Archery Talk Forum banner

Toxic

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  tallnhairy 
#1 ·
So I get a new Toxic today. Fired a couple shots at the shop, come home and fire off a half dozen or so more. I put the next one in and fire and it sounds like a gun just went off. My string is broken, my cam is bent and my brand new never before fired carbon bolt is 10 yards away buried in the ground with a broken moon nock. I wanted to cry lol. I'm overly anal about making sure points and nocks are secure and that the bolt is properly loaded. So what do you think could have happened? My bow shop guy is great and said bring it in ASAP. As well as the bolts I was shooting. What a switch from the high of a new toy to the ringing in my ear all night long :-/ thanks for listening lol

See less See more
#5 ·
Glad u guys are ok. PSE warrantied the string but not the cam on mine. Bow shop said its fine to shoot. Just a lil bent. I haven't shot it since I picked it up last week. Dont trust it. Especially now hearing you story. Anxious to hear what happens on your end...

#8 ·
Nocks with the cut groove inside are very weak. Who ever designed these does not have understanding of physics. Plastic nocks need to be robustly designed such as on the Red Hot Arrows. Aluminum nocks are much stronger than the cut slit plastic nocks.

#10 ·
I bought a PSC fang today brought it home cited in heard it in a vise gun vise that is shot it one last time the string jumped cam bent the cam and sell all of the strings are broken I'm seeing the 2015 PSC's seem to be plagued with problems about this bow on a whim wish I had to wait until after the show and just bought me a mission 400

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.