Thread: Wrist strap

Wrist strap

Quick question. For those of you who shoot a wrist strap, do you have it tight of loose?

I like mine to be loose, I feel like a tight wrist strap can induce torque
    2012 Elite Hunter ninja, CBE tek hunter, limbdriver

Hoyt Vantage Elite, White with purple anodized cams, limb pockets, and rest
    Fuse front bar w/ 6oz weight, Shrewd back bar and adjustable bracket. Best score so far--300 53x

Loose. You shouldn't even know it's there; it's only as a safety measure should the bow fly out of your hand. You want to let the bow move the way it needs to move after you shoot it.

I have my wrist sling loose.........
    2010 PSE x-force Axe 7,,,,,,,29"x45#

Member hoytcharger2013 owes me $20.00 or the quiver I purchased from him neg feedback was left, nothing worse than a thief......

Are you talking about a wrist release strap or a bow sling?
    Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

Sling is never tight, tight=torque. You want it loose enough that you can slip a gloved hand into it with ease. It's a safety strap only. I see too many customers come in with them way too tight.
    It is only there to promote a light grip of the bow and catch it if it gets away from you---it has no other function.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

WEll if your talking about a release strap then mine is a little tight but for a wrist sling on the bow you never want it too tight

That's what I thought.... I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by joshsmallwood1 View Post
    Quick question. For those of you who shoot a wrist strap, do you have it tight of loose?
    I like mine kinda' loose I hook up to the 2nd hole and the trigger just does reach he 1st joint of my index finger. I shoot a Scott Release. Only been shooting about a year, but from day 1 when I put the release on it felt so natural.
    Genesis 21:20 Genesis 27:3

Mission Riot 70/29 Trophy Ridge Judge Sight Mathews Ultra Rest
    Wicked Ridge Invader Crossbow/3X Multi Line Scope/Bow Jax
    Mathews Helim 70/29 Trophy Ridge Judge Sight Mathews Ultra Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Hondov65 View Post
    I like mine kinda' loose I hook up to the 2nd hole and the trigger just does reach he 1st joint of my index finger. I shoot a Scott Release. Only been shooting about a year, but from day 1 when I put the release on it felt so natural.
    That would be the release strap. The wrist strap is the decorative little safety strap that connects to the stabilizer and keeps the bow from falling when you shoot.
    It's only real purpose is a just in case, so that you can relax your grip and not worry about dropping the bow.