a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Can I post Club Looking for members here??

Can I post Club Looking for members here??

Can I post an add letting people know I am looking for 2 members for my lease in IL?

I posted a thread in another section and got my hand slapped.

Not without sponsorship by you or the lease/land owner

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Not without sponsorship by you or the lease/land owner
    Where can I put an add? If I am not a sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by 167_12PT View Post
    Where can I put an add? If I am not a sponsor?
    Sorry but there is no place to post it here on AT without sponsorship

Why can any one post just about anything for sale (ATV, bow, clothing, boots, archery accessories, stands, blinds, much, much more), but we cant post a request for someone to come hunt with our group (unless you pay to advertise)? I am not trying to make money, I'm just trying to fill my club, hopefully meeting good new friends.

There is no logic in this. Am I missing something??

Because it is indirectly selling/leasing for the property owner.

No different than users trying to sell archery equipment here for shops who do not sponsor.

There is no way for us to tell if its your ground or soneone elses.

So land and leases require sponsorships

Quote Originally Posted by 167_12PT View Post
    Why can any one post just about anything for sale (ATV, bow, clothing, boots, archery accessories, stands, blinds, much, much more), but we cant post a request for someone to come hunt with our group (unless you pay to advertise)? I am not trying to make money, I'm just trying to fill my club, hopefully meeting good new friends.

There is no logic in this. Am I missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Because it is indirectly selling/leasing for the property owner.

No different than users trying to sell archery equipment here for shops who do not sponsor.

There is no way for us to tell if its your ground or soneone elses.

So land and leases require sponsorships
    Worst logic I've seen to date. This is why forums have moderators, to weed out those who appear to post in an attempt to make a profit. Genuine people looking for club members should be perfectly acceptable.

Its a shame anyone with a "sponsorship" can post on here and price gouge, when places like eders are cheaper anyway.

I was wondering why I quit visiting this site.

Tell me how its possible to tell who here owns land?

Quote Originally Posted by bukshot01 View Post
    Worst logic I've seen to date. This is why forums have moderators, to weed out those who appear to post in an attempt to make a profit. Genuine people looking for club members should be perfectly acceptable.

Its a shame anyone with a "sponsorship" can post on here and price gouge, when places like eders are cheaper anyway.

I was wondering why I quit visiting this site.

Well apparently he posted where the "sponsors should be posting" correct, according to your "rules", the AT Sponsor Outlet Mall would be where "sponsors" post their hunts,leases or products and the classifieds would be where the normal, off the street person looking to sell an item, looking for people to join them on cooperative leases or leasing their own property would post their ads. Obviously someone trying to offload or sell multiple leases would raise a flag, and it's not like you're not all over it now. So since there is a classified section and an AT Supporting Manufacturer Outlet Mall and they were obviously set up that way for a reason at some point in time that would only make sense. I have to look through multiple ads in the classifieds by sponsors when all of their ads should be in the AT Outlet, but even they know no one looks at the section and now you are trying to take over the free classifieds probably because someone along the line complained that the sponsor cost and the lack of sales/calls/contacts was not worth the cost when Joe Schmoe can go sell his old bow for free. And going back to you, So since Athens paid to be a sponsor,they did as a company, and you are going around and posting their name all over the forum. I see that Athens could post some Ads, because they have their stars but you don't, but really a moderator should not be advertising especially since you do not have your stars. A moderator should not be a way to advertise on a paid forum especially when you may play dirty with other sponsors/manufacturers. A moderator is a neutral party, but by advertising you are no longer neutral since you support 1 party, but as you mentioned before in the classifieds, as long as you have your stars.....

LOL, Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Well apparently he posted where the "sponsors should be posting" correct, according to your "rules", the AT Sponsor Outlet Mall would be where "sponsors" post their hunts,leases or products and the classifieds would be where the normal, off the street person looking to sell an item, looking for people to join them on cooperative leases or leasing their own property would post their ads. Obviously someone trying to offload or sell multiple leases would raise a flag, and it's not like you're not all over it now. So since there is a classified section and an AT Supporting Manufacturer Outlet Mall and they were obviously set up that way for a reason at some point in time that would only make sense. I have to look through multiple ads in the classifieds by sponsors when all of their ads should be in the AT Outlet, but even they know no one looks at the section and now you are trying to take over the free classifieds probably because someone along the line complained that the sponsor cost and the lack of sales/calls/contacts was not worth the cost when Joe Schmoe can go sell his old bow for free. And going back to you, So since Athens paid to be a sponsor,they did as a company, and you are going around and posting their name all over the forum. I see that Athens could post some Ads, because they have their stars but you don't, but really a moderator should not be advertising especially since you do not have your stars. A moderator should not be a way to advertise on a paid forum especially when you may play dirty with other sponsors/manufacturers. A moderator is a neutral party, but by advertising you are no longer neutral since you support 1 party, but as you mentioned before in the classifieds, as long as you have your stars.....

Like everything, once the $$$$.$$ start piling up, it spoils it for the rest of us! 167_12PT is advertising for a club, it matters not one single dime to me, it only makes it harder for me and people like me trying to find a decent place for them (and in my case), their kids hunting. I can only hope that he and any others that have a club or lease, try to PM me, email me, CONTACT ME! Since I am most likely going to have to take my kids to the Management area this next season, NOT the way I want to take them into their 1st hunting season! Being disabled, I can not carry a ladder stand in the morning of my hunt, I wanted to prepare that ahead of time, and be able to leave it, cant do that on public lands!

I know this is a great forum, I think in some instances the original "idea" got lost in the dollars and cents of it all!