Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get ahold of Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by Wind92 View Post
    I'm a little offended by your statement "not interested in promoting pride in the Maitland Team". That is my job, I work very hard for you guys and Pride in Rob and his product is exactly what I promote!!! He is an amazing man with an incredible bow. Sorry you felt I wasn't helpful enough to you or didn't give you enough of my time, that was never my intention! I have experienced that some 2nd year shooters have not brought us any new business i.e. dealers and are simply looking for another GREAT bow and a very discounted price. So yes, we are trying to expand our shooter program this year so that the business can grow in the next year and we can bring on more staff to assist everyone. I have also experienced that our shooters that are actively working to promote the bows stay in contact with me more than when they are looking for a discount! Jenn
    Well then you can disregard my phone call then Jenn. I have been shooting a Maitland since 2010 aka the first year and have yet to sign up a dealer. I have spoken to several but none liked the initial buy in that Maitland requires. I still shoot the first year Retribution and even though the bows are at a discount I cant afford to buy a new one every year at this point. I was going to buy a new bow this year shoot it at the tournaments and leagues and promote that way and hopefully provide some pictures of it with a big buck as I have in the past, but I guess that isnt good enough. I dont need to be on anyone's promotional staff I just happened to really like Rob's company and his bows and I wanted to do what I could to promote a great product. I used to have Robs cell number and could contact him at will and now theres a leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as WE think its important policy. I dont spend much time on this site but from what I've read in the last couple of months people are not getting the kind of service they once did and that was part of the reason we all came to this company. So as a 4th year shooter that hasnt provided a dealer I guess that I'm one of the losers that just wanted a discount. I hope you can grow the company fast enough to keep up with people falling off because of poor customer service and your willingness to publicly chastise those of us who have worked hard to promote this new brand because you were offended by someones comment.

Jenn,

You're doing a fine job and got my bow to me a day earlier than expected! these are just growing pains and every company goes through them. Maitland makes thee best bows in the business and they are all hand made. All the best for continued growth and success to you both. I for one am very very proud to be on staff and will stay as long as you will have me. I would however, like to speak with you at your convience to dicuss details of adding a new dealer. so I'm sure we will speak soon. have a good evening and dont let others bring you down as there are many of us that want to support Maitland any way we can! all the best
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF
    BLUFF COUNTRY BOWSTRINGS PROSTAFF

Spot Hogg Sights, Dead Center Stabs, Black Eagle Arrows, BCB Strings

A lot of people don't realize what a pain it is to make something, pure and simple. Buying bolts, getting things anodized, and machining risers and cams to name a few. The machining alone would be monumental for a small shop. Buying and replacing cutters, taps endmills all take a lot of time and money! Plus everyone thinks CNC machines just make everything perfect the first time, sorry guys it doesn't happen that way, you have to adjust fixtures and edit programs to get quality parts. Finishing parts is another PITA, people goof up, and you have to figure out a way to salvage parts or they will be scrap, not a good thing for a small company. Finding employees isn't something that you just go to McDonalds and hire some kid to do either. CNC machines require ACAD, Mastercam, and lots of other programs to just get started making complex parts. Give Rob and Jen a break, I'm not saying anyone's wrong, or right, heck I'm waiting on a bow as we speak, but they have a ton of stuff to do and we take a lot for granted, call Hoyt or PSE and talk to the president--ain't gonna happen! Cheers--BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boy View Post
    A lot of people don't realize what a pain it is to make something, pure and simple. Buying bolts, getting things anodized, and machining risers and cams to name a few. The machining alone would be monumental for a small shop. Buying and replacing cutters, taps endmills all take a lot of time and money! Plus everyone thinks CNC machines just make everything perfect the first time, sorry guys it doesn't happen that way, you have to adjust fixtures and edit programs to get quality parts. Finishing parts is another PITA, people goof up, and you have to figure out a way to salvage parts or they will be scrap, not a good thing for a small company. Finding employees isn't something that you just go to McDonalds and hire some kid to do either. CNC machines require ACAD, Mastercam, and lots of other programs to just get started making complex parts. Give Rob and Jen a break, I'm not saying anyone's wrong, or right, heck I'm waiting on a bow as we speak, but they have a ton of stuff to do and we take a lot for granted, call Hoyt or PSE and talk to the president--ain't gonna happen! Cheers--BB
    Well said. I don't know who owns any of those giant companies, but I'll be darned if Rob Maitland wasn't the first person I ever spoke with from Maitland! It stinks when you have problems w a bow, but every bow has some issue if you shoot it & own it long enough. Folks, if you don't have a back up, that isn't Rob or Jenn's fault....expecting anything at all during hunting season is ridiculous, but Rob & Jenn still deliver!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com

My only concern isn't how fast I'll get the bow, but when--I'm going out of state this weekend, don't want a $1200 bow sitting on my deck waiting for a thief to take it!! Cheers--BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boy View Post
    My only concern isn't how fast I'll get the bow, but when--I'm going out of state this weekend, don't want a $1200 bow sitting on my deck waiting for a thief to take it!! Cheers--BB
    I was the same way...left a message for Rob & Jenn to ship it to my mother-in-law's house after telling them to send it to me....well, it went to the right place-kudos to Maitland!
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
    I was the same way...left a message for Rob & Jenn to ship it to my mother-in-law's house after telling them to send it to me....well, it went to the right place-kudos to Maitland!
    everyone needs to stop this me,me,me,my,my,my! Give credit to Jenn and Rob guys! there are only 2 people...count that 1+1=2 people handeling all aspects from marketing, to sales, to staff shooter programs, to design and manufactoring. It is an amazing feet by these two all while having time for their day jobs and families! not to mention the fact they are expanding and moving foward in the archery game. Rob is an innovator and makes the best bows i have ever had the pleasure to shoot and now own. Ask anyone ... not one negative thing to say on AT in regards to any MAITLAND bows fit finish or performance. so everyone KEEP CALM and enjoy the ability to be involved with these two people! only good things to come for these 2!

I for one have gained a new appreciation as of late, for how these bows come to be... It makes me appreciate the one I have, and the new one soon to be with me, all the more. Jenn and Rob, THANK YOU!
    Daniel R Rockey
    2012 Maitland Zeus
    2012 Maitland Session
    2013 Maitland Raptor
    DS Advantage sights and rests, Carbon Express arrows, Carter releases

I realize that it is a lot if work. However, it's not a me, me, me, attitude when a guy doesn't get a call back in weeks. And I also get offended when my contributions are belittled and those of us who haven't signed up a dealer get publicly called chislers. I paid for my bow it may have benn a couple hundred bucks cheaper than msrp but it wasn't free. I've shown it to hundreds of people and I feel like I've gone above and beyond to promote this company. Jenn provided another unprofessional response to my post that appears to have been removed from the forum. Probably a good idea. The professional thing to do is apologize for the delay promise to improve in the future and move forward. If the company is behind in orders that's a good problem. Hire more reps and take care of your customers. Because since I paid for my bow I am still a customer and no company will survive if they don't provide customer service. Sorry if I'm rocking the boat but I won't promote a bad company and no matter how good the bows are if a friend of mine buys a bow based off my recommendation then can't get help then I look bad. If you want a bunch of fanboys following you around that's fine, but I think you will get further with honest people who call it like they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    i realize that it is a lot if work. However, it's not a me, me, me, attitude when a guy doesn't get a call back in weeks. And i also get offended when my contributions are belittled and those of us who haven't signed up a dealer get publicly called chislers. I paid for my bow it may have benn a couple hundred bucks cheaper than msrp but it wasn't free. I've shown it to hundreds of people and i feel like i've gone above and beyond to promote this company. Jenn provided another unprofessional response to my post that appears to have been removed from the forum. Probably a good idea. The professional thing to do is apologize for the delay promise to improve in the future and move forward. If the company is behind in orders that's a good problem. Hire more reps and take care of your customers. Because since i paid for my bow i am still a customer and no company will survive if they don't provide customer service. Sorry if i'm rocking the boat but i won't promote a bad company and no matter how good the bows are if a friend of mine buys a bow based off my recommendation then can't get help then i look bad. If you want a bunch of fanboys following you around that's fine, but i think you will get further with honest people who call it like they see it.
    ALWAYS do your best /ALWAYS give more than you take

X3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ault View Post
    everyone needs to stop this me,me,me,my,my,my! Give credit to Jenn and Rob guys! there are only 2 people...count that 1+1=2 people handeling all aspects from marketing, to sales, to staff shooter programs, to design and manufactoring. It is an amazing feet by these two all while having time for their day jobs and families! not to mention the fact they are expanding and moving foward in the archery game. Rob is an innovator and makes the best bows i have ever had the pleasure to shoot and now own. Ask anyone ... not one negative thing to say on AT in regards to any MAITLAND bows fit finish or performance. so everyone KEEP CALM and enjoy the ability to be involved with these two people! only good things to come for these 2!
    Re-read my post....exactly my point...kudos to Rob & Jenn. Glad someone, other than me, didn't read the whole post.
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
    Re-read my post....exactly my point...kudos to Rob & Jenn. Glad someone, other than me, didn't read the whole post.
    Thank you sir

Ok ... we will stop with the me, me, me ... but the real thing is that the new Maitland dealer in Spain (the only dealer in Europe) has cancelled my X-factor order because they can't deal with Maitland anymore. No news about delivery time, no news about anything. It's a real pity because I'm proud of my old Zeus and I'd like to try a new X-factor but ... All in all I'm sure Rob is fantastic as innovator, but I don't think so as a bussiness man. Good luck in the future.

Sadly I had to cancel my order since my dealer, after one month wasn't receiving replies either........Good luck to Maitland.

I chose not to deal with the guy in spain because he first beat me up on price and only wanted to order one bow at a time. I chose not to do business with him. Remember it works both ways. You can order direct with me if you like. You guys have got to relax a bit. We had target bow delays early in the year and I cant change that. Our next target bow production run will probably be delayed as well. It is what it is. I dont have the production capacity the big guys have, but I will build you a bow that you will enjoy. Its been 4 years now and we have a great shooting staff being created. Everyone has done their part and I am proud and thankful that you are all with me on this. Be positive guys, It bothers me to see frustration. I am working my tail off on this end. Good things to come (: .
    I AM INTERESTED ONLY IF IT CAN BE IMPROVED!

Ok Rob. I sent you an e-Mail on August asking you how to order an x-factor ... no answer ... I posted here talking about your comunication policy ... no answer. I saw Moitoarchery in your web-page as your dealer in Spain (and still they are), so I contacted them directly and ordered the x-factor, and the result is known. For sure my Zeus is the greatest bow i've ever shot, and I wish you all my best, but honestly I thing you have to improve some things in your company. May be in the future i can get another of your amazing bows.

Quote Originally Posted by maitland View Post
    I chose not to deal with the guy in spain because he first beat me up on price and only wanted to order one bow at a time. I chose not to do business with him. Remember it works both ways. You can order direct with me if you like. You guys have got to relax a bit. We had target bow delays early in the year and I cant change that. Our next target bow production run will probably be delayed as well. It is what it is. I dont have the production capacity the big guys have, but I will build you a bow that you will enjoy. Its been 4 years now and we have a great shooting staff being created. Everyone has done their part and I am proud and thankful that you are all with me on this. Be positive guys, It bothers me to see frustration. I am working my tail off on this end. Good things to come (: .
    Rob, there are many more with you than against you... This much you can be assured of! Some of us try to make the others understand what kind of growing pains Maitland is enduring but alas not everyone has the patience or understanding. That being said you have been nothing but great to me and I will continue to endorse maitland in all aspects. Also when you do have another target bow run let me know as after shooting the k6 I have quite an urge for a long riser beauty! All the best Rob!

I suggest all to review the thread link below as a testimonial on how great these bows really are!
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2114237

Rob, if you need help, PM me.

I'm close enough to you I can drive up for a w/e and help with anything you need.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Keith t View Post
    Rob, if you need help, PM me.

I'm close enough to you I can drive up for a w/e and help with anything you need.
    Rob,

Same here... Not close in person but I would be happy to help field call and customer service related issues for you. I do this all day for my customers anyway so a few more calls and emails won't kill me and I would love to help you guys out in any way possible.

I would be happy to help as well. I still shoot my first year Retribution exclusively and I would love to get my hands on a new one but the retribution is never getting sold. Thanks Rob for recognizing the efforts of the staffers and hopefully this will all straighten out. I would be happy to continue working on your field staff if the customer service issues are worked out. I enjoy shooting my Maitland it is the nicest bow I've ever shot. Please feel free to contact me.
    Thanks

I can take care of your problem customers....heck, you can even pay me with bows.

Count me in....I'll help in anyway I can.
    ARCHERYSHACK STAFF

You can order direct with me if you like. You guys have got to relax a bit. We had target bow delays early in the year and I cant change that. Our next target bow production run will probably be delayed as well. It is what it is. I dont have the production capacity the big guys have, but I will build you a bow that you will enjoy. Its been 4 years now and we have a great shooting staff being created. Everyone has done their part and I am proud and thankful that you are all with me on this. Be positive guys, It bothers me to see frustration. I am working my tail off on this end. Good things to come (: .
    Hope you're still going well. I'm in Australia and want to order an X-Factor from you. No discount, happy to pay the recommended retail. Want to support what sounds to be a great bow. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12