Thread: Texas State ASA Championship

Texas State ASA Championship

Here's the flyer on the state championship. This is a MS Word document.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Tracey Brazos County Archery Club Bryan, Texas

The Twelve Ring Twins use & recommend Mathews bows, Alpen Optics, Doinker Stabilizers, TRU Ball releases, Axcel Sights, Hawg Lite, LP Archery Products, and Mossy Oak Camo.

ttt

The Twelve Ring Twins use & recommend Mathews bows, Alpen Optics, Doinker Stabilizers, TRU Ball releases, Axcel Sights, Hawg Lite, LP Archery Products, and Mossy Oak Camo.

See you there. It was a great shoot last year.
    All Star Archery - Lewisville, TX
    PSE Pro Staff Carter Enterprises
    Stone Mountain Bow Strings Sure-Loc
    Johnson Grips Bohning GoldTip
    www.archeryprostafftx.com www.ibatx.org

We promise to make the course a little shorter! Ok - a lot shorter!

Brazos always has a nice shoot. Look forward to heading up there.

The course last year wasnt that long. Just challenging and tricky with the target placements.
    Johnny Ingram

I think she means the walk distance. I loved the target placementa. It was a very challenging course.

Walking distance will be shorter. We will use a modified version of our regular club shoots. My only concern is trying to set up a practice range. We'll try to get one up that is representative of the course.

But, no matter what, like last year, if you shoot well here, you should shoot well at the Classic. The terrain and environment is almost identical.
    Last edited by Dusty Britches; June 6th, 2005 at 01:33 PM. Reason: additional info

Ttt

I've been getting lots of questions about RV's. I don't think I have the space at the club for additional RV's, but there are several RV parks fairly close.

Holiday RV Park
    1518 Harvey Mitchell Parkway
    College Station
    (979) 693-8777

Marino Road RV park
    549 Marino Rd
    Bryan, TX
    (979) 778-3767
    http://www.marinoroadrv.com/

Village 21 RV Park
    2405 Hwy 21 E.
    Bryan, TX
    (979) 778-2733

There's a link listing all RV parks:
    http://www.bryan-collegestation.org/...0Item0-5&id=62

Tracey, me and my son are looking forward to shooting with ya'll again. We had a great time last year.

Maybe someone can answer this for me...on the ASA website it lists all the qualifiers and shows 3 to be for state. Does this mean that you have to shoot a regular qualifier like Bryan and Buffalo had earlier this year as well as one of the 2 qualifiers coming up over the next 2 weeks?

-Brandon

You were supposed to shoot a qualifer to go to a regional, north or south.
    If you shoot at either regional you are eligible to shoot the state shoot at Bryan.
    If you want to talk to someone in person look on the ASA web site under federation and find contact info for Jimmy Mitchell.

So are the 2 shoots coming up in Canyon Lake and Cross Timbers considered regionals? If so I already shot 2 qualifiers this year both Bryan and Buffalo.

-Brandon

The ASA web site is confusing. Let me try to explain it the way I understand it.

Texas is a big, big state. So big, that L. D. Faulks and his folks thought it might be a good idea to split it into 2 regions - a north and a south. Good thing for us - it still can take up to 5 hours to make it to a qualifier.

So, since no other state has a region, the only way ASA can list our regionals is as if it were state shoots. But, we all know there's only 1 State Championship.

So, the next 2 weekends are Regionals and you must shoot in them to be eligible to shoot for the Championship.

Clear as mud?

So you would have had to shoot a Qualifier, then a regional, then invited to shoot at State?

Or be an ASA Life member...
    Johnny Ingram

Yes, Johnny. That is correct.

This year, any ASA member can shoot at the State, but only qualified shooters who made it to a regional may shoot for the title, prizes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Britches
    Yes, Johnny. That is correct.

This year, any ASA member can shoot at the State, but only qualified shooters who made it to a regional may shoot for the title, prizes, etc.
    When Jimmy Mitchell talked to me about this 2 years ago (TX did much the same thing in 2004) the intent was for N-TX and S-TX to each have their own State Championship shoot and those shoots would qualify anyone competing in either of them to attend the Combined TX Overall Championship and The ASA Classic. You didn't have to attent the Combined Overall TX Championships to attend the Classic.

This is the same thing, from what I understand. The N-TX and S-TX State Shoots are renamed to "Regional Shoots", like an NFAA Sectional, and the Combined Overall is renamed to State Championship.

Shooting in one of the Regionals still qualifies you to shoot in the ASA Classic and additionally qualifies the shooter to compete in the TX State Championship.

I think this will work out great and as long as everyone understands it the attendance should be good and it should help the Regionals draw more shooters.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

LD Falks

I talked to Jimmy last week because I was confused too he told me that you had to shoot a qualifer to shoot a regonal and you had to shoot both to qulify for state .

This was also confermed at canyon lake on sunday someone showed up to shoot but did not shoot a qualifer they told him he could shoot for fun but it wouldnot qualify him to shoot at state.

It's this weekend!

Lots of really kool raffle items! We are going to have a silent auction on some used targets, too.

Hey Dusty- whats the weather gonna be like? it's flooding down here in Houston, wondering if i need to bring my flood boots or not.....

also, I'm trying to find a map to get there.... i get lost easy.... do ya have a map to the range?

I'm starting a new thread on that very topic!

Brazos County always puts on a good shoot. Their terrain is similar to the classic. It should be a good warm-up for the Classic.
    Johnny Ingram