Thread: Mamba M6 speed issue

Mamba M6 speed issue

My MAMBA M6 arrived on Tuesday. It was getting late and I was very curious as to what speed it would shoot a 500gr arrow. I threw a rest and d loop on it really quick (no peep) Grabbed one of my FMJs and shot it over the chrono 299! 298 299. I was impressed to say the least.

Next day paper tuned it, added a peep (3/16 g5), and went to shooting, sighted in for 30 and noticed that my serving above my Dloop was fraying slightly. Matched up perfectly with the roller guard, however I moved the string stop out about 3/16 to where it was just touching the string and it seemed to fix the slight issue.

Well time to make a sight tape ... so back to my chrono same arrow, same everything except an added peep sight...281-282-283-283 !!!! How in the world did a peep take 17-18fps?? I take the peep out and try again 283-284-284. Something was not adding up.

At rest the cables lined up with the marks on the cams but to check them at full draw I put it on my draw board to be sure the cams are timed. The bottom cam was very slow. Twisted up the cable and got them timed at full draw. Axle to axle was 32 1/4 and brace was 6 1/8. Quite pleased with myself back to the chrono.. 283 283 283.

Its 29/70 (actually 72.34)

Anyone else have this problem? How does a bow lose almost 20fps after 100 shots or so? After reading the limited information online the conclusion was the scorpion strings are problematic. Ordered a new set of Vapor Trails last night ($100 OUCH!) Looking forward to seeing if they get my speed back.
    FOB'n everything in sight
    GT500 29/78 Limbdriver, HHA 5519, Paradigm SOS, Paradigm CTA, TightSpot quiver...
    Victory Arrows, PROLINE Custom Strings! Grim Reaper Razortips leading the way
    Long Draw Outfitters Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Did the Scorpion strings get your speed back??
    Or did you find any other reason for the speed loss?

I ditched the Scorpion strings after about 30 shots as they were already starting to fray. Complete junk IMO. I put on some Vapor Trails, and yes, they are expensive, but worth every penny. It sucks buying a $1000 bow with junk strings that need to be replaced immediately, but that's the way it is.

My M7 was seeing 325 with my hunting setup (I think around 400gr.), but it was loud. I switched from a 29.5 to a 29" mod and took a full turn out of the limbs. I'm still at 306 and the bow is much quieter and isn't as "violent" at the shot.

On the two cam bow you can't go by timing marks.you have too make sure modules hitting at the exact same time.

And yes scorpion strings are no good as well as hoyt factory fuse and elite winners choice.shall I go on?

I've got about 1000 shots on mt Scorpion strings and peep is stable, no fraying, can't complain.
    Mark
    OK Archery DST 36, Davis Sight System and scope, CARBOFAST 28"/12" Black-X, Hamskea drop away blade, DCA Target w/pin nocks, T.R.U. Ball Absolute ST, Scott Longhorn Pro Brass, Stan Element
    Use code "Mark69" for 10% off at www.deercrossingarchery.com

Was wondering if you ever figured your speed issue out?? I am thinking of getting a M6 was gonna go hoyt but 1400$ is a lot and i could gain some speed with APA
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

I take that as a no??? Im really close to buying this bow but if its not gonna be close to ibo ill dump the money on the hoyt

I have not had the privilege of shooting the M6 yet(will have one in about 3 weeks) but I've seen the M7, Nano and M34 shot through a chronograph and they all ran right with IBO with factory strings. I haven't shot the new Hoyt carbons but shot a Spyder 34 a week or so ago and the APA's felt a lot better to me personally. I would recommend calling APA and asking about any speed issues they might have had or fixes for them if they've had any. From what I've seen and experienced it's pretty common to talk to the owner of APA (Nibel) when you call them.

I might still have Nibel send me one I want to shoot it side by side 1000$ is a lot to spend if I don't love the bow Im tired of buying a new bow every season no need I guess so the next one I buy I will shoot for a few seasons for sure thanks for the reply

I think they're awesome. I would also try to wheel and deal a little. Worst they can say is that they can't budge on the price. I'm planning on shooting a Mamba X7 for spots and 3D and going to be shooting an M6 or M7 for hunting. Good luck!

I might give nibel a call today my girl and I might go to the pro shop this weekend and shoot so Id like to have the APA to shoot next to the carbon spyder

Just set my M6 up 29" 70# using my Axion Pulse arrow rest shooting a Nextra arrow weighing 508gr 303.4fps on average wow fast smooth quiet awesome bow

Wow that is fast! 508 grain arrow going that fast! Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by bhowren View Post
    Wow that is fast! 508 grain arrow going that fast! Sweet!
    I thought there was something wrong with my chrono i shot it 5 times and it was consistant the fastest was 304 on average 303.4 im pretty amazed love the bow

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews4ever View Post
    Just set my M6 up 29" 70# using my Axion Pulse arrow rest shooting a Nextra arrow weighing 508gr 303.4fps on average wow fast smooth quiet awesome bow
    Calculator says 373 IBO rating with that setup. You have the fastest bow made! Congrats!
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2092357

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    My only goal for this years contest . Don't get beat by a bunch of quiver sniffers

I have shot it through both of my chrony brand chronos and same results if I use my radar chronic that goes on the bow it reads 323 I actually have been averaging 315 with that arrow now I am right on specs 72# I recently put a whisker biscuit on it and lost 0 fps I did 5 shots with my axion and 5 with biscuit all the same fastest 316 and slowest 313 bow is awesome can't wait to shoot some deer for the freezer

Mathews4ever. You said 29 in draw is that measured draw or is it like most 1/2 long. I'm looking at the mamba5. But my mr5 is doing 261 ft at 67 lb at a measured draw 26.5. 26 mod With a 508 gn arrow

I will measure it on my board tonight it feels good though I usually shoot 29"

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews4ever View Post
    I will measure it on my board tonight it feels good though I usually shoot 29"
    Thanks.

Just put it on the board from front of riser to knock 29.1/4"