LP light for FITA Filed

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

LP light for FITA Filed

I am getting ready to shoot a FITA field round and decided to go with an up pin vice a dot on my lens with that being said I use a blue fiber and LP light kit for 3D is this set up legal for FITA field shoots.

Nope. Cant have electronics on a bow for FITA events.

thats the way i read the rule as well.... what color fiber do you recommend. I am thinking red...

Red is actually one of the hardest colors to see...and it is the dullest color as far as fibers go. If your color blind at all red is probably a no no.

The brightest color is green....I prefer orange. But yellow and green also work for me...but I can also use red during the summer when there are no leaves on the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like blue fiber. Used it the couple years I shot 3d and never needed the light on. Used it for 1 field course and never had an issue. Use it for hunting as well, and only time I needed a light is if I was in a blind. To me, its the brightest on all color faces.

Black target with a dull gold center causes a lot of problems choosing colors. In the past I have used an orange or green stick on dot. This year I will use a red fiber so it doesn't wash out as much.
    Mike Marlow, ASA, FAA and NFAA member
    ASA Area Rep NW Florida

I had a red 0.019" fiber (for Field scope) before and wanted a black dot for FITA scope. FYI both are 29mm with a quick swap on my Shibuya CPX
    so, loaned a 0.160" dot from a friend, it was perfect for 90-70 but it was just way to big covering the gold entirely (9's and the 10) on 50
    so got myself a 0.140" black dot and my 50 scores improved a lot
    these changes all within a month....some of my friends having orange or red dots, all depends I guess from person to person. I need something high contrast....
    but than...what about having a glow fiber that size instead of a black dot?
    so ordered from Shrewd several sizes and after a first minute I just love that 0.120" red fiber big enough for 70-60 not much room aroound in gold and big enough for 50 as well, I would say comfortable size...
    so...don't be afraid to try different scenarios...
    OK Archery - abs40, Shibuya, Beiter, CarboFast,