232 48.74%
  • Good for bowhunting

153 32.14%
  • Not good for bowhunting

49 10.29%
  • Awful for bowhunting

42 8.82%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent good or bad for bowhunting and archery?

Question Ted Nugent good or bad for bowhunting and archery?

Do you think Ted is good or bad for bowhunting and why?

I say GOOD not only for bowhunters but for all hunters!!! He is alittel extreem but thats just uncle ted he s not afraid to stand up and speakup for your and mine and his rights !! JMO

I like Nugent. It's nice to see a rockin' axeman who's not a left wing pansy. I think he's one of many voices representing bowhunting. I'm sure he's offensive to some, but overall, I think his aproach has far more positive points than negative.

he keeps things intersting and fights for hunters........

and he wears cool hats............
    Stage 1 Strings

Xpedition Xring 6

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer64d
    I say GOOD not only for bowhunters but for all hunters!!! He is alittel extreem but thats just uncle ted he s not afraid to stand up and speakup for your and mine and his rights !! JMO
    I think what he is doing with kids is great, they are our future, if you look past all the craziness, I think he's really down to earth kind of guy. I've never met him, but I think he's great for our sport, and the louder the better

I figure folks who are extreme are the few that get heard. The opposition does extreme things to get attention, so why shouldn't we turn Ted loose on 'em?
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Ted calls it as he sees it. I'm glad he's on our side.

To those who say awful I ask why?Not trying to start something just wonderin why.Kill it and grill it attitude?I respect all opinions just curious!

I met him a few months ago here in Houston during the annual NRA meetings. He was a super guy and he spent some time with my son telling him they were blood brothers. He took a guitar pick out of his pocket, licked it and stuck it on my son's forehead. My son couldn't stop saying "this is the best day of my life" We both think Uncle Ted is pretty cool. He does alot for kids and hunting.

TEXAS

How can he be awful when he goes out and promotes bowhunting. He does alot for the sport and I think he is great.

Ted is the epitome of awesome.
    If it were not for Ted, who would be sticking up for ALL hunters against
    a-holes like Peta?

We need more like Ted instead of against him. Radical?? Hell yeah, and I support him along with thousands of other conservationists.

i think he's good for bowhunting he's not affraid to speak his mind and stand up for our rights and probably does more to support the sport in one year than most hunters do in a life time the only reason i didn't vote great for bowhunting is he does have the tendecy to get a little egotistical and extreme from time to time and if you were someone who is on the fence about these issues when you see him acting like that it might be just enough to push you over the other side.
    VORTEX OPTICS NATIONAL FIELD STAFF ............VICTORY NATIONAL STAFF
    AEP PRO STAFF///////////////////////////////////////BRITE SITE SHOOTING STAFF
    TRU BALL SHOOTING STAFF/////////////////////////BOHNING STAFF SHOOTER
    SIXX STRINGS
    ADDING X's TO EVERYTHING WE DO!! www.sixxstrings.com

I'm not a hunter, but support bowhunting as it's an important pasttime (especially around my way where we have many ferel species) and everything I have read about this guy just makes me think he does more harm than good.
    Bowhunting has some excellent rolemodels, and to fight radical extremist morons like PETA you shouldn't thrown your own version at them, but rather educate the masses on what that organisation is doing. (supporting terrorist organisations and spreading lies about the food industry)

He certainly does NOTHING for archery as a whole.
    Beiter Nocks
    Urban Archery

I think anyone who stands up for the soprts we all love deserves our thanks. Even if he is a little out there. Mystical flight of the arrow and all. Thanks Ted.

asset all the way

I could only hope to have a portion of the carisma and knowledge of the sport this man has.We need to fight fire with fire.
    And I love the mystical flight of the arrow!
    MARTIN FIRECAT
    Tru ball releases
    Victory Arrows Doinker Dish DD12
    Spot Hogg Infinity Rest
    Axcel Armortech Pro 5 pin

I sure do not find him to be a person I would want to speak for me and our sport of archery, I can thing of a lot better men out there.
    SOB (Sweet Old Bill) Bill Olmesdahl
    Sand Dune archery club MB SC,
    Gibertville rod and Gun NY,
    Seniors archery 3D/ hunt Oneonta NY

Ted reaches a lot of impressionable people with the message that bowhunting is cool and above all else we respect the animals we hunt. He is a rocker first and foremost. A bowhunter second. And a rabid anti-drug advocate. How can you go wrong with a guy like that?
    Pete

" They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." -- The last words of Union Army General John Sedgewick before being killed by a Confederate sharp-shooter in the opening battles of Spotsylvania.

I think he sparks an interest in bowhunting for many people that catch his show. He is a little out there sometimes, but I believe he has good intentions. It is nice to see a guy that gets just as excited over a doe as big buck.

I voted "Good" also. I do watch his show every chance I get and enjoy it.
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

OK, so Ted may be out there and crazy but so am I. Keep up the good work Ted.

Any celebrity or person in general that promotes hunting and archery is an asset to the sport .

Sure there may be more seasoned rolemodels out there but sometimes it takes someone like Ted to be heard! He promotes archery/hunting to our youth and he is an anti-drug advocate!

If I was an Anti, he'd be the first one I'd go after.........but only because of his influence!

Smile Uncle Ted is Awsome

I used to think years ago that Ted Nugent was loud, obnoxious voice in the hunting community. What I've come to learn however is this. Ted's "in your face" opinions are "just what the doctor ordered", when it comes to countering the anti's in this country and the world for that matter. If you think about it, when you see PETA or some other whacked out group protesting, they are loud, abnoxious and in your face with their points of view. They get attention. People listen to them. When Ted talks, people listen, he gets attention. And he tells it like it is. Weather you like him or not, he is a powerful and positive voice for ALL hunters, outdoorsmen, archers and so on. One thing that the anti's have understood for a long time is the need to remain united. They have a common goal. To put an end to all hunting. I have read several post on this site, and have seen many, far too many in my view, where people get down right vicious with differences in opinion. Remeber the old saying? Divide and conquer. If you listen to Ted speak you will hear him address his auidience as "BLOODBROTHERS AND SISTERS". He talks to his audience as a whole, not gun hunters in this corner, bowhunters in this corner, duck hunters in that corner and so on. How many people can you think of that have spent so much of their time addressing the concerns and right of hunters in the past 10 years as Ted Nugent has? Do I think he's good for bowhunting? You bet I do. I drove my 11 year old daughter from Minnesota last year to Michigan for his Kamp for Kids. Phenominal. Unbeleivably AWSOME. If you have young hunters, send them to this camp. You will not regret it, I promise you. I am posting the web address for it, check it out. http://www.tnkfk.com. Bow season is almost upon us, good luck to everyone and remember, UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    I'm not a hunter, but support bowhunting as it's an important pasttime (especially around my way where we have many ferel species) and everything I have read about this guy just makes me think he does more harm than good.
    Bowhunting has some excellent rolemodels, and to fight radical extremist morons like PETA you shouldn't thrown your own version at them, but rather educate the masses on what that organisation is doing. (supporting terrorist organisations and spreading lies about the food industry)

I am glad you at least support Bowhunting. Too many non hunters fall prey to the propoganda PETA spread out. Hunting is a traditon steeped deep in us. Ted ,as have been said, is extreme but extreme gets heard. Ive not met the guy but know people who have. He not only supports bowhunting, his first thought is education and safety training for youths in archery and hunting. He holds a camp several times for kids. And as far as not doing anything for archery? He has 3 or 4 lines of bows of his own thru Martin Archery And supports alot of tournaments. TED Is A-OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    Another uneducated sputter from someones piehole I see.

You can't be serious are you? Tell me that statement you made was a joke.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast