a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 MN Hunting Regulations

2013 MN Hunting Regulations

Anybody know when MN 2013 Regs will be out, or am I just missing them on the website?

Nope I was looking too I wanted to see if were I live was still 1 archery tag hunters choice, no info yet

I heard Aug.1 but the person that told me has nothing to base it on....aka...he has no connection to the DNR.
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    Vegetarians...What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

This is so ridiculous. Pretty sad that some lottery entries must be received by Mid August, yet Regs aren't out the end of JULY!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSnipe View Post
    This is so ridiculous. Pretty sad that some lottery entries must be received by Mid August, yet Regs aren't out the end of JULY!
    Was thinking the same!
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    Vegetarians...What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

I have been checking too. It just killed me last year when one of the zones I hunt went from a two deer area to a hunters choice. Wouldn't you know it, on opening evening last year I had a big doe at 20 yards broadside numerous times. It was tough passing on easy venison. Luckily I got a buck about an hour later. It sure would have been nice to have gotten a double that night. The best part of this whole story is that I gave my buddy his choice of stands that night. He picked the one stand out of three that didn't have a buck in bow range.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release
    Gold Tip XT Hunters 28.5 in. w/Blazer Vanes and Wraps

Ive been awaiting this info too with no luck. Hope this thread keeps going to keep us updated.
    Carbon Spyder Turbo, Boss Hogg, Hoyt QAD, Tight Spot, Rage Digger Broadheads

Yep, my zone did too! Changed my whole strategy for the year! I never even drew the bow on a deer last year! But I got a little buck with the smoke pole.
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============

Glad I'm not the only one who's wondering when they are coming out
    (two of my areas went to hunters choice last year as well, and I ended up not even hunting either one)

John
    Mathews Heli-M 28/70
    PSE Bowmadness XS 28/70

I am going to try muzzleloading this year for the first time if I don't have one down by then. Got the thing last year and haven't even shot it though. Hopefully sighting it in won't be a real difficult process. It can sure be frustrating when I am bowhunting and I see deer and know that they would be chops and steaks if I had a gun.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release

Quote Originally Posted by BOE_Hunter View Post
    I am going to try muzzleloading this year for the first time if I don't have one down by then. Got the thing last year and haven't even shot it though. Hopefully sighting it in won't be a real difficult process. It can sure be frustrating when I am bowhunting and I see deer and know that they would be chops and steaks if I had a gun.
    Just dropping a charge and a bullet down the barrel will get you started, but you really want to start shooting that thing and find a good load bullet combination. It makes a world of difference with mine.
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============

I know, just finding a place in the Twin Cities to shoot the thing would help me a ton.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release

Quote Originally Posted by BOE_Hunter View Post
    I have been checking too. It just killed me last year when one of the zones I hunt went from a two deer area to a hunters choice. Wouldn't you know it, on opening evening last year I had a big doe at 20 yards broadside numerous times. It was tough passing on easy venison. Luckily I got a buck about an hour later. It sure would have been nice to have gotten a double that night. The best part of this whole story is that I gave my buddy his choice of stands that night. He picked the one stand out of three that didn't have a buck in bow range.
    You know what sucks worse? 3 miles from my back property line on the East side of 169 a hunter can kill 4 deer with a bow 1 buck and I have been hunters choice the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Big Time View Post
    You know what sucks worse? 3 miles from my back property line on the East side of 169 a hunter can kill 4 deer with a bow 1 buck and I have been hunters choice the last 3 years.
    I hear ya....I can't hunt my property in the city limits, but 1 mile west of me they can!
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============

I thought it was unusual no regs yet I am from mo and am working in the twin city's area and was wanting to look into hunting up here this season since I only go home every other weekend does anyone know how hard it is to get an out of state license for bow hunting the only thing I can find is like a 165 dollar tag but not sure if there is other licenses I'd have to get
    Mathews chill 74# 28.5"
    Carbon express reds
    G5 montec

Should be all you need is the out of state tag. What area of the TC are you staying in?

Hartford
    Here is a link to last years license purchasing page. You can at least do some snooping around here to see what you may need.
    http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/...l?type=hunting

Boe
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release

Mn tags are OTC, do you have your hunter ed.?
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============

For in state residents, we only get issued two parts to a license. The come together as one piece though. One part is a site tag that you have to put on the animal before transporting it anywhere. The other is the license portion. When you have a chance after taking an animal, you need to register your animal with the state DNR. The really cool part is that this can be done online. Lots of guys do it from their smart phone when they get a signal. They give you a confirmation number that you need to have on the license. The butchers always check to see if you have registered your animal before they start cutting it up.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    Scott Wildcat Release

The DNR was doing a lot of aerial deer population surveying this spring. I'm sure they are pouring over the data right now to make an objective, sound,: scientific decision. And that's what's taking them so long! :wink
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============

I would imagine due to the shut down last year the DNR assumed the same slow pace this year.

was born here in minnesota lived in different areas in the state now at age 60 ,this is what needs to happen to improve deer hunting here in minnesota. all dnr management all dnr leaders fired them all and start over.minnesota dnr should be ashamed of how poor our minnesota deer heard is. what we need to do is take care our deer, feed them in the winter,kill those dam wolves, lower the population of the black bear to half of what it is now.check all cattle better for disease and fine those rancher`s if they infect our deer herd.protect our young bucks too. the minnesota DNR always talk`s about disease never ever have deer got it from feeding them in minnesota." i have asked them to prove it about deer disease and feeding deer, well guess what > they can`t " they say they read it in a book. Idiots !

I hunt 3 different zones and would like to strategize. I too am getting sick of this.
    Work Hard, Play Hard!

Just got an email back from the MN DNR

I wrote: "Why are the Hunting regs not out yet? I hunt in 3 different zones and would like to start preparing. This is a little ridiculous."

There response:"They are being delivered to the agents this week. You cannot purchase deer hunting licenses until August 1."

I replied that I have 2 boys and myself to prep for and Hunt in 3 different zones with some 20 sets to put up yet and would like to see where I am trophy hunting and meat hunting at...I also like to stay out of the woods as much as possible as it gets closer to season. I am sure some people that work on these have no idea what goes into preparing for the opener.
    Work Hard, Play Hard!

Looks like I'll be able to shoot a doe this year - sweet!

deermap1-511x600.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast