Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Magazine Podcast

Crossbow Magazine Podcast

The first Crossbow Magazine podcast will be uploaded to our website this Thursday, August 1st at 7:00 pm EST. This weeks guest are;

Daniel J. Hendricks of the American Crossbow Federation. We will discuss the ACF, UFFDA, crossbow's ever gaining popularity and state inclusions.

Alan Schimelpfenig President of the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation. We will discuss the gains Wisconsin has made toward the fall hunting season and where they're currently at with it.

Next weeks guest will be;

Rick Bednar CEO of TenPoint Crossbow Technologies. We will discuss the Horton purchase and the future of the brand.

Frank Gairdner of TriggerTech. We will discuss their revolutionary new triggers and how they'll change the industry.

Please tune in.

Ask Frank ... if he can make a trigger box for my Velocity.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Now, that discussion with Rick Bednar should be very interesting
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Now, that discussion with Rick Bednar should be very interesting
    Week two ... does look good. Say Todd ... tell us what ACF & UFFDA stand for. Might help develop more interest in week #1.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    That just might come up, Duke.

you forgot to ask for one that works...lol
    velocity 165 2.5x10 vortex ffp 423 fps
    stryker 380 hha speed dial 3x9 Nikon 370 fps
    black aegle / accuspine 423 grn
    nra life member

Week two ... does look good. Say Todd ... tell us what ACF & UFFDA stand for. Might help develop more interest in week #1.
    ACF = American Crossbow Federation

UFFDA = United Foundation For Disabled Archers.

Todd will this live only or can you catch up at a later time? I think this is a good thing you are doing.
    Micro 335
    Hawke XB30
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by njflinger View Post
    you forgot to ask for one that works...lol
    I have complete faith ... that Frank Gairdner of TriggerTech can make an exquisite trigger box for my bow. If you recall, I mentioned Trigger Tech a long time ago as a potential consultant for Scorpyd to hire to fix the problem. As I said "if I don't know how to do something, I go find a professional who DOES know how to do it ... right."

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    Todd will this live only or can you catch up at a later time? I think this is a good thing you are doing.
    Ramrod, it will be archived after it airs and you'll be able to listen to it any time. Thanks!

We've also started to upload some of our webisodes for 2013. The first two are Pennsylvania doe hunts with host Gene Schang.

Looking forward to the podcast and I like the webisodes you guys post Gives me something to do at work :-)
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Just watched the doe bownanza, great videos! I noticed Gene had that big bead of sweat running down his forehead after that doe caught him in the stand lol You both do a great job with the videos and I enjoy watching them
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    Just watched the doe bownanza, great videos! I noticed Gene had that big bead of sweat running down his forehead after that doe caught him in the stand lol You both do a great job with the videos and I enjoy watching them
    You noticed that bead of sweat, Pin. Yea, she had me pegged and I was deciding whether to shoot her or not. As you saw, I shot her.

Yep and nice shot it was :-) I've had those beads of sweat a few times over the years too lol Theres nothing in the woods more wary than a doe with a season or two under her belt :-)
    Matrix 380

Theres nothing in the woods more wary than a doe with a season or two under her belt :-)
    I agree. I would make the arguement that killing a mature doe with the bow is a huge challenge at its core. There are just alot more of them than mature bucks and therefore more targets of opportunity. I really don't like to see folks being apologetic for shooting or doe and trying to downplay their success. I see it often like "it was just a doe" or "I just needed some meat for the freezer". I say be proud folks. Taking a doe is no easy feat with archery tackle.

She had me pegged. In the second kill in the snow, those fawns were around us within 15 yards for ten minutes before big mama stepped into the picture. I guarantee, I would have gotten ten minutes of footage of her before she figured out the deal. I didn't waste any time sending a Lumenok here way when she cleared the others.

For those that are interested the episode is called "CBM Doe Bownanza" on Youtube and on our site.

I agree with that I sure won't apologize for killing one :-) That was a nice shot on the second one too! I've been pegged by more doe's than bucks over the years and its not just because I see more doe's. Those critters walk around their whole life looking for something to run from lol I enjoy the videos, keep up the good work :-)
    Matrix 380

Just watched the doe bownanza, great videos! I noticed Gene had that big bead of sweat running down his forehead
    I noticed that too, Pin. There for a second I thought I was watching an episode of Dateline's "to catch a predator."

Sooooo am I the only guy that's wondering, What in the heck is a Podcast ?? Or the only guy dumb enough to ask...

And Gene, I agree a mature doe can be a tough critter to kill with archery equipment, they're always on high alert around here.
    Excalibur Relayer Y25, Matrix 405 MEGA
    DTM 330 SS, DTM 355 SS
    TenPoint Venom

Quote Originally Posted by TBrom View Post
    I noticed that too, Pin. There for a second I thought I was watching an episode of Dateline's "to catch a predator."
    hahaha! funny :-)

RH a podcast is when you sow peas for the food plot LOL Its actually http://www.techterms.com/definition/podcast
    Matrix 380

hahaha! funny :-)

RH a podcast is when you sow peas for the food plot LOL Its actually http://www.techterms.com/definition/podcast
    Good one ! And thanks for the link
    Excalibur Relayer Y25, Matrix 405 MEGA
    DTM 330 SS, DTM 355 SS
    TenPoint Venom

Incidentally, the 2013 Product Preview issue went out on Monday. 28 crossbows profiled, arrows, nocks, broadheads and more.

2013_product_preview_cover (Mobile).jpg

Nice! I didn't know you had a product review issue but then this is the first year I've subscribed.
    Matrix 380

Nice! I didn't know you had a product review issue but then this is the first year I've subscribed.
    Pin for you it will probably just be a walk down memory lane!
    Excalibur Matrix 380
    Excalibur Matrix 330
    HHA Optimizer with Hawke Scope
    18" Black Eagle Arrows w/ 110 grain insert and Lumenoks
    100 grain Swhacker broadheads 1.75"

Quote Originally Posted by cspot View Post
    Pin for you it will probably just be a walk down memory lane!
    LOL heck I probably could have wrote 2/3 of it :-) Maybe not as technical, helpful stuff probably but I've learned to take pretty good pictures by now LOL
    Matrix 380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast