a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit Rage Broadheads

Counterfeit Rage Broadheads

Well, it has finally reached the point where you can only trust archery dealers when it comes to broadheads. While many on here were unwilling to purchase unless it was in the package, that to is now not a good way to judge whether the product is legit or not.

I am enclosing pictures from alibaba.com's site that shows you can now purchase PACKAGED Hypodermics and XTremes for $16 or less...meaning someone could turn around and sell them for $30 on here or eBay and turn a quick illegal profit.

We knew it would eventually come to this...

New_2013_Rage_Hypodermic_Expandable_Broadheads_3.jpg

"Game Destroyer" 09 PSE Omen 29/76 | QAD HDX | Trophy Ridge React | 12" Doinker D.I.S.H | Muddy HT-1 .300 .001 495gr w/ Helios Vanes | Rage KORE | 311fps 106.4KE
    MY BROTHER IS FINALLY CANCER FREE!!!

Just curious, how do you know they are counterfeit?

alibaba is company that sells stuff to small business in bulk

Maybe its just a heck of a deal. but probably not.

They appear to be genuine rage heads. They could just have used a genuine package and send you fakes. Most likely though when someone has something produced in china day they need 1,000 units, there is extra material incase of mistakes or what not to make more than 1,000 products. Sometimes the real factories make the extra product and sell them to make more money.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/61...broadhead.html
    I don't see the ones in packages . I see these and others Rages on there admitting conterfit and bulk 50 - 5000 pcs. - well at least i know where the loose bulk ones are coming from that i bought .
    Maybe i need to look at the site again . Not to buy but see those pkgs. is all .
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb.
    Vortex Optics -
    Tru-Fire releases

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/10...showimage.html
    yeah , yeah - got it . How will anyone ever know is right !! Granted , like you said , your local archery is the best bet by far and the safest . Crazy stuff , good find dude .
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb.
    Vortex Optics -
    Tru-Fire releases

Surprising coming from a site named "alibaba"

Alibaba is a huge site for businesses to buy stuff. There are some scammers on their site but they are rated also. Most of them will tell you if the product is an imitation or not.
    2010 Bowtech D350
    QAD LD Pro
    Tru Ball Assassin Buckle Release
    Axcel Armortech 5 Pin

You can purchase the heads either IN A PACKAGE or not...singles in plastic bags are $4 a head and IN A PACKAGE they are $16. Trust me, these are the same heads found on eBay for $6 not in a package.
    "Game Destroyer" 09 PSE Omen 29/76 | QAD HDX | Trophy Ridge React | 12" Doinker D.I.S.H | Muddy HT-1 .300 .001 495gr w/ Helios Vanes | Rage KORE | 311fps 106.4KE

Quote Originally Posted by skiisme753 View Post
    They appear to be genuine rage heads. They could just have used a genuine package and send you fakes. Most likely though when someone has something produced in china day they need 1,000 units, there is extra material incase of mistakes or what not to make more than 1,000 products. Sometimes the real factories make the extra product and sell them to make more money.
    I will say that you can order 1000 packages at $11 a package...so I am thinking they took over a package or two from the US OR like the NFL jerseys you can buy on websites, they are made there and the factories run "overtime" at night to take care of the workers.

I know im a little late to the covo but thought I would share my experience. Wish I would've looked at this sight a week or 2 ago. I just bought some rage X-tremes off Ebay and they are definitely fakes. I would've never thought about the possibility of Rages being faked. I got them and the packaging was flawless and even came with the "free sticker". When i screwed them into my arrows the blades were already bending down the shock collar tabs and thats what got me wondering. I pulled out one of my X-Tremes I bought from bass pro last year to compare and it was now so obvious. A few differences to look at if you want to know if yours are fake: 1. Shock collar, Real one had "place center of blade in middle of tab" on the bottom, Fake, had something written on bottom but was unreadable due to poor quality. 2. Blades; Real ones were sharp enough they could cut you, Fake ones you couldn't cut butter with. Also the flake blades you could see grinding marks all over them when the real ones had absolutely no grinding. (same goes with the tip blade) As I mentioning earlier the slots in the blades didn't line up with the collars and were pushing them out. 3. Color; Real ones were a bright goldish yellow and the faxes were lighter in color. There were a bunch of other differences as well, middle screw was different, grooves where the blades go in were different. Pretty much every quality feature of the real ones was cheaply made and crap on the fakes. Wish I still had the fakes so I could post pictures on here to show the differences.

Here is a link for rages listed by the same person I bought them from off ebay if you want to take a look at them, but dont buy cuz again THEY ARE FAKE. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-X-Treme...item4859948af2

Suppose I learned my lesson and will now have to go back to bass pro and pay retail price, because I do love the rage extremes. Last years deerrage hole.jpg

I bought six chisel tipped Rage 2-blade heads about 5 months ago on Ebay for something like $55 shipped. They came individually packaged in little manila envelopes. I compared them with a head bought in an archery shop and I could not tell the difference. I'm pretty convinced a deer won't be able to either.
    BowTech Insanity CPXL ; BowTech Experience
    QAD HDX rests
    Spot Hogg Hunter & Tommy Hogg Sights
    Carter Honey Release
    Deer Crossing Archery Hunter arrows, deadly on everything but the pocketbook!

Live in Louisiana, but hunt in Mississippi
    Just ordered some Hypo's on ebay. I'll have to look them over when they come in. Got them from a seller I have used before.
    I did see some that was much cheaper and they claim the packs were unwelded from factory. So they are passing on the savings. I always stay clear of these.

I ordered some Rage X-Tremes off of Amazon and they arrived yesterday. I put one on one of my arrows and noticed that the color was a bit different from my others. I also noticed that the shock collar didn't fit as well as the ones I bought from Cabela's. As a result, the blades aren't held in place and they have a lot of movement. At this point I really started comparing the ones I bought at Cabelas and the ones I bought off of Amazon. I've determined that the ones from Amazon are counterfeit. The Rage website confirms this as well.

This image shows the difference in the Tip Blade. The original is bigger than the counterfeit. I also notice a difference in the screws that hold the tip and blades in. The counterfeit ones are very soft aluminum, while the originals are much more solid. I had to be very careful removing the counterfeit ones because the head didn't hold the allan wrench very securely I was worried about stripping the head.
    20131124_121422.jpg

This picture shows the main body of the broadhead. I circled the biggest differences. The blades where identical for both heads as far as I could tell, but they didn't fit the same due to the differences here. The collars didn't fit securely. I tried using the collars that came with the counterfeits and the originals, but neither worked out very well.
    20131124_121736.jpg

I got suckered last year on eBay. Now I've got 20 squirrel heads.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckromeo View Post
    They still perform, my buddies dad uses them with success.

just found this post and went and checked out some rage extremes and hypodermics I purchased off of amazon and ebay, sure enough one of the packages off of ebay where the FAKES! the fake package did not have a sticker it was made out of cardboard and had FREE STICKER printed on the cardboard other than the rage sticker having a peel off free sticker sticker, anyway what a BUNCH OF BS! also just for everyones information the fakes came from archers supply on ebay, I knew enough to stay away from the unpackaged rages advertised so bought the packaged ones, and the packaging is abo****ely real other than the sticker. when comparing the broadheads side by side you can def. tell the difference, I did kill a coyote and a deer with one of the fakes but man i am pissed!

They have bookoos of fakes. Probably a fake for every broadhead out there.

Look at the the Silver Flames http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/98...broadhead.html

I bet some of them would be just fine and dandy. Would be a good way to be stocked for life for cheap.
    The Kruncher™ Deer Call - Shooting Staff
    Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
    475gr/27.5/70#/252fps

i got a set of amazon.2.3 extremes broke on first doe i shot.got in touch with rage and cs took charge contacted seller and arranged refund said package was spot on duplicate BH had 4 different markers that were give aways
    reezen 7.0 67#@30.5 409gr--304fps
    340 65#@31' 409gr--311fps

My cousin bought some Rage heads off ebay. He shot a nice buck from 30yrds. It had no penatration. He decided to inspect the heads. One in the group were shap and the rest dull. He contacted the seller. In which the seller said it was one real head with the others being practice heads. The item description stated this. I told him he should inspect all the heads he takes in the field. It was his own fault.
    07' Bowtech Ally 28"DL @ 55# = 392grns @ 250fps: G5 Meta,Sword Twilight Hunter,Limbdriver, Control Freak Stabilizer

150# Horton Yukon SL with Horton Multi Scope

Quote Originally Posted by redneckromeo View Post
    Care to sell a couple?
    Mathews Q2 65# at 28'', HHA OL 5519 Single Pin, Trophy Taker Drop-Away, Monkey Tails, Dead-End String Stop, G5 3/16'' Peep, Easton 400 FMJs, 100gr. Muzzys. Loving the dinosaur bow lifestyle.

am i nuts or is the pic of the bh bent as all heck in this link
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/99...broadhead.html

gee wizzz

Looks like it to me
    EVIL EVO
    IBA Hunting/Hogan Pt. Farms
    Tree Saddle Assassin

I bought some fake rage chisels. They rattle like crazy and fly like chit. oh well, lesson learned
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast