a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart vortex Hunter bow package by Barnett

Walmart vortex Hunter bow package by Barnett

Any see one of these seems like a bunch of knock off accessories but its less than $200. Any thoughts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374455272.326687.jpg

Mathews SQ2 LH & back up Bow PSE Bowmadness LH

I've seen them at ours also. I wondering same thing.

Sent from my cellular teleyfone.
    Mathews creed 28/60
    PSE Dream Season EVO

Saw one today at Wal Mart as well...

Cheap backup bow?
    2012 Bear Mauler

Air Force

Not just a wal mart bow we sold them at the shop I worked at. The bow is a PITA to work on but it's a great alternative when parents come in and want a bow for there 8 year old son to see if he likes archery but don't want to drop 300-450 dollars on a craze or ruckus and find out the kid wants nothing to do with the thing in six months. The accesories are junk but I have had people come back in and set the bow up with a whisker biscuit and a three pin tru glo sight with a tube peep. It's really all in what you make of it... I mean some people still shoot just a stick and string lol
    Hoyt Powerhawk 28.5" 60# cm bowstring nap quicktune apex 4 pin tundra st epic 400s
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo 28.5" 60# ripcord sos extreme archery products exr easton axis 400s & lightspeed 3d 400s
    BLACKOUT HUNTING
    "Hit Em' So Hard They BLACKOUT!!"

if you get good accessories do you think the bow would be worth the 200$ i just seen it at my walmart to. was wondering the exact same thing and if the ibo speed is good at all?
    Stouts Preditor Instincts on Face book

I'd rather buy a used bow from the classifieds here than a new bow from Walmart.
    Mathews Creed 29.5/70 blacked out. Black eagle Rampage arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by duckmaster46975 View Post
    I'd rather buy a used bow from the classifieds here than a new bow from Walmart.
    this x2
    bowtech sentinel flx. black opps
    101st airborne in max 4 .... ready to hunt !
    patriot dually advantage timber.

I saw it at my Wallmart, and from what I saw the Threshold is built far better then this for the same price.

Its a 2nd rate bow. About half way from a Bear Brave and a real bow. The cams use mods made out of plastic and the screws strip easy if you are not carefull. The rest is a total piece of garbage and needs to be replaced. The sight is usable but not the greatest. Overall its a Barnett built in China that should tell you all you need to know. JMO
    Energy 35 Max1,Tour Snow and Pulse Ninja because they work for me

Have you shot your bow today?

Accessories stink, modules are plastic, screws are cheap and strip easily (star bit works better than allen), strings aren't good at all, but for $170 you can't expect that much from them. I set them up for kids a lot where I work if the parents don't want to spring for the Apprentice or Infinite Edge. One of the kids last year brought me a picture of them and the deer they killed with it from this last season. He was super pumped about it so if that's what they can get, let them have their fun. I wouldn't get one for my kid but if that's the range you need to be in, they will do the job and the kids have fun.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Quote Originally Posted by duckmaster46975 View Post
    yes, most of the people shopping at Wal Mart know about archerytalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by NC Kansas View Post
    yes, most of the people shopping at Wal Mart know about archerytalk.com

Many bowhunters have no idea AT exists...so I'm sure the vast majority of Wally World sporting goods buyers know nothing of it either.
    2013 Elite Answer Snow Camo /QAD HD / HHA DS-5519/ Stan Quattro
    70# DW / 30" DL
    GoldTip 7595 XT Hunters / Ramcats 125gr

I would be afraid to shoot that thing.

imo buy a young dude the diamonde infinite edge that he can shoot now and also grow into. if he doesn't like it sell it and you'll still come out better than you would reselling this bow.

I seen it at walmart today also.. I picked it up and it felt good for a cheap bow. Walmart has a 30day return policy so you could try it out and just return it. Looks compact and maybe it will hit 280+fps.. who knows maybe 300 buried.

I picked up a Diamond Razor Edge w 30-60# limbs for 200 to my doir on the classifieds. I think I would take it as a backup over tge wallyworld special.

Since you ask , I think Wall Mart sucks , and shopping there destroys our economy ,and they treat their employes like cattle , thats my thoughts, Since you ask

1,0000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000% Junk!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffShrugged View Post
    I would be afraid to shoot that thing.
    X2 And I think one of them go up to 60lbs .lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Inc. View Post
    Since you ask , I think Wall Mart sucks , and shopping there destroys our economy ,and they treat their employes like cattle , thats my thoughts, Since you ask
    Your right, but they do give thousands of people jobs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Of course there is going to one who has to turn it toward Walmart hate. God forbid a company be successful in our free market system. A system most of us are proud to have. Proud of the freedoms we have. I definitely think the govt should step in and regulate them. Maybe they should control what you do and how much you make as well?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

i bought 1 love it im not a rich person so it will do for me i got a red head but i love vortex

Wally world - shopping there does not help

this bow can be bought in cabelas as well

the shop i help out at have sold a 15 of these, as said above, parts are cheap, and for $100 more they could go to a bear apprentice 2 but some people dont want to spend that on something that the kid may only have a passing intrest in.

they accually shoot not that bad at the higher weights
    sponsered by:My wife my bank and me,myself,and I

I sell the vortex jr in my shop they are great bows for kids who's parents don't want to spend a lot of money at first the rest and arrows are junk but the bow is not bad at all for what you pay for it I have never tried one of the regular vortex bows in he 45 to 60 lbs they might not hold up as good at higher poundage and longer draw length but the jr does real well IMO they are better than the infinite edge for a child

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast