Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambush Bow by andy ross

Ambush Bow by andy ross

anyone seen this recurve by andy ross yet?? pretty cool looking, might have to sell the compounds and get it when it comes out

Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain
    Kodabow Bravo Zulu~Bee's, Hawke Optics, Slick tricks

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    anyone seen this recurve by andy ross yet?? pretty cool looking, might have to sell the compounds and get it when it comes out
    Okay...had to search google images to see one but...it's official...I'm not a fan....getting a bad vibe all the way around...dude seems extremely self-promotional and the bow?...just gives me the impression it should be part of a $189 starter package but because his name is on it?..will be marketed for 2-3 X's that.

I'd stay far, far away...then again?...I'm the kind of guy who believe there were only (4) lines of one-string bows ever made that merited that the manufacturing bowyers name be on the bow...and they are...

1. Bear

2. Pearson

3. Martin

4. Bob Lee

but "andy ross"?...not so much.

Heck...I didn't even know who he was until I read this thread!
    GOD is my "Aiming System"...and I'm just one of his many arrows!
    BLACK WIDOW PSA II TD RECURVE 62"/43# @28"
    1975 HERTERS PERFECTION MAGNUM RECURVE 60"/44# @ 28"
    BUSHMEN "AMERICAN NATIVE" R/D LONGBOW 64"/37# @ 28"

Ambush Bow by andy ross

Gotta post pics or at least a link.......

Found a couple pics. No website yet. It's riser looks fairly unique but not in a good way. Has a old school compound shelf? And the sight window is a large hole?? And it's a very reflexed riser??? 3 strikes right there from the couple pics I've seen.

You could get a Martin jaguar or similar for cheap and have what looks like the same type bow (not a recommendation)
    Hoyt GPX, Spigarelli BB riser, TradTech Titan III, Hoyt Tiburon
    Border Hex6 BB2 & CXB. Hoyt formula F7
    Board bows and selfbows galore

id shoot it no matter who the person is or what brand it is, its not the most traditional but it doesn't have training wheels on it, im pretty interested
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain

It comes with a peep sight and a rest built into it

Blace

I was channel surfing a couple of weeks ago and came across the new Maximum Archery "Ambush Tour." I was surprised to see Andy Ross shooting a recurve; any outdoor show with recurves and longbows will win my attention. Afterwards, I did a bit of research and found that Andy sold Ross Archery and now focuses his time on a line of guitars (Krossroads Guitars), wine (Velvet Antler Wine), and recurve bows (Ambush Bows). He plans to introduce three models of recurve bows and is currently touring the country with the first of his Ambush Bow models. The Ambush website will go live November 1st. This recurve boasts an aluminum shoot-through riser utilizing a whisker biscuit with a large centered sight window and yardage pins. All it's missing are the wheels. About twenty years I shot a friends recurve with a shoot-through riser; it was a very heavy bow (mass weight, not draw weight) and set the bow down every opportunity I had. It's a viable design, just not my cup of tea.

Meh...

North Dakota soon to be Coeur d' alene Idaho
    I guarantee you whatever this bow sales for, it would sell for more if his name wasn't on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    If you are not living on the edge, you are simply taking up too much space!!

I honestly can't tell which is worse, the couple shows of his I sat through years ago or whatever that thing is he's shooting.

It's prolly going to be alot if money so I won't get it, I'm happy with my fuse

Blace

Looks like it's all mass above the grip - high center of gravity can't make for a stable shot.

This is the pic that gave me two bad thoughts about the guy...

Bad Thought #1: With arms like that he should leave the sleeves on his shirts and?...

Bad Thought #2: Those holes in his pants don't appear to have been the result of natural wear...(especially the "knee hole" up on the side of his thigh)...and screams..."Self Promotional Marketeer Phony"....to me.

Not to mention...who lets a pup run loose in rattlesnake land?

Quote Originally Posted by JINKSTER View Post
    This is the pic that gave me two bad thoughts about the guy...

Bad Thought #1: With arms like that he should leave the sleeves on his shirts and?...

Bad Thought #2: Those holes in his pants don't appear to have been the result of natural wear...(especially the "knee hole" up on the side of his thigh)...and screams..."Self Promotional Marketeer Phony"....to me.

Not to mention...who lets a pup run loose in rattlesnake land?
    Jinks that is some crazy assumptions you have from just one pic and someone you dont even know ,lol . I like to give the benefit of the doubt before throwing this guy and the new bow in the garbage can.
    09' Diamond Iceman
    Samick Sage
    07' Parker Hornet
    Hoyt Excel

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf View Post
    Jinks that is some crazy assumptions you have from just one pic and someone you dont even know ,lol . I like to give the benefit of the doubt before throwing this guy and the new bow in the garbage can.
    Hey...sorry...jmho based on walking this ball of dirt we call earth for 55years and running into a lot of cats just like this one...never knew the guy existed until reading this thread yesterday but first impressions wise?...from outward appearance?...seems like his business minded entrepreneurial spirit supersedes any potential that he's released any sort of TD bow with new to the industry cutting edge technology...I mean...look at how many business pots this dude has his fingers in...

is he re-badging wine as "Velvet Antler Wine" then promoting himself as some sort of wine connoisseur on fine wine forums?

or is he knocking off his line of "Krossroads Guitars" in Mexico and promo'ing himself as a wouldbe rock star on guitar forums?

And right down to the American flag on his shirt in that pic?...my mind begs the question...does he have business partners in china over-seeing the manufacture of his $35ea bows for importation to then be assy'ed stateside and put a "Made In USA" sticker on'em taking full advantage of his televised appearance on Maximum Archery?

cause my guess at the moment is all three and always on the lookout for number 4 and that the thing he hunts best is new business opportunities.

I know this...He ain't no Kegan...and i'd much rather see a new archer show with an Omega Bow in his hand than one of these pieces of pooh!

but again...JMHO....based on first pictorial impressions. L8R, Bill.

Any recurve designed to use a whisker biscuit is not for me

The riser nothing new back in the early 80s York Archery had model compond bow with riser like that, I bet he got the idea from that bow slapped some recurve limbs on it!

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    Any recurve designed to use a whisker biscuit is not for me
    Well Said Joe!

And in a "Blast Fronm The Past" sort of way?...it kinda reminds me of something like this!

Wow you guys are brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by JINKSTER View Post
    Well Said Joe!

And in a "Blast Fronm The Past" sort of way?...it kinda reminds me of something like this!

LoL ! that guy did a lousy job of selling that product, what a joke.
    09' Diamond Iceman
    Samick Sage
    07' Parker Hornet
    Hoyt Excel

[QUOTE=muley40;1067999788]The riser nothing new back in the early 80s York Archery had model compond bow with riser like that, I bet he got the idea from that bow slapped some recurve limbs on it![/QUOTE

a local shop here was a york dealer back then , I'm pretty sure I remember risers like that around 1985 back when the overdraw was the talk of the town also
    09' Diamond Iceman
    Samick Sage
    07' Parker Hornet
    Hoyt Excel

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_J View Post
    Wow you guys are brutal!
    Nah...we're not brutal...

"brutal" is businessmen boxing up pooh and marketing it to the know nots as caviar...that's brutal.

I have seen his television show and it is the biggest piece of self promotional crap I have ever seen. I got the impression that the purpose of the show was to inflate his already overinflated ego. The intro music is him singing about himself, his Harley, his Glock, his guitars and guitar playing etc... Makes me want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by LRJammer View Post
    I have seen his television show and it is the biggest piece of self promotional crap I have ever seen. I got the impression that the purpose of the show was to inflate his already overinflated ego. The intro music is him singing about himself, his Harley, his Glock, his guitars and guitar playing etc... Makes me want to puke.
    I was channel surfing a while back and came across this show...wow! I thought it was a farce at first, kind of a "Saturday Night Live" skit but nope. If if wasn't so hilarious it would have been pathetic.

The bow doesn't look like something I'd be interested in but each to their own, not everybody would like my bows either.

Quote Originally Posted by Easykeeper View Post
    I was channel surfing a while back and came across this show...wow! I thought it was a farce at first, kind of a "Saturday Night Live" skit but nope. If if wasn't so hilarious it would have been pathetic.

The bow doesn't look like something I'd be interested in but each to their own, not everybody would like my bows either.
    Well?..on the bright side?...at least we know what Turtle Man's slightly smarter younger brother is up to!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast