Thread: Video Camera's?

Video Camera's?

Okay so who on here video's there own hunts? Well I would like to hear what kind of camera's you guys use. I've thought about picking one up but want to get it soon because I will attach it to my bow and I want to shoot it with the camera on there so I get used to the extra weight. I would like to hear pros/cons of some cameras you guys use. Probably not looking to spend more than $300 total. Let me know if that's not a good number too. I'm not looking to make a show or anything. I just want my kids to get to see what I am seeing in the woods. try to get them excited about hunting.
    Thanks
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Okay so who on here video's there own hunts? Well I would like to hear what kind of camera's you guys use. I've thought about picking one up but want to get it soon because I will attach it to my bow and I want to shoot it with the camera on there so I get used to the extra weight. I would like to hear pros/cons of some cameras you guys use. Probably not looking to spend more than $300 total. Let me know if that's not a good number too. I'm not looking to make a show or anything. I just want my kids to get to see what I am seeing in the woods. try to get them excited about hunting.
    Thanks
    BB
    I am actually looking for the same thing. Bill winke has a q&a area on Midwest Whitetail and he answers a lot of camera questions on his website. I would be curious to hear what the folks on here think....

If you're looking for something to attach to your bow, either a GoPro or a Sony Action Cam would be good choices
    Elite Energy 35
    JBK Bowstrings Pro-Staff

I have two GoPro's, an original Hero HD and I just got a brand new GoPro Hero 3 "Black Edition" a few months ago that will be finding it's way into the woods with me this season. I can't vouch for ANY other brand of cameras out there, but I do stand by my GoPro's. They come with massive amounts of mounting options including super sticky clip mounts that you see on skateboard/motorcycle helmets, head strap mount, chest mount, roll cage mounts, handle bar mounts - A.K.A. tree branch mounts ;-) etc etc.
    I have the original cam mounted to my stabilizer and I'm pondering the idea of mounting the Hero 3 down closer to ground level for a third person type perspective. BTW, the Black edition cameras come standard with WiFi and a wireless remote, which under perfect conditions boasts a 600 foot range.
    If you can only drop $300 then you'd have the options for the $250 "Silver" edition or the $200 "White" edition. Both come with WiFi. However, for $30 more (minus the cost of a memory card) you could get the Black Edition. Small, lightweight, versatile, shock proof and when encased in the waterproof case they are just that, waterproof. But, NO ZOOM.
    http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras
    '08 Diamond "The Rock"
    28.5" DL / 63 lbs.

IT1(SW) US Navy 11/24/97 - 06/30/09
    OEF / OIF