Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you now hunt Sundays in PA?

VA is the same and I guess I can see why.... NO ONE would EVER go to church if you could hunt Sundays.

2014 PSE Surge
    NAP Apache stabilizer
    Easton Carbon Aftermath arrows

More fun crap to come

Ohio didn't allow it when I was kid ,stupid law

Quote Originally Posted by PAbowhunter8993 View Post
    Agreed there is no managing in PA its got horns 3 on 1 side shoot.... half the guys I meet they are all the same. Tail shooter's I call them, and when I whip out my phone and shot them the buck thats pushing 145-150 im huntin this year they all **** there pants. Bottom line im an avid PA hunter with QDM in place and i got monsters walkin around y'all trigger happy so called hunters need to learn to pass up a 2 1/2 year old 8 point or a 1 1/2 year old 6 or 7 and let them grow. But I digress keep doing your drives and blowing the heards out and see how slow this sunday hunting lawsuit goes. watch out for that orange jumpsuit squad if yall are hunting state land
    Yup 100%. Lol orange jumpsuit squads lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    I don't really care either way anymore. I think our good hunting is all about gone unless you own a big farm. For example I used to be able to bow hunt a few farms and there was no one else hunting there. Now one 60 acre farm has at least 7 other hunters there. I know some don't mind the new Pa xbow law but I will say 6 of those other hunters use an xbow. Its the same thing on each farm I'm able to hunt. I know they say total hunter numbers are down but not in archery season that's for sure. Some say the xbow will have no effect on deer numbers since there are still only a set number of tags but it certainly ruined archery season in my area. Saturdays in archery are like the first day of rifle around me. Its crazy! Maybe its selfish of me to want the archery woods the way it was ( which will never happen) but I'm just being honest
    Mirrors my observations exactly. There are so many more "bowhunters" now that xbows are legal. Im my home area of SE Pa there are block targets and 3D deer targets in multiple yards where I've never seen them before.
    I'm jealous of the guys from other states that come on here and legitimately say "we need more hunters", lucky them.
    Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by thencprince1515 View Post
    Speaking of Doe License, did anyone get theirs back yet?
    My daughter and I have had 2C tags in hand for probably a month....

And PA in still in the dark ages with a lot more than just Sunday hunting..... Why do I need to go to two separate "special stores" just to get adult libations?

Did I mention that I work 6 days a week... Monday thru SATURDAY.
    Steve in South West PA

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemGrow View Post
    How would we lower buck tags?
    Why does it matter what day you shoot your ONE buck?
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemGrow View Post
    In a state where we need to protect young bucks and many areas are "over harvested" why do we need more hunting days? There is no good management reason to add MORE days.

Basically any person or group who doesn't get their way starts a lawsuit anymore...
    When I was young and my dad was working his tail off all week I could not have been more thankful that Sunday hunting opened in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by nomansland View Post
    When I was young and my dad was working his tail off all week I could not have been more thankful that Sunday hunting opened in Ohio.
    Hopefully my son gets to experience more than one or two days of hunting all season as well, but I'm just being selfish.......
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

It does suck not being able to hunt Sundays in Pa. I remember growing up my dad would work all week and come the weekend I wanted to hunt and I would only be able to go one day with him. And if he worked Saturday morning it was only one evening. Now that I hunt both Pa and Ohio it doesn't really bother me. The one thing I will not do is rifle hunt in Pa. In my area it is just insane the number of people that just grab a gun and go out without doing anything like sighting their gun in and think they can hit a deer from 300 yards. I would like to see Pa go to slug gun only.

Dave,
    That's the boat I'm stuck in... Work 8-noon every Saturday. No hope of changing it without an employer switch... Add to that all of the hockey stuff i do (coach two of my younger daughters' teams as well as very heavily involved in officiating) and it's almost like I'm neglecting the older daughter. She doesn't want to look at pics on here, or watch any of the hunting shows. She says, "I want to go out and do it, not watch it." I literally have to look at the calendar and mark days in sharpie, then pray for good weather and not emergencies...

You don't realize just how much those 4 hours mean...... Working just those 4 hours on Saturday mucks up any plans we might want to have... A long weekend for me is when I get Saturday and Sunday... you guys that get 3, 4, 5 day weekends around the holidays - wow I miss those. Yes. I've been looking for the opportunity to change jobs but in the current climate with employers knocking a lot of the workforce down to 28 hours...... Kinda hard to jump to another ship.
    Steve in South West PA

No you can't hunt on sunday. Crows and Yotes that's I think yo can. I wish I could hunt Sunday it would be nice, but I think it would hurt the deer population even more in PA if they allow it, if they do they would have to shorten the rifle season or there will be no deer left.

I don't really care either way anymore. I think our good hunting is all about gone unless you own a big farm. For example I used to be able to bow hunt a few farms and there was no one else hunting there. Now one 60 acre farm has at least 7 other hunters there. I know some don't mind the new Pa xbow law but I will say 6 of those other hunters use an xbow. Its the same thing on each farm I'm able to hunt. I know they say total hunter numbers are down but not in archery season that's for sure. Some say the xbow will have no effect on deer numbers since there are still only a set number of tags but it certainly ruined archery season in my area. Saturdays in archery are like the first day of rifle around me. Its crazy! Maybe its selfish of me to want the archery woods the way it was ( which will never happen) but I'm just being honest

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4
    in agreement with your statement

States that argue farmers need relief from hunting pressures on Sundays are promoting a total line of (r@p. As stated earlier on this thread, most farmers never get Sunday off unless they make that decision for their own faith and/or mental health. Even then, I see no reason that someone else's hunting would infringe upon their rest.

The REAL reason for Sunday hunting blackouts goes back to old blue laws and a VERY narrow interpretation of Judeao-Christian Sabbath observance. Ironically, the Sabbath was intended to be a day of rest, reflection, and a time away from work. To my mind nothing achieves that end better than some time hunting! (And I still rarely miss church on Sundays too.) According to the old Jewish customs, only a person who makes his living as a hunter would be compelled by religion to take Sunday off from the woods.

Fortunately here in Wisconsin we have no such laws.

Quote Originally Posted by tdonovan55 View Post
    if they do they would have to shorten the rifle season or there will be no deer left.
    LOL...really?!?!?! Population is fine. IMHO, If your not seeing deer then you need to hunt harder!

All for sunday hunting here!

and, to the gent who said make all of PA slug gun only...you just stay quiet with that! LOL! Your gonna ruin my woodchuck hunting with that kinda talk!

They need to....

1. Allow Sunday hunting
    2. Make rifle season back to 1 week buck and 3 days doe.
    3. Keep the antler restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanp019 View Post
    They need to....

1. Allow Sunday hunting
    2. Make rifle season back to 1 week buck and 3 days doe.
    3. Keep the antler restriction

they also need to allow ar-15 type rifles legal to hunt coyotes and groundhogs with. make it a max 3 rounds just like they do for deer and bear.

there's nothing wrong with using them for hunting and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to use them!!!
    13' PSE Hammer / Black Gold Rush Sight / Tru-GLO Deadonator Stabilizer
    Trophy Ridge Revolution Rest
    Gold Tip Arrows / MUZZY 90 Gr. 4 Blade Heads

Has anyone eve been arrested in pA on sunday for hunting ?
    Game warden is off duty
    It would not hold water if one decided to actually hunt
    It will be expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Inc. View Post
    Has anyone eve been arrested in pA on sunday for hunting ?
    Game warden is off duty
    It would not hold water if one decided to actually hunt
    It will be expensive
    Game wardens work Sundays! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherP99 View Post
    LOL...really?!?!?! Population is fine. IMHO, If your not seeing deer then you need to hunt harder!

All for sunday hunting here!

and, to the gent who said make all of PA slug gun only...you just stay quiet with that! LOL! Your gonna ruin my woodchuck hunting with that kinda talk!
    Hey your in Reading on the other side of the state. Deer population in NW PA is down we Sven more hunters than any part of the state. Hunters whack doe around here like crazy since the new antler restriction and do hunt hard and usually fill my tags, but I see far less deer than 10-12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Musto View Post
    Why does it matter what day you shoot your ONE buck?
    You twisted this. I replied to someone who wants to add days to season but lower tag numbers. Now if a general license is needed to hunt and it is your buck tag how will we reduce buck tags? We won't; so we will shoot even more bucks in a state where we need to shoot less bucks. I haven't seen how adding more days to the season will help our deer herd?
    Keep smiling… It makes people wonder what you’ve been up to.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4
    Very True.
    When the man at the door said "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN BOBCAT View Post
    they also need to allow ar-15 type rifles legal to hunt coyotes and groundhogs with. make it a max 3 rounds just like they do for deer and bear.

there's nothing wrong with using them for hunting and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to use them!!!
    What's the point of a 3 round AR?
    Keep smiling… It makes people wonder what you’ve been up to.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalsteel View Post
    There is a group taking the Pa. Game commission to court on what they say is to strip the commission of it's power to delegate on what days you can hunt in Pa.
    Actually, the PAGC does not hold the authority to allow Sunday hunting. That is under the control of the lawmakers in the state. That needs to change. From my understanding, the PAGC wants to have the ability to determine hunting days (Sundays too) put in their control. But the lawmakers don't want to give that power up .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123