

based on your requirements you should go w/ the Empire. I haven't shot the Anarchy but am very happy w/ my Empire. Essentially it should be down to the ATA difference and which you feel more comfortable w/. I was shooting a 35+"ATA before but really like the compact feel of the 32" Empire.
    2008 PSE Nova SU 70# (sold)
    2013 Bear Empire 70#

Thanks guys for the great input!!! I'm still up in the air for which one to choose. It might come down to which one i can get for the lowest price.

I like the Anarchy better. The adjustable string stops on the Empire would be nice to have but I've never had a problem with my string stops. The Anarchy, to me, felt a little smoother. May just be longer the longer ATA and less sharp string angle but it feels a bit better to me. Also the longer ATA of the Anarchy allows for less cable torque from the fixed roller guard making for a little easier tune and more forgiveness.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Let me know if you decide on the Anarchy. I have a 70# black one that I'm not shooting now that I would sell.
    Bowtech Experience, Black Ops
    CarboFast Stabs
    Spot Hogg Sights
    Limbdriver Rests

I would say the Empire over the Anarchy and I used to own two Anacrhy's. The Empire is the sleeper bow I think this year. Its what the Mathews Creed should have been.

I have shot both the Anarchy and the Empire and to ME the Anarchy was a better fit. I am a very tall man and feel more comfortable with the longer AtA of the Anarchy.

I shoot both and it is hard to choose a favorite
    Bear Anarchy Green Machine
    PSE Supra Max
    PSE Full Throttle (392 gr @ 65# 29 dl =323fps)

Gibson Archery