Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DCA Hunter Arrows Issue

DCA Hunter Arrows Issue

Hey all, I bought a doz of the DCA 400 Hunter arrows a few weeks ago. Got them cut and shot a few times but needed my bow tuned. After getting it back I was shooting in my backyard. In my first set I had an arrow that had splintered and nearly broke right under the wrap. Putting that past me I continued to shoot. Again this happened but this time it was between the wrap and the Fusions. Once again I did another set. Another arrow cracked a few inches from the wrap. The cock vane has fallen off or started to on two of the other arrows. These arrows are crazy accurate and fast but whats's going on??

2009 Martin Cheetah 28" @ 65# / Slick Tricks
    Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro / Trophy Ridge Cypher
    DCA Hunter Arrows / Stokerized Stabilization

The only issue I have with them is shooting too tight of groups and nocking a vane off. Best arrows I have shot yet.

They shoot very good, but I wasn't shooting tight groups when they started splitting.

Im following this thread
    What will people think, when they hear that Im a Jesus freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Szar View Post
    Hey all, I bought a doz of the DCA 400 Hunter arrows a few weeks ago. Got them cut and shot a few times but needed my bow tuned. After getting it back I was shooting in my backyard. In my first set I had an arrow that had splintered and nearly broke right under the wrap. Putting that past me I continued to shoot. Again this happened but this time it was between the wrap and the Fusions. Once again I did another set. Another arrow cracked a few inches from the wrap. The cock vane has fallen off or started to on two of the other arrows. These arrows are crazy accurate and fast but whats's going on??
    Id let DCA know and take pics of them. They might replace them for ya. Maybe there is a batch control issue. You never know until you contact them and let them know. Im guessing they will take care of you, but you are the first that I have read, who has had any issues. I have yet to buy any, but I plan too.

Sounds dangerous, whether the issues are with the shafts or your bow. Are you positive your not getting contact on the rest? If so, I would call DCA in the morning and make them aware - could be a bad run, but in now way would I keep shooting the shafts. From the posts on here, DCA looks to be a good Co and I would guess they will stand behind their product. M

Who knows, I'm hoping something can be done. I really like the way they shoot but I couldn't believe it when three arrows split. The vanes aren't a big deal just a bit of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by dblungem View Post
    Sounds dangerous, whether the issues are with the shafts or your bow. Are you positive your not getting contact on the rest? If so, I would call DCA in the morning and make them aware - could be a bad run, but in now way would I keep shooting the shafts. From the posts on here, DCA looks to be a good Co and I would guess they will stand behind their product. M
    I have an older drop away rest but everything looked fine. Used the lipstick method without any marks left behind.

AH! lets see how about you call DCA and try to figure out what is going on.
    "No animal was ever lost because the arrow penetrated too far"
    DR. Ed Ashby

Why is it guys always come on at and post up before they give the company a chance at solving the issue???seriously mike I'm a bit baffled why a pm or phone call to a dca employee wasn't your 1st stop..usually in my experience,arrows busting at the tail end between the 3"-7" area of the shaft points to being significantly under spined or slapping the rest ..since you performed the lipstick test,Im assuming either wrong spine or as stated already there's a bad batch of arrows....what's your setup and spine and we can at least rule that out..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4
    2013 bowtech destroyer 350 LE
    2012 hca x11 speed pro
    2012 strothers sx rush
    2013 Strother moxie
    ---H&A custom strings-->

I'm not sure they have an open phone line as yet.......If not I would contact Josh and let him know of your problem or problems and get something done asap. You should report it to DCA for sure....
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

That's strange they've been great for me

Quote Originally Posted by bucks/bulls View Post
    Why is it guys always come on at and post up before they give the company a chance at solving the issue???seriously mike I'm a bit baffled why a pm or phone call to a dca employee wasn't your 1st stop..usually in my experience,arrows busting at the tail end between the 3"-7" area of the shaft points to being significantly under spined or slapping the rest ..since you performed the lipstick test,Im assuming either wrong spine or as stated already there's a bad batch of arrows....what's your setup and spine and we can at least rule that out..

He is using a .400 spine and if he is shooting the bow in his signature they are not too weak and certainly not to the point of breaking because of it.

Why is it guys always come on at and post up before they give the company a chance at solving the issue???seriously mike I'm a bit baffled why a pm or phone call to a dca employee wasn't your 1st stop...
    With all due respect, I would have done the same thing. It's a Sunday, DCA is almost certainly closed. He had three arrows fail, which is far out of the statistical norm, he wanted to discuss it with fellow archers. That's what ArcheryTalk is here for, right? I'm definitely with you on calling the company Monday though, when its open.

Had three break on me..

Just happened to flex this one and snapped in half...only second arrow I had do this in all my years of hunting.

Kept shooting and this happened the next day after two slapped together...did not look bad/scuffed/ marked/ etc but broke when flexed.

Came in the house after the above arrow broke and found this...I took the rest and put them in the pile of misc used/junk arrows

ALL these arrows were only shot 2-3 days and ONLY into morrel bionic 3D buck and McKenzie shooter block.
    Last edited by BowHuntnKY; August 4th, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Hoyt

Why is it guys always come on at and post up before they give the company a chance at solving the issue???seriously mike I'm a bit baffled why a pm or phone call to a dca employee wasn't your 1st stop.
    The guy has 53 posts, give him a break. This is an archery forum for people to ask questions if you were not tracking. You seem like a real class act for a "Supporting Manufacturer/Retailer"

To the OP:
    If you have 3 bad arrows from a dozen...that's a bad batch. I would not shoot another arrow. I am not sure if you have seen pictures of or known anybody that has had an arrow explode while firing...it's ugly! Contact DCA and see what they are willing to do. Don't throw them away, DCA may want the arrows back to inspect/look at them.
    I shoot arrows with a bow

Team #7

Not good at all. A faulty arrow is very scary
    Is it November yet?

I sent DCA an email and PM-ed on AT prior to this post. I was just looking for some feedback from others. I have an '04 PSE Firestorm Lite 60#, 28". Older Cobra drop away rest. I was shooting my 9 spot target so there shouldn't have been any arrow contact. The split on my first arrow was similar to BowHuntnKY's first pic. I saw a large crack on the arrow but the second two weren't as severe, just some splits down the shaft.

watching this thread. planning to buy some DCA arrows soon.
    Crazy 8's

Call the guys at DCA. OUTSTANDING to talk to on the phone. I cant remember the guys name I talked to but I got through right away and talked for 15 minutes or so about their arrows. These guys know there **** ! Had one faulty arrow which was probably my fault due to a ****ty target and they gave me a 20% discount.

Would be nice if more folks could be positive. He is a new guy and is seeking advice, not negativity. Good luck on your outcome and let us know how it works out.
    '12 Pulse, Blk/AP Snow 60/30 Anchor Sight, T.R. Micro Alpha V5, LD Pro V, Paradigm SOS, Ktech SS/Vbar...3D. '09 GT 500, AP camo, 60/29.5 T.R.V3, LD Pro-V, Ktech string stop, Doinker Dish Anchor Sight, Pro Line threads. Critter Gitter! Accunocks/FOBS!

I splintered three TARGET DCA's in one day on the 3D course. I figured it was the targets I was shooting because I had shot the entire dozen hundreds of times into my target and I've shot the remainder of the dozen at least a hundred times since. So because of that, I didn't contact DCA.
    2013 PSE Stinger 3G
    2013 Genesis Original
    2014 PSE Snake
    http://www.davenportvalleyarchers.com

Wow, looks like DCA has some issues to work out for you. Hope you get this resolved. I'm hesitant to try them just because of these kinds of issues. A little more cash is worth avoiding an arrow through the hand.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens. I've had great service with them so far and they really care about the customer.

God forbid anyone shares a bad experience with DCA shafts...This is exactly what ive been saying on here, everyone is praising these shafts after only shooting them for a few days. Give it some time before claiming these are the best shafts, which a lot of guys on here have been doing. Im not saying these few shafts breaking means all DCA shafts are poor quality. Im just saying people should shoot them longer and really find out if they are quality before selling all their GT, Easton, or Carbon Express shafts. Dont be blinded by the price when determining if its quality, the savings are not worth an arrow through your hand.
    Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast