Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowtech Carbon Knight feedback

Bowtech Carbon Knight feedback

I recently got to shoot the Carbon Knight, I have absolutely no complaints on it, in fact I am trying to either sale my Mathews switchback xt to buy one. I am curious as to how many people on here currently have one and if they have any minor defects or complaints about the bow. Also as to any additional add-ons that may be more suited for this bow. Like I was saying though, I didn't have any complaints when shooting it although the draw length was about a inch and a half to two inches shorter then what I shoot. I am hoping to have one in hand before this coming season and I know it's only a couple months away and I know I can get it tuned if need be fairly quickly. Please let me know what y'all like or dislike on this bow!

I love mine and would recommend a Ktech Designs string suppressor on it to do two things add a few ounces to the lower part of the bow and really silence it down. The other thing I put on mine was a 5" Axion Cloud stabilizer.

I also purchased one and so far I can't complain. It actually shoots flatter then my CPXL. I wanted something lighter and a shorter ATA to hunt antelope, both spot and stalk as well as shooting out of a blind. I do believe a little longer stab with more weight at the end helps. As far as draw length mine was right on. Overall I like it, is it as smooth as the expierence maybe not but it's also $150 bucks cheaper. I would put its shootability right with the assassin. Blake
    Bowtech Carbon Knight-Mathews Chill R
    "Hunting is a privilege don't abuse it."

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm hoping to have one before season starts! I have looked at those axion stabilizers with the multiple dampers. When I shot the bow at the proshop I didnt notice much if anything after the shot in the hand. I was also going to try to see if my Mathews hdII drop away will work on it and if not go back to the whisker biscuit until I can put a newer drop away on it.

I am loving mine. Some dont like the looks or the finish but I actually do. All set up it holds great for me and has zero vibe at the shot. the backwall is really solid as well. Mine gets about 334 IBO rating

I added an 8" B Stinger Hunter on to the front of mine and love it. I'm looking into the Ktech some guys are adding as well.

I just purchased the Carbon Knight last friday. This is the first bow I have purchased in 14 years. I went in the shop wanting the Spyder 30 but was open to everything. I shot everything from Mathews, Hoyts, and the Bowtechs and I was very pleased with the way the Bowtech felt, drew, and shot. I loved the Experience but couldnt drop the cash on it and I kept going back to the Carbon Knight and fell in love with it. I love the black finish. Other may want the camo but I had already made my mind up I wanted the black on whatever I purchased. I have to admit 70lbs was a bit much for me so I have it turned down to 64lbs and I have a very smooth draw now. I love how quiet the bow is and the speed compaired to my old Reflex. I put my wisker biscuit and Tru glow sights 5 pin sight which are only a year old off my old bow on the carbon knight and got everything tuned up. I am very happy with everything about this bow so far. No complaints.

Glad you like it. I picked up the AXT Helix k2 quiver yesterday for it.

I would like to see your set-ups on your Knights. I will try and get some pics tonight and post them. The more I shoot mine the more impressed I am with it. Blake

If you listen to some of the people on here you will be sorry you bought it. Its a plastic toy that is super cheap to make and Bowtech robbed you with the price. Good thing I dont listen to most things Im told on the internet

I am interested in this bow..I put a Knightmare on layaway tonight but after its home,i want a Carbon Knight...I would like to hear more about this bow...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Well most are comparing it to other companies flagship bows which really isnt fair. Its not meant to be a flagship bow. Its alot like their Assassin which is a fine bow by the way. It is different theres no doubt about it. I actually like the feel of the riser. I like the bow much better set up. I was able to put on my SpotHogg Hoggit sight which always felt to heavy on other bows and a decent weight stabilizer. The bow is still light but not crazy unholdable light if that makes sense. It balances great for me but I do like short bows. The draw is a little harsh but steady all the way back and the back wall is awesome. I was shooting it at 50 yards today and it really impressed me. It definetly isnt for everyone but I dont think its a plastic kids bow as some say. IMO just because a bow isnt $1,000 + doesnt mean it cant shoot great

I did not care for it the first time I shot one but after we tuned it and set it up with a nice rest man this thing could be a sleeper for sure. Those of you that have one I hope you enjoy it.
    Bowtech Insanity black ops 70lbs, HHA DS5519, Axion Pulse
    Mathews Chill black, 70lbs, HHA, Axion Pulse rest

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    Well most are comparing it to other companies flagship bows which really isnt fair. Its not meant to be a flagship bow. Its alot like their Assassin which is a fine bow by the way. It is different theres no doubt about it. I actually like the feel of the riser. I like the bow much better set up. I was able to put on my SpotHogg Hoggit sight which always felt to heavy on other bows and a decent weight stabilizer. The bow is still light but not crazy unholdable light if that makes sense. It balances great for me but I do like short bows. The draw is a little harsh but steady all the way back and the back wall is awesome. I was shooting it at 50 yards today and it really impressed me. It definetly isnt for everyone but I dont think its a plastic kids bow as some say. IMO just because a bow isnt $1,000 + doesnt mean it cant shoot great
    A lot of Bs on this site.I understand all companies make great bows...I think i will order one in a month or so.I Would like to try and shoot it if i can find it around here before i do that.I like bows under 34" ata and i want a Bowtech, i never got the Invasion i wanted,now this carbon bow appears and i think it would be great to take with me on Moose trips.Light,Fast and would be great to add to the collection...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Will keep you informed on how the new riser is holding up.

Attachment 1742503

Attachment 1742504

Here is my set-up on the new Carbon Knight set at 65 pounds. HHA ultra site, QAD pro rest, smooth stability stabalizer, limb saver broadbands on limbs and cable slide, and redone octane quiver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am just getting into Binary cams and i must say..They are my favourite out of any cams..I Really like the look of this bow.And i will own one soon enough,probably by November...Grizz

OP and Grizz...I love mine. I'm not bow savvy, only been shooting since 2009. My one buddy shoots a Mathews Drenalin, other buddy shoots a PSE and my dad shoots a Hoyt. I have my first bow which is a Diamond Rock with 60-70 lb limbs as backup. I have wanted to move to a 50-60 lb bow. I happened to just walk in to my dealer the first day the CK showed up and walked out with it, wasn't even looking to buy a new bow this season. I have NO issues whatsoever holding the bow on target....I actually shoot better with this bow than my other bow. With my stab, sight, quiver and rest all mounted on it, I like it, it's still relatively light. The grip that others complain about, doesn't bother me, I get that some don't like it. I also drive a Toyota Tundra and not Chevy, Dodge or Ford. I don't squeeze it and torque it, it rests in the crook of my thumb and forefinger. I have no hand shock and the bow doesn't jump out of my hands, after the shot, it just drops. Like I said above, I'd like to look at adding the Ktech string suppressor though and adding the bowjax to the cable slide...and then I think I'll be done. There is a sound after the shot....not loud...not sure exactly what from. Not any louder than my other bow, just different. It's quieted down with the limbsavers. I think there's a lot of noise from the arrows themselves. I added felt to the shelf to negate any noise from my QAD drop away. We'll just have to put it through some real world experience and see what happens that's all. I'm having fun shooting everyday and that's all that counts. As to the OP, there are no defects, no flaking limbs, no cracking...ha ha...no anything. I haven't dropped it yet from 20' up, I haven't accidentally run over it with my truck. I never dropped my old bow or ran over it with the truck either. My bow season opens up in 13 days and I can't wait to get out. This is my first year shooting 3D and I'm having a blast. I'll get a pic outside tomorrow night at the 3D shoot with the new quiver on it. That's actually my only complaint and it's not that big of a deal. You can only get a sight mounted quiver.....ehh so what.
    IMG_4455.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    I am interested in this bow..I put a Knightmare on layaway tonight but after its home,i want a Carbon Knight...I would like to hear more about this bow...Grizz
    After shooting a knightmare you won't want the carbon knight, to jumpy, a little noisy, spongy backwall, nothing compared to an obsession. I do however like the bow, but the fact of the matter is the carbon knight is by no means an 800 dollar piece of equipment. The assassin shoots better, and cost less...

I wouldn't say it has a spongy backwall at all it's the most solid of my insanity and assassin. It was a little load till I added limbsavers and a stab it is not as quite as my assassin but comparable to the insanity. It will make a good spot and stalk bow. Blake

Can't really understand how someone that has actually shot it can say it has a spongy backwall. It has a limb stop. My experience backwall does not even come close to being as solid. Its like a brick wall when you hit it, It doesn't move. Ridiculous! The knightmare might be a better bow but the to say the carbon knight backwall is spongy seems a little slanderous.
    Too jumpy = maybe for some without a stabalizer
    A little noisy = I could see how you could come up with that
    Nothing compaired to the obession = personal preference im cool with that
    Spongy back wall = you havent shot it or you don't remember the backwall from when you did.
    Like it or don't but be honest.

Can't really understand how someone that has actually shot it can say it has a spongy backwall. It has a limb stop. My experience backwall does not even come close to being as solid. Its like a brick wall when you hit it, It doesn't move. Ridiculous! The knightmare might be a better bow but the to say the carbon knight backwall is spongy seems a little slanderous.
    Too jumpy = maybe for some without a stabalizer
    A little noisy = I could see how you could come up with that
    Nothing compaired to the obession = personal preference im cool with that
    Spongy back wall = you havent shot it or you don't remember the backwall from when you did.
    Like it or don't but be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    After shooting a knightmare you won't want the carbon knight, to jumpy, a little noisy, spongy backwall, nothing compared to an obsession. I do however like the bow, but the fact of the matter is the carbon knight is by no means an 800 dollar piece of equipment. The assassin shoots better, and cost less...
    Spongy back wall? Are you kidding me? Just how does the assassin shoot better?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4

The only way a Carbon Knight has a spongy backwall is if someone removed the drawstop off the upper cam.

I shot the Carbon Knight as well, the bow does not have a spongy back wall, or jumpy or noisy or have a lot of vibration. I think it is an awesome bow.

The draw is smooth, back wall solid, shoots quiet and not much vibe. I was waiting as well to shoot the bow so I went asap to get my hands on one.

I was surprised about every attribute the bows has, despite no features like the Experience. I asked the guy at the shop why it don't have this or that he said wait until they release another bow with all the goodies. He said Bowtech probably made it to make Hoyt look bad, making an equal or better performing bow for less money. Don't get me wrong Hoyts make nice bows but I don't like their back wall.

I think after you put all the accessories on it, It will add more weight and no vibe at all, maybe. I shot it without any thing on it just how it came to the shop and it performed well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast