BOW SAFE: Archers Notice Don't Forget Your Protective Gear

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here we can talk about safety. Be reminded to be safe and help others be safe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow safe archerys notice backup.jpg 
Views:	809 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	1711662
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large bow safe archerys notice.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	1711657  
    On the Shooting Edge - Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Archery & Bowhunting Injury & Safety Stats.

Name:	Safety Stats pg 1.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	1711695

Name:	Safety Stats pg 2.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1711696

Name:	Safety Stats pg 3.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	1711697

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Too bad these things won't stop a broken arrow....

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have one of these ProTX gloves, and while it is extremely comfortable to wear, I have my doubts that it will actually stop a carbon arrow from harpooning my hand with a million pointy shards. But I flex my arrows after every shot and I wear my glove. What more can I do?

Only 6% chance? Thats like getting run over buy a bus and dump truck at the same time, going to get your mail.

well its techincally 6/100 people. If you think that you wont be part of the 6 you're probably fine.

Yea, OSHA is invading my hobbies as well! If someone is so worried about getting hurt shooting their bow then maybe they need to go back and reclaim their seat on the couch. Next thing that someone will start pushing is a face shield because "what if your arrow shatters and some carbon comes back at you!" No thanks. No face shield, no steel toe boots, and no glove. If you really think that a Kevlar glove is going to protect you hand then you need you head examined. You might not be able to shoot through a bullet proof vest but you can sure stab through it!

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by curt514 View Post
    Yea, OSHA is invading my hobbies as well! If someone is so worried about getting hurt shooting their bow then maybe they need to go back and reclaim their seat on the couch. Next thing that someone will start pushing is a face shield because "what if your arrow shatters and some carbon comes back at you!" No thanks. No face shield, no steel toe boots, and no glove. If you really think that a Kevlar glove is going to protect you hand then you need you head examined. You might not be able to shoot through a bullet proof vest but you can sure stab through it!

Rant over
    Try putting a knife through my kevlar plates. You should do a little more analysis into what this is actually protecting.

If a glove was made of Kevlar plates then it wouldn't really flex and move like a glove then would it? If you want to spend your money on it then go ahead but trying to bluff everyone into buying one is just marketing BS. Why not just go the the resonance festival and buy a glove from a suit of armor. At least then you would look like a shinny dork.

actually its renaissance and shiney, but hey you know, you know everythign dont you?

I was talking about the fact that this glove isn't trying to protect you from the broadhead metal, its the broken carbon fiber shafts. And no im not endorsing their product, just saying that it's probably not protecting you from what you KNOW it is. But go ahead and live in ignorant bliss.

I've been shooting carbon arrows for something over 13 years at the tune of 15,000 shots and more per year and have yet to have a carbon arrow bust, break, shatter or whatever else at the shot. I can't truthfully say I check each arrow after each shot, but do check those that hit something solid or that slap together in the target.

Feel better with a glove, use one.

Kelvar and other "bullet proof" material come in graded affairs. That which will stop a .45 may not stop a .22 and vice versa. Those of insert plates are to desperse the power of the hit, like keep the chest from being broken. Skid hits on bullet proof vests/jackets are not pleasant - can burn like H___. For sure if you were to be hit hard enough to knock you down, you don't get up like those shown in movies. How many can say they jumped up to battle on after you got the Sh__ knocked out of you? Damn! It's hard enough just to breath!

Of arrows, the supposedly nock buster points have proven to penetrate some of the bullet proof vest/jackets.
    If most would note of pictures of our brave men over seas, they are were flack jackets that stop most everything.
    Pearson MX3 and MarXman. Limb Driver and Pro. Muddy Virtue HT3s and DCA Target Series. Bohning vanes. Sure Loc Challenger. Specialty Peep. Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Deuce, Jet Black, and Shootoff. TRU Ball ST360 and HT, 30" Stinger
    with Stinger back bars.

Im just buying this because I wear gloves anyways, I figured why not the extra protection?

Quote Originally Posted by curt514 View Post

Rant over
    Damn, man. They're just statistics, nobody is making you do anything to protect yourself.

This is the dumbest argument ever… either wear it or don't. Personally I think my hand will be the last off my worries if one explodes but why fight over something so stupid.

The glove won't stop carbon splinters...

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    actually its renaissance and shiney, but hey you know, you know everythign dont you?

I was talking about the fact that this glove isn't trying to protect you from the broadhead metal, its the broken carbon fiber shafts. And no im not endorsing their product, just saying that it's probably not protecting you from what you KNOW it is. But go ahead and live in ignorant bliss.
    Sometimes auto correct on smart phones decide that they know better then you. Am I a perfect speller or claim to know everything, no. Never have and never will. But starting a thread and trying to "scare" people into buying a product is BS. I would wager that you have a much better chance of being in a car wreck then having an arrow explode into your hand but do you drive around with a full face helmet and neck collar every time? Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Damn, man. They're just statistics, nobody is making you do anything to protect yourself.
    Yea but if this is repeated enough then all of a sudden the media will go over board and it will be just like everything else. There was a thread on here last week saying that in Illinois it was against the law to even have a bow in your car with out a cam lock in it. Really, are drive by bow shootings a real danger.
    All the BS law get started somewhere and all it takes is one moron to go over board and then the rest of us are screwed.
    And I was not really having a good day yesterday! Could you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingEdgeTec View Post
    Archery & Bowhunting Injury & Safety Stats.

Name:	Safety Stats pg 2.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1711696
    I wonder if this is a mutant statistic though. That is, if string slap is an "injury" I would like to know the percentage of archers with more serious injuries such as those involving blood or bones. I suspect if string slap is removed, it drops to less than 1%.

OTOH, I read that about 33% of archers who don't use a fall restraint system have a serious injury while hunting.
    Intermediate archer shooting an Elite Pure; Parker Buck Hunter (non-XP) for backup.

Be safe in the woods this week. Don't Forget your Safety Gear for your next hunt or bowhunt. Visit

www.bowsafe.com

Keep this thread going in a effort to help prevent all bowhunting injuries. Not just to the hand. Please share your stories and help encourage your friends and family to be safe out in the woods each and every hour and day. Have fun and remember BOW SAFE as you head out.

A close family friend and principle to my kids got injured on his bowhunt for elk this weekend. Here is the link http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26796277&nid...cid=featured-4

Elk hunter accidentally gored by antler
    By McKenzie Romero
    September 10th, 2013 @ 8:45am

VERNAL � A Lehi man is recovering after he accidentally gored himself on the antlers of an elk he had just shot.

Bradley Greenwood, 51, was hunting in the Davenport Draw area of Diamond Mountain early Saturday when he took down the large elk. When Greenwood attempted to roll the animal over, an antler penetrated his face, the Uintah County Sheriff's Office reported.

Greenwood managed to call emergency dispatch about 9:11 a.m., reporting that his neck was swelling and it was becoming difficult to breathe.

He was treated at the scene and then flown to Ashley Regional Medical Center. He was later transported to a Salt Lake City hospital for surgery.

We need to remember to hunt in pairs and carry a cell phone and a first aid kit. We are lucky to have him with us. Praying he gets back on his feet and out hunting again very soon. We are all missing him at school this week.
    Last edited by ShootingEdgeTec; September 10th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Here are two incidences within the last week which have been shared with us.

I had an Easton FMJ explode on me last night as I released, without significant injury , but it scared me! Your product looked like the safety I need. Thank-you, Craig

I do hold the bow in my left hand and after putting a fragmented arrow into it 2 weeks ago I thought this glove would be a good investment.
    Rob

In our effort to help you all be Bow Safe this season. We have a Black Friday Sale going on with our archery/hunting store.

We have a great sale going on with our Protx Hand Guards. Here is the latest colors.

Name:	ASATCamoProtx HandGuardall threewithsetlogo.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	1817788

Name:	BlackProtxHandGuardRightHandedwithSET.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	1817790

To orders your's visit www.saveoutdoorsports.com or www.tednugentsspiritwildmall.com

To help you be Bow Safe in your Treestand. Check out the Treestand Accessories we have on our Black Friday Sale on www.saveoutdoorsports.com and www.tednugentsspiritwildmall.com

Name:	treestand.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	1817797

Not sure about you guys. But I am getting tired of losing hunting buds and bloodbrothers cause they fall out of a try. Just another reminder. Be Bow Safe in the woods today and every day.

To help you be Bow Safe in your Treestand. Check out the Treestand Accessories we have on our Black Friday Sale on www.saveoutdoorsports.com and www.tednugentsspiritwildmall.com

Name:	treestand.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	1825340

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast