Thread: Maitland Archery.. Why?

Maitland Archery.. Why?

Hope my title grabed ya'.

I want people perspective on how the bow holds on target. I hear the hype but want it from the horses (Bow owners) mouth. I am thinking of looking for a used maitland to mess around with after season. So whitch bow should I look for, and why!!!! bow would be for hunting/3D. My DL is 28" Give me details.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Hope my title grabed ya'.

I want people perspective on how the bow holds on target. I hear the hype but want it from the horses (Bow owners) mouth. I am thinking of looking for a used maitland to mess around with after season. So whitch bow should I look for, and why!!!! bow would be for hunting/3D. My DL is 28" Give me details.

Thanks,
    Best bow I've ever owned. I have 2 a Retributions, man what a bow. The cam systems are very adjustable and the draw cycle in amazingly smooth. now humps or weird things going on during the draw, just a smooth pull and then you are in the valley.The bows hold great on the target, they are very quiet and dead in the hand at the shot.

You will not be disappointed if you get one.

I have a Kinetic on order and from what I understand, it's an excellent bow also.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

I've always wanted a Maitland. Picked up a 2011 retribution with the vtr cams in the classifieds for a pretty hood deal. It will be here today. Can't wait"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric131 View Post
    I've always wanted a Maitland. Picked up a 2011 retribution with the vtr cams in the classifieds for a pretty hood deal. It will be here today. Can't wait"
    I really like my retribution. I think you will be happy with you'rs. The VTR system is a little more adjustable than the VTX and quite a bit faster. The draw is a bit stiffer than the VTX but still very smooth.

After deer season I will be doing a write up on the VTX, VTR and Agressor cam system. My goal is to document how to adjust them and what to look for. i am still learning these systems so it will be interactive. Hopefully other people will chime in with help, hints and tips.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

I would go with the Raptor 3D. It has the longtec riser and great speed. If you go to the session you will be giving up 15-20fps which would be huge, especially for 28" draw. I have mine set up at 60# 27.75" draw with Easton Carbon Ones and I get 293fps. It is very easy to tune and holds very well. Its an awesome bow, I took 1st in 3 out of 4 MN state shoots in this year with mine.

A staff shooter of mine has a Session and a Raptor. He said he can't tell a difference between the two, that they both held great on the target.
    BMB Custom Strings
    Kwik Shooter - Precision Archery Tuning Equipment

I've had 2 Zeus' and 2 Retributions. (2010 & 2011) I miss the 2010 with the VTX cams. That thing held a 60 yard pin like you had it nailed to a tree.

I have a Orange Raptor 3D on order. Kinda "chomping at the bit" to get.

Look for a Retribution if you want to conserve money. Best money you will ever spend.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

I got a Halo 34 and i just love the way it shoots and holds. Since I started using that to shoot 3d, my scores went up 5-10pts on the average. It makes my Vendetta XL feel like a boat anchor when I pick it up.

I definitely going to pick up a zeus or a raptor after hunting season

Interested myself...I have been looking at Maitland from a far for a couple of years but have never been able to put my hands on one...

The Raptor 3d has awesome specs... I would love to get my mitts wrapped around one it would make me an awesome 3d and hunting bow! Unfortunately used Maitlands seam to go quick and hold good value (a very good sign) and I just can't bring myself to let go of the money sight unseen

Do they all have mods for draw length? Easy to tune? Make listed speeds?