Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Dander vs Evercalm

Deer Dander vs Evercalm

Deer Dander vs Evercalm....which one do you prefer?

Might have a hard time finding deer dander. I still have a bottle left. Never had luck with it...

Never used evercalm but interested in responses....

Deer Dander comes in a crappy spray bottle that leaks all over your fingers and gear. Evercalm comes in a neat stick that makes no mess. Nuff said.

Have used both and they both work great. The evercalm is easier to use and no where near as messy.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

To me they smell a lot alike. I like that evercalm is less messy, but I like being able to spray the deer dander all over the place including into the wind. I guess each has it's place.
    Switchback LD
    32/70

Country boy can Survive

I spray deer dander on my boots, but have to walk PAST my stand or the deer come right up to my ladder. I've gone back to a drag rope, works just as well.
    Mathews HeliM 29/70, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Apex Gear .19/.10, Red/White Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyHunter13 View Post
    I spray deer dander on my boots, but have to walk PAST my stand or the deer come right up to my ladder. I've gone back to a drag rope, works just as well.
    Deer follow it like an attractant? I thought these were "cover scent" type things. Wrong about that?
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT
    PSE Supra with UF cams
    Prime Centroid LR
    -Have also owned: Bowtech, PSE, Bear, Jennings, and and old bow I can't remember the maker anymore (not a brand snob)

Evercalm works great. Do yourself a favor and try Nose Jammer!! I had amazing results last year and I was skeptical at first.

I did as well, but I had probably 5-7 instances of deer putting their nose on a line, and I mean line, along the path I walked. They zigged when I zigged, it was amazing, and repeated. Mostly does, and a few young bucks, but that's all I had seen in that spot mostly anyhow. It was an oak stand edge along a cow pasture, they'd walk the edge out into the hay fields. I would run a line perpindicular to the edge the walked along, they'd stop and take a hard left along the line right past broadside at 18 yards. Unreal. Couldn't make it up. Don't care if you believe me and don't know if all deer are like that or just that whacky bunch.
    Mathews HeliM 29/70, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Apex Gear .19/.10, Red/White Accessories

I like both products but that leaky bottle sure stinks up my backpack. I started keeping it in a ziplock bag but it still gets all over you.
    Bucks and Beards Scents …. on Facebook

I used evercalm on my boots last year and would put it on a couple trees near my stand I had does follow it in an smell all around my ladder never spooked just sniffing around i was really impressed with it and no mess
    Mathews chill 74# 28.5"
    Carbon express reds
    G5 montec

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyHunter13 View Post
    I did as well, but I had probably 5-7 instances of deer putting their nose on a line, and I mean line, along the path I walked. They zigged when I zigged, it was amazing, and repeated. Mostly does, and a few young bucks, but that's all I had seen in that spot mostly anyhow. It was an oak stand edge along a cow pasture, they'd walk the edge out into the hay fields. I would run a line perpindicular to the edge the walked along, they'd stop and take a hard left along the line right past broadside at 18 yards. Unreal. Couldn't make it up. Don't care if you believe me and don't know if all deer are like that or just that whacky bunch.
    Cool. I've only even had a scent product seem to work once in all the years I tried things off and on, and that was a mature buck right at the start of rut.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT
    PSE Supra with UF cams
    Prime Centroid LR
    -Have also owned: Bowtech, PSE, Bear, Jennings, and and old bow I can't remember the maker anymore (not a brand snob)

i have had some great luck with deer dander
    Xpedition Xterra,.Stage 1 Strings
    QAD rest,Spot Hogg sight,Dead Center archery stab. Kwikee 3quiver
    QAD Exodus and spitfire broadheads,gold tip xt 5575, predator camo,scent loc ,lone wolf climber

I tried Evercalm last year, worked OK on the deer but I found it to be a hog magnet, they were licking it off the tree and rubbing on it.

I like deer dander. I keep it a zip lock bag and get new ever year

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

used them both , each with great results .. will be using EverCalm again this year ...
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

I tried both and still wont hit the woods with out deer dander best stuff out there.

evercalm is the only scent that i have gotten positive results with.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

Not trying to hijack but anyone ever compare Trophy Blend scents with these two?

Anyone use any of the other scents from in the line that ever calm is in?
    13' Elite Hunter 70lb 29"
    QAD HDX, HHA XL5519, Stokerized SS1/Hunter, G5 Mag-Loc,
    Easton Axis ST, G5 T3, Rage Xtreme, Muzzy & Lumenocks.

I've used deer dander.Keep it in a ziplock,Seems to work well.I even started spraying my decoys with it when I set them up.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

How about trophy blend herd? Anyone use that?

The best hands down is deer dander ! The bottle sucks but I have had great results with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hep View Post
    I've used deer dander.Keep it in a ziplock,Seems to work well.I even started spraying my decoys with it when I set them up.
    Yeah, but then when you take it out and spray it, you get that funk all over your finger and it sticks to you!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailFevah View Post
    Anyone use any of the other scents from in the line that ever calm is in?
    Used the rutting buck and the vs1 in many states over the last few years with great results as well.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast