Archery Talk Forum banner

Parts for your Horton Crossbows

49K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  Patkondziola 
#1 ·
ATTN: All Customers Owning Horton Crossbows

As many of you now know, a few weeks ago, Horton Crossbows shut their doors for good. The name and patents have been bought by another crossbow company, but they did not purchase the supply of repair parts & accessories. They will also not be providing service or warranty for any existing Horton Products.

Please be wary of purchasing any remaining Horton inventory from stores or websites as getting parts and service will be very limited.

If you currently own a Horton and want to get any repair parts to have on hand. I have gotten in touch with the liquidator that is handling all of their inventory. I will be placing an order shortly for any parts people may want.

Please contact me if you want to add anything to this order.

#9 ·
I heard about this...and how its been handled! Now there are 2 brands ill NEVER buy again..TENPOINT and HORTON. I hope all the owners of horton bows realize tenpoint threw them under the bus and wont buy them either. I had a buddy with his horton in for repair kept getting the runaround and I now see why! Then he had to PAY to have his bow sent back to him STILL broken!! Tenpoint wont get my business ever again!

#11 ·
Turdy,
How is returning 400 bows to there rightful owners bad? That is how many bows were there waiting for parts to fix them. All TenPoint did was buy pieces of Horton after they went bankrupt. We did not have to send those bows back but we felt it was the right thing to do. Horton had stopped production in March. TenPoint bought selected asserts from Horton's bank in July. I would suggest you do some more research on what happened before you accuse TenPoint of throwing Horton owners under the bus.
Thanks,
Randy

#13 ·
Hey randy..I know where you stand on the subject. Returning bows isnt bad,I know horton screwed over their customers. I also know tenpoint liquidated parts that would have REALLY helped alot of xbow hunters out. So I was surprised how it was handled as in my opinion tenpoint could have been out very little by keeping and distributing parts that they had for horton hunters at least for a season...Im sure you will disagree but I think tenpoint would have earned alot of new customers this way!!

#21 ·
Ten point you guys were smart enough to just say you were just buying pieces of Horton and asserts from Horton so you would not have to warranty any of the bows .Knowing good and well you bought the name and will start making the bows again when thing blow over .Well it will not I own to horton and I was going to buy Ten point because I do like the Bow but after the way Ten point did Horton customers no way and I think I speak for a lot of Horton customers .I am one of the cusomers that had one of his bows sent back not repaired and I was ok with that I asked you guys if there was any thing Ten point would do to help of if I would buy a Ten point bow you guys said no ,come on if you would have said you would give ten dollars off it would have made me feel better but thats ok I will go with bowtech styker, its very clear what Ten point did and we know you will be selling horton in 3 yrs good luck.. not to be mean just how I feel,

#22 ·
Yes they would I would loved to have stuck with Ten point but they would not even knock of Ten bucks if I bought a new Ten point knowing they bought Hortons name and will be making and selling them soon .And throw all of Hortons customers in the trash well they will loose a lot of customers that would have bought Ten point o well there loss.

#23 ·
Hunter,
TenPoint did not do anything to the Horton customers except try and help them where we could. Horton was bankrupt. We returned about 400 bows that were trapped at Horton and we have been stearing Horton calls to shops that may have parts to fix the bows. Not sure how you think we treated them poorly??? If you want to be mad at somebody, be mad at the old Horton owners.

#28 ·
Ten point

So your telling me if you guys go bankrupt and someone buys Ten point and they tell all customers that they will not warranty any of Tenpoint bows because they just bought some machines and the name. then they wait and let everything blow over and three years later start making Ten point again that you would be happy with the new owners.What did they do they pretty much bought Ten point and didnt want to warranty the old bows. its very clear what Ten point has done.

#24 ·
Being an owner of a heating and cooling company and the fireplace industry being turned up side down because of the US economy. Most fireplace companies have changed hands. Now I go to fireplaces that are 7 or 8 years old had have to condem them over what used to be a five dollar part that is now unavailible. It sure does not make me fell good. But it is not my fault. What do I do? Put one in for cost price for them to make them happy? I have to eat also you know. The whole economy has changed and most think it is just the company they deal with that has changed. It is in every walk of life right now. Bow companies are no different. CHEERS!

#29 ·
I have had customers blaming Ten Point for not covering Hortons mess also.:rolleyes: IMO Horton closed the doors because the products they made had issues and it cost them. Why in the world would Ten Point want to go down the same road?