Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts for your Horton Crossbows

Take a look on eBay search Horton Crossbow a lot of parts listed by shops in last 2 days.

check them out may be they have one

http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/mfr.asp?id=Horton&Page=13
    Quote Originally Posted by gdog42 View Post
    I have a couple year old Horton hd175. I just broke the cable so it needs a new cable and string. The local archer shop says he can't find any.help!

Ten point

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    Hunter,
    TenPoint did not do anything to the Horton customers except try and help them where we could. Horton was bankrupt. We returned about 400 bows that were trapped at Horton and we have been stearing Horton calls to shops that may have parts to fix the bows. Not sure how you think we treated them poorly??? If you want to be mad at somebody, be mad at the old Horton owners.

So your telling me if you guys go bankrupt and someone buys Ten point and they tell all customers that they will not warranty any of Tenpoint bows because they just bought some machines and the name. then they wait and let everything blow over and three years later start making Ten point again that you would be happy with the new owners.What did they do they pretty much bought Ten point and didnt want to warranty the old bows. its very clear what Ten point has done.

I have had customers blaming Ten Point for not covering Hortons mess also. IMO Horton closed the doors because the products they made had issues and it cost them. Why in the world would Ten Point want to go down the same road?
    Energy 35 Max1,Tour Snow and Pulse Ninja because they work for me

Have you shot your bow today?

Looking for a horton team realtree 175 anti dry fire part, would buy 2. Any ideas where to look?

Found this post a little late in the game, just heard about the demise of Horton. Sent you an email looking for Vision 175 limbs w/cams.
    Hoyt 2007 Trykon (Ol' Deathwind), Drop Zone (Target), Easton Axis, Rage 2-Blade

Any chance of gettin some limbs for a horton supermax 175..my dads limb splintered the other day

A buddy of mine has recently had an extremely dangerous situation arise with his Horton Brotherhood. When the crossbow's safety is moved to the fire position the crossbow goes off firing the bolt without touching the trigger at all. I offered to research his options for him which he understands may be limited due to the buyout by Tenpoint. Two local shops have refused to even touch the crossbow.

I've read that the Hortons have had recalls in the past with the anti dryfire mechanism and he and I both wonder if parts are available. Is this safety issue something that can be dealt with by an individual?

He isn't thrilled with the thought of possibly having to replace a crossbow that is only a couple years old due to the buyout and Tenpoint not supporting Horton products.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    2013 PSE Freak Max
    60lb at 32 3/8" Draw
    QAD HD
    Predator IV pendulum sight
    460 grain Black Eagle Carnivore and DCA Hunter arrows at 276 fps

Dpete
    I shot for Horton for over six years, so if you pm me with as many details and as much explination as to what hapened ill try to help. As far as the Ten Point situation goes, let me explain it a little. Ten Point did not buyout Horton. The bank took over control of Horton and proceded to shut the company down. They then put everything up for sale, basicly a glorified garage sale. Ten Point came in and purchased select items. They purchased some tooling and equipment, and basicly some legal documents. Licensing and patent rights as well as the right to use the Horton name. They didn't buy any existing bows or parts, that was all bought by someone else. The actual company "Horton Archery " was disolved by the bank.
    Ten Point pro staff - GOD'A GRIP pro staff - HHA Sports pro staff - Gold Tip pro staff
    tryin hard outdoors - owner
    Bangs Paradise Valley Hunt Club

pm sent
    2013 PSE Freak Max
    60lb at 32 3/8" Draw
    QAD HD
    Predator IV pendulum sight
    460 grain Black Eagle Carnivore and DCA Hunter arrows at 276 fps

Tenpoint made the right business call in buying only the assets and intellectual property and not having to deal with any of the legacy headaches.

I have a Fury and havent had any issues. If I do and it cant be fixed - Ill probably end up getting a Parker. I don't see any value in Tenpoint xbows.

Looking for a part??????

Hey guys wondering if anyone knew where to still get any parts for these Hortons. Im looking for the plastic flipper lever thats up by the full draw point. believe its the anti dry fire lever? Its the Horton Team Realtree.

Quote Originally Posted by BearCarn3385 View Post
    Hey guys wondering if anyone knew where to still get any parts for these Hortons. Im looking for the plastic flipper lever thats up by the full draw point. believe its the anti dry fire lever? Its the Horton Team Realtree.
    Only place I have found is eBay and the remaining stock of parts for sale is getting smaller and more expensive. Now that the season is over some parts are selling a little lower.

Although I haven't had any problems, I actually bought an entire used but like new Vision 175 as a parts x-bow with shipping costs for less than half the original price. Kind of a fluke, it went up after the season ended and not many bidders were following it. I've seen other units with issues sell for much more money. Figure the investment will be cheaper than buying a new x-bow.

Good luck hope you find your parts.
    Hoyt 2007 Trykon (Ol' Deathwind), Drop Zone (Target), Easton Axis, Rage 2-Blade

if you get a trigger mechanism for a horton legacy 175 keep me in mind. charlinacres@yahoo.com

do you have a trigger mechanism for a horton 175 legacy.
    contact charlinacres@yahoo.cxom
    thank you

I was looking for a part for my Horton Legacy. I heard that TenPoint bought them so I called. Talked to someone who explained that they only bought parts of the Horton company. They gave me info on where I might be able to get parts from a store in Tennessee. I e-mailed hortonpartshelp@aol.com and got connected with The Crossbow Shop. Sounds like he has lots of parts still for sale. Give that a shot!

I have a customer looking for a cocking device for the Horton Vision 175. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rackshackotdrs View Post
    I have a customer looking for a cocking device for the Horton Vision 175. Any suggestions?
    You can find crank cockers on e-bay and amazon but they are still very expensive. I tried finding a sled for the 175 a year ago to no avail. You can find what's called a RDT sled that can be used on the 175 but it's loose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12