Thread: Vortex broadheads out of business?

Vortex broadheads out of business?

Just looking over my gear and was going to get some more Vortex two blade expandables. The website is there but when you go to order them they are unavailable. Does anyone have a lead on where to find them? They worked better than any broadhead I have used to date.

Please help if you know someone with a stash of them.

Darton Pro 3800, HHA 5019, Muzzy zero-effect
    Darton DS 4500, Axcel 4500, HHA scope, Limbdriver pro
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Here is a shop I know has a bunch on the shelves. They are primarily a bait and tackle shop but with an Archery section as well. Give them a call and they should have what you need.

http://www.blackwatersportscenter.com/
    "Imagine all of the ghosts of your dreams, abilities, talents and ideas given to you in life standing around you at your death bed if you will. You never acted on those ideas, never used your talent, never pursued your dream, and they are all standing around you. The question is, if you die today, what ideas, what abilities, what talents will die with you"?

Check Tabe's Archery in Shawnee, OK is where I've gotten them or I got them off of bowhunter super store website last year.

Thanks guys, just tried the bowhunter super store. Dead end, they are listed but you can not order them. Same as the Vortex website. I am going to try calling black water sports center like suggested above.
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Thanks TimmyZ7, I just bought the last 3 packages of 75grain mini-max heads they had. Talked to Jeff, good guy. He is putting in the mail for me Monday.
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

No problem brother. Good luck to you.
    "Imagine all of the ghosts of your dreams, abilities, talents and ideas given to you in life standing around you at your death bed if you will. You never acted on those ideas, never used your talent, never pursued your dream, and they are all standing around you. The question is, if you die today, what ideas, what abilities, what talents will die with you"?

I have a pack of mini max 3 blades in 75gr that I will probably never use because I need atleast 100grs+ so if you want them they are yours. Just p.m. your address and I will send them out early next week.

TimmyZ7 that would be GREAT! Thank you so much! Sending PM!
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I know arrowspeed archery in Chicopee usually has a bunch of them in stock if you want to stock up
    PSE MILITIA, Hunting/3D- Darton DS-3814 & PSE Drive
    Indoor/field Darton DS-4514 & PSE Supra HP

Dan

Arrowspeed & Pual is how i got hooked on them. Word is that he is out of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlucky View Post
    Arrowspeed & Pual is how i got hooked on them. Word is that he is out of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yeah I kind of figured that! Just about everyone that goes there uses them!
    PSE MILITIA, Hunting/3D- Darton DS-3814 & PSE Drive
    Indoor/field Darton DS-4514 & PSE Supra HP

Dan

Got my heads in the mail from Blackwater Sports. Thanks to Jeff who owns the place and TimmyZ7 for the hook-up.

Spurlucky

http://www.blackwatersportscenter.com/
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Yours will be in the mail tomorrow from me. I pulled them out and they are brand new in the package. I couldn't get to the post office earlier in the week but I will be there tomorrow.

TimmyZ7,

I received them yesterday, and you my friend are a steely eyed missile man. Thank you so much. I will post on this thread the deer that fall to your generosity.

Spurlucky
    Last edited by Spurlucky; September 1st, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Hey guys. I just joined archery talk. Always on it but never signed up. I can definitely help with the vortex broadheads that ARE out of business. My brother and I have shot 100 gran 2 blades for 15+ years. I have never lost a deer or had one go more than 50 yards and a few havn't been the best shots due to shooting on a steep angle. The entry and exit holes are insane and guys that see the damage can't get enough. Anyway, There is a archery shop in my area that does not have a web site. I bought the last of the 100 grain 2 blades and extra blades but he has about 10 packs of the rest like the mini max and other kinds. I don't shoot them so I'll give him the business and help you guys out with getting the last of them. Jest send me a pm and I will give you his info. Look fwd to being part of the site...

Thanks and welcome to AT! Not sure if I am going to stay with the 75 grain two blade or go with a lighter arrow (CT Cheetah) and heavier 100 grain head. I am sold on the vortex heads either way. Huge wounds and they drop quick.

Thanks again,
    Spurlucky
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

does anyone know if they got bought out?

No idea. But their broadheads are hard to find.
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!