Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video review of the 2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight

Video review of the 2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight

With all of the excitement surrounding Bowtech's newest addition to its lineup, we decided to debut our video series with a review of the 2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight. As soon as we got the bow in Thursday we started filming. Here's a quick look at the bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu5-JY4JXCk

It's our first stab at making a video -- and with new equipment and software, to boot. We plan on fine-tuning our execution from here on out, posting at least one video a week. We plan to do product reviews and tech tips, among other things that might come up. If you have any suggestions for videos, let us know.

Let us know what you think. Thanks,

Randy
    LL Cote Sport Center - 1-800-287-7700
    Northern New Englands Largest Sporting Goods Retailer
    Dealer for Hoyt, Mathews, Mission, Parker, PSE, Bear,
    Elite, Quest, Prime, Bowtech, Diamond, Martin,
    Ten Point, Parker X-bows, Barnett, Stryker, and Excalibur

Im a mathews guy but man this bow has caught my eye!
    2013 Elite Hunter 30in draw 72#, HHA OL5500, QAD Ultra HDx, Victory Vap V1 .300
    Helix Broadheads

Good stuff. I am not interested in that bow but I am enjoying all the different reviews of it.
    - Mike - 2013 Bowtech Assassin 62#@28.5" - 2013 Bowtech Experience 70#@28.5"
    "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement,and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. " - Fred Bear

After shooting one at our shop I brought one home with me.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

All I got out of that video is that the Midland XTC 300 really sucks haha
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

I shot the new Carbon Knight yesterday. Man it made my Diamond Black Ice feel like a tank!

Good job.

Just keep your reviews honest and you should do fine.
    If you don't want to be honest for fear of offending some mfg. don't review that item.
    I would much rather hear the truth, than to be mislead by false statements.

Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckA84 View Post
    All I got out of that video is that the Midland XTC 300 really sucks haha
    The camera is actually really nice, but we did take it out of its element. It's awesome to mount to a stabilizer and take some footage.
    LL Cote Sport Center - 1-800-287-7700
    Northern New Englands Largest Sporting Goods Retailer
    Dealer for Hoyt, Mathews, Mission, Parker, PSE, Bear,
    Elite, Quest, Prime, Bowtech, Diamond, Martin,
    Ten Point, Parker X-bows, Barnett, Stryker, and Excalibur

ill be shooting it on sunday at our pro shop and if I like it I will be selling all my bows and getting it
    Hoyt Tiburon/gamemaster limbs 65#
    Hoyt Rampage
    English Longbow

Quote Originally Posted by NHBows View Post
    The camera is actually really nice, but we did take it out of its element. It's awesome to mount to a stabilizer and take some footage.
    Your video only goes up to 480p (non-hd)...I don't know if there is a setting you can change on it for higher quality.
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

You obviously have done some impressive video editing, because from some of the reviews on here it is supposed to sound like a high power rifle and so much recoil it races the arrow to the target. Just joking around, it is like any bow have to shoot it for yourself. The bow looks really sharp and sounds quiet to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nwmn View Post
    You obviously have done some impressive video editing, because from some of the reviews on here it is supposed to sound like a high power rifle and so much recoil it races the arrow to the target. Just joking around, it is like any bow have to shoot it for yourself. The bow looks really sharp and sounds quiet to me.
    Most of the reviews? I have read were based from the picture and quite a few were even before the bow was released. LOL
    Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN

There are like $50,000 in arrows...

[QUOTE=bukfever2;1067642779]Most of the reviews? I have read were based from the picture and quite a few were even before the bow was released. LOL
    Good Luck[/QUOTE

The same things were said when they announced the Experience and once a lot of people shot it they changed their minds. Plus remember there are a ton od Bowtech Haters on here that will bash any bow Bowtech comes out with.

check crackers bow pics thread for hi res pics

seems they really like it

I shot it yesterday....I'm not a fanboy of none of them...I currently shoot a spider 30,as well as have a experience and hunter this year.....I will say shoot this bow for yourself ...I might have to sell some and get it

vid cant be seen here.. EMI material in it, im guessing soundtrack or something ?

Nice little review and a great lookin bow!

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzz View Post
    check crackers bow pics thread for hi res pics

seems they really like it
    Originally Posted by Crackers
    BowTech Carbon Knight

I am still working on this and I'm very pleased so far. I took the bow to bike night at Worth Harley-Davidson in Kansas City and I was surprised how many people knew what it was when I walked through the store with it. Those that shot the bow were blown away and I believe have put this bow on their list. This bow will go to one of my friends and GM of the store when I'm finished and he has already destroyed the fletch and half the arrows I took down.

Currently 60/28.5 IBO arrow 331fps I forgot to weigh the Reds but they hit 302

Good to hear he likes it. That says something IMO

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wouldn't mind shooting one of these.

Im a hoyt guy but would also like to test drive it. I love the way that riser looks in pics.
    2011 hoyt crx 35
    2012 contender elite

I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm going to the factory store on Saturday, Jim Shockley will be there. Its nice to live close to Eugene.

nice man it sounds quiet ! all i here is arrow hitting>

I'm in the market for my first new bow as an big boy (I did a lot of shooting as a teenager 25 years ago). It's been a long time, but now that the kids have grown up, I will have some time to put into archery hunting again. I've been doing some internet shopping to figure out where to start. I saw the Carbon Knight everywhere I looked, so I put it on my list. I found a shop that had it as well as several other manufacturers (PSE, Elite, Hoyt). I lined up an appointment with the pro and off I went. I shot the Carbon Knight, Experience, and Hoyt Spyder side by side. I must admit, even though the technology for the compound bows has changed dramatically since I last shot (as has the technique), it didn't take long to get back into the swing of things. I shot all 3 bows without stabilizers to start with. The Carbon Knight blew me away with it's smooth, quiet, and vibration-free performance. I did enjoy shooting the other two bows as well, but again, the CK blew me away. Then I tried the bows with a stabilizer. Wow. Especially for a rookie like me, I was sold. Again, all 3 bows were leap years ahead of what I was shooting many moons ago (Bear Whitetail Hunter), but the CK, particularly for the price, was far and away the best. I have already decided that I will own one in the very near future. I don't know if this helps any of you or not, but reading these forums was a lot of help for me and I hope somebody can take something from it.

Rookie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast