a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Clearance Horton Bow at Bass Pro Online

Clearance Horton Bow at Bass Pro Online

Got the flyer today for thier online only specials and saw this Horton. I notice there is no disclaimer letting customers know that Horton is no longer and they have zero warranty if this thing craps out on them. I feel sorry for people who buy these things with places like Bass Pro not being upfront about why it is on clearance!!!

http://www.basspro.com/Horton-Team-R...duct/10206640/

Love your crossbow? Join the ranks of the American Crossobow Federation so others might have the same opportunity you do.

Pretty shifty...

Very irresponsible of Bass Pro IMO, to not make potential buyers aware of the situation with Horton.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

I saw this and thought the same thing. I also think the same thing when I see people buying Horton bows in the various classifieds. I know if they are bought used there would be know warranty but now there would no parts possibly as well.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Spot Hogg Real Deal w/Wrap
    Rip Cord Code Red, K-Tech 5" Twin/ KSB1
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 450s, Nockturnals, NAP Killzone TT
    Mathews T5 Quiver

See the used ones in classifieds is somewhat understandable. I mean honestly very few hunters realize Horton even went under. So you could assume the seller doesn't know they are out of business either.

If you see them posted used on ArcheryTalk, you could also assume the seller AND the buyer already know. I mean it would be impossible not to, unless you pay zero attention to what is posted around here.
    Love your crossbow? Join the ranks of the American Crossobow Federation so others might have the same opportunity you do.

Natchez is dumping their Horton inventory as well. Some good deals if you want a Horton

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...0&src=exrbSrch

with a disclaimer. Factory Closeouts! Pricing Too Good To Pass Up. All product is NEW in the original packaging. No Waranty included.

Pretty dirty of bass pro IMO.

The TRT is a good shooting little bow I used one the entire season in 2012 and never had any issues. Good deal at 299.00!
    2015 PSE Decree (on order soon) HHA Optimizer, Gold Tip Hunters, Grim Reaper Fatal Steel, Axion Stab, Axion Pulse rest , Ridgerunner Sling

Natchez has a sale in Horton bows too. I didn't read it though, si I didn't notice if they mentioned it or not. Fury going for $349.

I work at Bass Pro and we havent sold one Horton without letting the customer know that they are no longer in business. I tell them its the Bic lighter of Xbows now. You use them till it fails then toss it in the garbage. Some still buy them and take a chance.
    Energy 35 Max1 and Pulse Ninja because they work for me Waiting on a Ninja Victory

Have you shot your bow today?

There are Horton Fury's for sale on this site @ $595...

I went to bass pro this past weekend and all the Horton bows had a checkbox with a no warranty on them and marked down very low, almost bought a brotherhood for like 175 bucks but I don't its worth it still
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

Quote Originally Posted by hjort jagare View Post
    I work at Bass Pro and we havent sold one Horton without letting the customer know that they are no longer in business. I tell them its the Bic lighter of Xbows now. You use them till it fails then toss it in the garbage. Some still buy them and take a chance.
    Good for you! Thank you for being honest with customers!
    2015 PSE Decree (on order soon) HHA Optimizer, Gold Tip Hunters, Grim Reaper Fatal Steel, Axion Stab, Axion Pulse rest , Ridgerunner Sling

I'm sure if you go to the store the archery pro's well be straight for you. But when you order off the internet there is nobody there to tell you! And I highly doubt people taking phone orders know Horton is out of business either!!! Bass Pro still does A LOT of mail order. There should be a disclaimer in the clearance catalog I have, and there isn't!!!

I was unaware that Horton was sold and went to Bass Pro, Olathe KS, yesterday. I just want to say, they were very clear and upfront at this location about the Zero Warranty issue, when I inquired about this crossbow. Just proves People make the difference, not the brand name. I didn't purchase based on that fact alone, however I did like the features of that crossbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkstalkr View Post
    Got the flyer today for thier online only specials and saw this Horton. I notice there is no disclaimer letting customers know that Horton is no longer and they have zero warranty if this thing craps out on them. I feel sorry for people who buy these things with places like Bass Pro not being upfront about why it is on clearance!!!

http://www.basspro.com/Horton-Team-R...duct/10206640/

I saw that too.....pretty crappy of BPS
    Gregg
    Camx Chaos 325

Where is the trt for 299.00?

Here ya go:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...src=tpSlrByr19

But I wouldn't buy a TRT if I was you. They had serious problems with the stocks cracking, or so I am told!

Now I think even less of BP than I did before.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

I know most guys don't like big box stores on here but I'll say that I work for the Cabela's in KC in archery anyway. When I saw that Horton was done, we gathered all the Horton stuff up and hauled it to the bargain cave and made sure to tell everyone who asked about it that Horton was no more and that if they bought a bow, we would help them the best we could but there would be no manufacturer backing the product. I'm also happy to say that if you type "Horton" in the search on our website, you won't get a single Horton item to come up. I feel bad for the folks buying without knowing.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

i feel bad for the guy who payed $649.99 3 months ago,
    only to find the same crossbow for $299.99 today.
    i think i would be sick..
    sz350--B.R.O./M.F.O. sight
    quest g5 rogue