a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Can't get ahold of Maitland

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    1,071

    Can't get ahold of Maitland

    I've called and sent email. Anyone know what's up?



    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    californication
    Posts
    2,517
    Did you try calling Jen is sales?
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Battle Mountain, Nevada
    Posts
    13,756
    Pete's Archery in Linton IN is a Maitland Dealer.

    812-512-2987 is the phone number.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    reno
    Posts
    32
    Here's the thing folks... If you don't leave a message I don't know you've called. I do work a regular full time job!

  5. #5
    Hi Jen.
    I wrote an e-Mail a couple of weeks ago from Spain. Did you receive it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Idaho
    Posts
    881
    In the past I left several email and voicemail messages with no return but was able to come across a dealer that believes in Maitland's product so I order a LH Kinetic 6. He was told the LH risers will be assembled in September. I'm okay if Maitland prefers working thru a dealer (I actually prefer ordering thru a dealer) but they need to respond to customer's inquiries. The internet can be Maitland's friend or a nasty enemy............Looking forward to receiving my bow. Good luck.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Battle Mountain, Nevada
    Posts
    13,756
    Going through a dealer is how it's supposed to work. Your Dealer should be able to answer any question you may have.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

  8. #8
    OK, but ... why does they put their e-mail adress in their web-page?. As 'gkonduris' says ... Internet can be a nasty enemy. I hope they reconsider their comunication policy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    1,071
    Jen please give me a call. I've called for two weeks, left messages, emails. As well as called a few Maitland dealers that told me that theyve had a very hard time getting ahold of Maitland and actually wished me luck on it. I have a broken bow that I need to get limbs and cams for to get it going again. I would appreciate it. This is the only way I know to try now is on AT. Thanks in advanced. Eric

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    reno
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric131 View Post
    Jen please give me a call. I've called for two weeks, left messages, emails. As well as called a few Maitland dealers that told me that theyve had a very hard time getting ahold of Maitland and actually wished me luck on it. I have a broken bow that I need to get limbs and cams for to get it going again. I would appreciate it. This is the only way I know to try now is on AT. Thanks in advanced. Eric

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Eric, it was good to talk with you! Sorry again we were on a hunt for a week with zero reception.
    Jenn

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    1,071
    I feel bad now. I'm sorry :/ and it was great talking to you as well!

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    1,749
    Jenn was busy over the weekend....she sold me a new Halo Extreme....should have it in a couple weeks!
    Thanks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Cloud WI
    Posts
    786
    I have also sent a pm and and email with no response. Guess trying to call is next.
    ArcheryShack Field Staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    IQ Bowsight Pro Staff
    2013 Athens Afflixtion
    08 Mathews Drenalin
    PSE Gamesport- Old but still shoots straight

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    1,071
    She will get in contact with you if you call and leave a message. She has been more than helpful to me

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    5
    Been trying to contact Maitland myself via email but so far no response (sent the email last week). I had the same thing earlier in the year but just gave up as it was a minor issue. Now i think i have a damaged lower cam that i would really like to swap out so it would be really nice to be able to speak with someone from Maitland to see if i can order a new one. I took a coaching session with international field archery champion and ex UK coach Maggie Squires this past weekend and she pointed out that she thought the wear on my control cable was a result of a slight bend to the small diameter circular piece the cable rolls over on my lower cam. I had noticed the wear already but i thought it was just a result of Maitlands being hard on your serving and my string being towards the end of its life but maggie thinks otherwise so it would be really nice to order a new cam to put my mind at rest.

    I am located in the UK so ideally i didn't want to have to telephone but it seems that it may be the only way i am going to get a response as from lots of posts i have read on here it seems Maitland don't often reply to emails. A real shame as my 2011 vtr cam zeus is an absolutely amazing bow and i love it to bits. Can anyone advise a good time to call maitland based on their location and time Zone or maybe even a way to contact maitland on here? It seems Wind92 is affiliated with Maitland, can anyone confirm if that is correct please?

    Many thanks
    Jack

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Jenn was busy over the weekend....she sold me a new Halo Extreme....should have it in a couple weeks!
    Thanks.
    Rob & Jenn rock. Jenn was sick, so Rob took my call. It arrived very quickly. In fact, it would have been delivered when Jenn said it would if UPS didn't mess things up-still only 1 day off !!!! Remember, when you call you speak w Rob, Jenn, or must leave a Vm.....why? That is the operation (of 2) & why the bows Rob, yes Mr Maitland actually builds by hand, are flat awesome.

  17. #17
    Hi There Jenn please be so kind and get hold of me via email ASAP this is "Urgent " you have my email address I am sure with thanks Marco in RSA

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    reno
    Posts
    32
    Marco, we spoke this morning and your issue is no more URGENT than anyone else! Calling me 50 times a day does nothing for me!!! We received your first email, phone calls, etc and are in the process of getting you what you need. However as I stated, we are right in the middle of hunting season here in the USA so that takes precedence over target bow needs. Sorry, but hunting is a must to these men and women!! Have a great day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcop View Post
    Hi There Jenn please be so kind and get hold of me via email ASAP this is "Urgent " you have my email address I am sure with thanks Marco in RSA

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind92 View Post
    Marco, we spoke this morning and your issue is no more URGENT than anyone else! Calling me 50 times a day does nothing for me!!! We received your first email, phone calls, etc and are in the process of getting you what you need. However as I stated, we are right in the middle of hunting season here in the USA so that takes precedence over target bow needs. Sorry, but hunting is a must to these men and women!! Have a great day!!!

    Boom!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Cloud WI
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind92 View Post
    Marco, we spoke this morning and your issue is no more URGENT than anyone else! Calling me 50 times a day does nothing for me!!! We received your first email, phone calls, etc and are in the process of getting you what you need. However as I stated, we are right in the middle of hunting season here in the USA so that takes precedence over target bow needs. Sorry, but hunting is a must to these men and women!! Have a great day!!!
    Doesn't seem to be much patience in the world these days
    ArcheryShack Field Staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    IQ Bowsight Pro Staff
    2013 Athens Afflixtion
    08 Mathews Drenalin
    PSE Gamesport- Old but still shoots straight

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkeife View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much patience in the world these days
    Yep, hence the BOOM! Jenn dropped the hammer. Maitland isn't a 200 employee company....Jenn always gets back in touch w me, which is shocking considering 2 people = Maitland...especially when people are calling 50x a day....want an immediate response, shoot a mass produced bow!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

  22. #22
    It would be good PR to at least send a reply and let someone know that you are working on it. Just being left "up in the air" is quite annoying.
    If I send an email to Truball about a sight issue I get a reply the next day. Same with Plano, Ripcord, Stream light and many others. Rob was right on top of things last year and now he is much busier than he expected to be. I fully understand if they are unable to meet the demands but that's what they are "demands". And if you are not prepared to deal with demanding people you should not be a sales rep. It's the nature of the business.
    I shot for the maitland team last year and worked very hard to produce some top quality photos for the shooters page of the web sight. I thought last year shooters would be contacted and given priority in the "shooter program" this year. But I had to find out on AT that Rob had made Jenn the sales rep and after talking with Jenn on Oct 3rd I got the feeling that she is not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team but rather just selling as many bows as possible at wholesale price.
    It's most likely a good strategy as Rob is a brilliant guy, but I feel like individual personal service is being lost in the process.
    Yeah I know wa wa wa quit your crying.
    Anyway I hope they find a way to keep up with demand and offer first class service cause frankly I LOVE MAITLAND BOWS!!!
    ALWAYS do your best /ALWAYS give more than you take

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Cloud WI
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by always View Post
    I shot for the maitland team last year and worked very hard to produce some top quality photos for the shooters page of the web sight. I thought last year shooters would be contacted and given priority in the "shooter program" this year. But I had to find out on AT that Rob had made Jenn the sales rep and after talking with Jenn on Oct 3rd I got the feeling that she is not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team but rather just selling as many bows as possible at wholesale price.
    It's most likely a good strategy as Rob is a brilliant guy, but I feel like individual personal service is being lost in the process.
    I sure hope that's not the case. I am currently waiting on a call back as I had some limb issues on my new extreme.
    ArcheryShack Field Staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    IQ Bowsight Pro Staff
    2013 Athens Afflixtion
    08 Mathews Drenalin
    PSE Gamesport- Old but still shoots straight

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    reno
    Posts
    32
    I'm a little offended by your statement "not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team". That is my job, I work very hard for you guys and Pride in Rob and his product is exactly what I promote!!! He is an amazing man with an incredible bow. Sorry you felt I wasn't helpful enough to you or didn't give you enough of my time, that was never my intention! I have experienced that some 2nd year shooters have not brought us any new business i.e. dealers and are simply looking for another GREAT bow and a very discounted price. So yes, we are trying to expand our shooter program this year so that the business can grow in the next year and we can bring on more staff to assist everyone. I have also experienced that our shooters that are actively working to promote the bows stay in contact with me more than when they are looking for a discount! Jenn
    Quote Originally Posted by always View Post
    It would be good PR to at least send a reply and let someone know that you are working on it. Just being left "up in the air" is quite annoying.
    If I send an email to Truball about a sight issue I get a reply the next day. Same with Plano, Ripcord, Stream light and many others. Rob was right on top of things last year and now he is much busier than he expected to be. I fully understand if they are unable to meet the demands but that's what they are "demands". And if you are not prepared to deal with demanding people you should not be a sales rep. It's the nature of the business.
    I shot for the maitland team last year and worked very hard to produce some top quality photos for the shooters page of the web sight. I thought last year shooters would be contacted and given priority in the "shooter program" this year. But I had to find out on AT that Rob had made Jenn the sales rep and after talking with Jenn on Oct 3rd I got the feeling that she is not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team but rather just selling as many bows as possible at wholesale price.
    It's most likely a good strategy as Rob is a brilliant guy, but I feel like individual personal service is being lost in the process.
    Yeah I know wa wa wa quit your crying.
    Anyway I hope they find a way to keep up with demand and offer first class service cause frankly I LOVE MAITLAND BOWS!!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    975
    If anyone else has had a relationship with any other company, they will back me up on this.....Maitland has zero competition-once you realize you are dealing w a company of 2, it is amazing what they are able to do.

    People (Rob & Jenn) who care about those who shoot their bows & make the best damn bows on earth! I sure hope the potential Maitland dealer in South Carolina I recommended works out so more those in my state, Ga, & NC start shooting these fantastic bows built by a super guy. It is a pleasure to promote a superior product when you can tell someone with absolute sincerity, "call this # & leave a message for Rob or Jenn & one of them will call you back as soon as they can."

    Maitland is one of a kind!


    Quote Originally Posted by Wind92 View Post
    I'm a little offended by your statement "not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team". That is my job, I work very hard for you guys and Pride in Rob and his product is exactly what I promote!!! He is an amazing man with an incredible bow. Sorry you felt I wasn't helpful enough to you or didn't give you enough of my time, that was never my intention! I have experienced that some 2nd year shooters have not brought us any new business i.e. dealers and are simply looking for another GREAT bow and a very discounted price. So yes, we are trying to expand our shooter program this year so that the business can grow in the next year and we can bring on more staff to assist everyone. I have also experienced that our shooters that are actively working to promote the bows stay in contact with me more than when they are looking for a discount! Jenn
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •