a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenpoint Stealth or Mission 320?

Tenpoint Stealth or Mission 320?

I am trying to decide witch one, I shot both of them and like both! there are pro's and cons in each of them as well. but the Mission is a heap cheaper, I like the way it shot, the stealth shot great to and I like the width and the accu-50,
    has anyone compared the two? I really need some guidence here! I was ready to pull the trigger and buy the stealth ss before I shot the mission, I am in a tizzy! HELP Please!!

You said it best...pros and cons to each. You can save some $$$ with the 320 but TP is top notch. A lot of happy people on here shooting the 320. I believe Mathews quality will be right up there.
    Micro 335
    Black and Camo
    Hawke XB30

i own neither but would definetly take a steath ss over the 320 the faster bow is always better down at these speeds...I m.o. accudraw = accuarcay
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

The only logical solution is to get both :-)
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

I have not shot both. But i have shot the MBX 320 so far its been a great bow. And i really like it. I don't think the speed between the two is that much. On there web sight they say 335 with a 420gr arrow. My 320 is shooting a BBE arrow 420grs at 321 so 14 fps is hardly a make or break speed. The poundage is about the same. The accudraw is a good feature.But adds weight. Both bows naked are very close to the same weight. The 320 is 3.4" shorter and you can change the string or buz cables with out a press.
    Both good bows backed by good companies.
    Good luck with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    There you have it, lol coming from a man who has both.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

You know you're fishing in the right pond when nobody can give you a firm yay or nay answer.
    Micro 335
    Black and Camo
    Hawke XB30

Quote Originally Posted by 202gwg View Post
    :-)

Both such good bows theres no wrong answer and this one you have to make all on your own lol All I will say is if you were getting the mxb I'd get bare bow because none of their scopes are that great and if I were getting the SS I'd upgrade to the range master. Its a good scope and worth the extra $100. Not the proview 11 isn't a good scope but the range master is better and will sit up higher. The cheek weld is high on the SS. If they were both the same price it would be a no brainer....SS all day long but its hard times we live in and I know every dollar counts so it still comes down to no wrong answer....sorry :-)
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by 202gwg View Post
    :-)

Both such good bows theres no wrong answer and this one you have to make all on your own lol All I will say is if you were getting the mxb I'd get bare bow because none of their scopes are that great and if I were getting the SS I'd upgrade to the range master. Its a good scope and worth the extra $100. Not the proview 11 isn't a good scope but the range master is better and will sit up higher. The cheek weld is high on the SS. If they were both the same price it would be a no brainer....SS all day long but its hard times we live in and I know every dollar counts so it still comes down to no wrong answer....sorry :-)
    Matrix 380

Well....I say if you like the Mission, then buy it. Take the money you save and get better optics/arrows. Maybe get a nice rangefinder.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Excalibur Micro

One was so good that Pin bought it twice!

I've shot both a couple times, and it is the Stealth SS for me.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

I will probably get my head chewed off for saying this but this is only my opinion and I'll be honest, I have not shot or held the Mission but I do have the Stealth SS. I personally don't think the Mission looks like it built to be a hunting bow. The SS looks to be built much better and that it could take more abuse from hunting, I also noticed on a video of the 320 that the one the guy was shooting appeared to have a lot of down pressure on the string to the rail. Although it does look to be very light, it just doesn't look to be durable. Like I said, this is just my opinion.
    TenPoint Stealth SS

Wow! Such great and well thought out answers! Thanks a ton, the money is really not a issue because I sold a bow and have enough cabelas points to buy the stealth, also I have nerve damage in my hand so I most likely will need the accu draw, they both are nice nice bows . Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by brenth View Post
    I will probably get my head chewed off for saying this but this is only my opinion and I'll be honest, I have not shot or held the Mission but I do have the Stealth SS. I personally don't think the Mission looks like it built to be a hunting bow. The SS looks to be built much better and that it could take more abuse from hunting, I also noticed on a video of the 320 that the one the guy was shooting appeared to have a lot of down pressure on the string to the rail. Although it does look to be very light, it just doesn't look to be durable. Like I said, this is just my opinion.
    ^^^
    This...

But I have handled the Mission bow, but I have not shot it.

For me it did not handle or shoulder as well as the Stealth SS. The Stealth SS was love at first handling for me.

I now own a Stealth SS and really like it...

Have you looked at the bowtech stryker strykezone 350? 350 fps with only a 135# pull! 600-650 range with scope, quiver, and arrows. Check it out.
    Authorized Dealer for Bowtech, Diamond, and Stryker.

I did and I posted twice too lol but the way things are now being bogged down I don't know if it takes :-)
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRiverHA View Post
    Have you looked at the bowtech stryker strykezone 350? 350 fps with only a 135# pull! 600-650 range with scope, quiver, and arrows. Check it out.
    Yep. I have a SZ350 also (and like it) but I still think the Stealth SS wins hands down.
    TenPoint Stealth SS

Quote Originally Posted by brenth View Post
    Yep. I have a SZ350 also (and like it) but I still think the Stealth SS wins hands down.
    why is that?
    Authorized Dealer for Bowtech, Diamond, and Stryker.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRiverHA View Post
    why is that?
    To me the Stealth fits much better and is more accurate. Im also using the same set up on arrows for both bows. But the fit just feels much better and I think that anytime you are more comfortable with something it will work better for you. Don't get me wrong though because the SZ is also shooting very accurate.
    TenPoint Stealth SS

Personal preferences :-) The cost difference (whether one can afford it or not) should be a deciding factor. I've written reviews on both crossbows and shot both quite a bit. The 320, which should actually be named 330, is much quieter shooting, lighter in weight and quality built as is the SS. I like both.....just 2 different concepts of what a hunting crossbow should be.........no help, huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

If I had the extra money I'd take the stealth. Both bows are very nice.
    Mission MXB-320 - Hawke 3x32 - Spitfire Edge
    Scorpyd Vent 125 - Hawke XB30 Compact - Executioners - Lumenoks

Quote Originally Posted by outback1 View Post
    Wow! Such great and well thought out answers! Thanks a ton, the money is really not a issue because I sold a bow and have enough cabelas points to buy the stealth, also I have nerve damage in my hand so I most likely will need the accu draw, they both are nice nice bows . Thank you .
    That makes your decision for you then :-) Even though the 320 is easy to cock they don't have a cocking device as of now and in your situation get the stealth.
    Matrix 380

Buy the Ten Point ...
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

the ten point might be easier to sell later....?
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    I agree for some reason.
    Excalibur Y25. Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout. Axiom SMF.
    TenPoint Turbo XLT. TenPoint Stealth SS.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.
    Free Men Need Not Ask To Bear Arms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast