a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadheads piss me off

slick tricks fly like field points if they dont fly true its your bow setup

Magnus buzz cuts are a good one fly like darts. This year I'm shooting spittfire max.
    Spyder 30/g5 mags/kinetics

Screw the montecs back on your arrows and go kill some deer. Why does this have to be a difficult and expensive decision?

QAD Exodus all the way best flying fixed blade ive ever used
    Athens Exceed 300 - Rage - Maxima Reds - Carter - Limb Driver

First I recommend a G5 arrow square and then try a Slick Trick, Wacem Triton, Shuttle T loc or a QAD Exodus. All these heads will fly out of a tuned bow and with squared arrows that spin true.

Your on the right track with the montecs. The slick tricks fly good too and do more damage than they look capable of.
    Proud supporter of the NRA, RMEF, NWTF, and probably some others I can't remember.

I've never had a problem with my MX3's! I am still going to try out the Rage Chisel Tips I won last season but I will still have a couple MX3's in my quiver.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    * Hoyt Spyder Turbo 26.5/70, HHA DS-5519, Apach Micro Adjust, 10" Stokerized, CX Maxima Blue Streak 350's, and Muzzy MX3's! SMOKING!

Slick trick, fat head, montec all shoot well for me. Not to beat a dead dog but is your bow tuned???
    Antelope Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by steve_T View Post
    As the title says broad heads piss me off and this is my venting rant....

So opening day is approaching and i want to try a new head, Ive been shooting Montecs that fly great. My only issues with the montecs are that they are quite loud in flight and once dull they are a real pain to sharpen!

So i bought a few heads I bought These heads called The Reign, they were on sale for 10 bucks at a clearance event at a local shop today. They look ok but fly like crap! these are pretty pricey heads when not on sale...no wonder why they were on clearance.

I also bought these cheap CX fixed blade heads that resemble the silver flame heads except they are 16 dollars for 3 instead of 90....BUT they also fly like crap besides one of the three. I guess you get what you pay for.

What fixed blades fly nice for you? I think i may go back to the first heads I ever used Magness Stinger! Im also considering G5 strikers because of the changeable blades.
    Tune bow, watch your form, make sure you spin check arrows, make sure you have proper spine, then go shoot whatever head you want
    If you ask for my opinion don't get butt hurt when you don't like it.
    Pope and Young Plywood Hunters of America Unite!

As the title says broad heads piss me off and this is my venting rant....

So opening day is approaching and i want to try a new head, Ive been shooting Montecs that fly great. My only issues with the montecs are that they are quite loud in flight and once dull they are a real pain to sharpen!

So i bought a few heads I bought These heads called The Reign, they were on sale for 10 bucks at a clearance event at a local shop today. They look ok but fly like crap! these are pretty pricey heads when not on sale...no wonder why they were on clearance.

I also bought these cheap CX fixed blade heads that resemble the silver flame heads except they are 16 dollars for 3 instead of 90....BUT they also fly like crap besides one of the three. I guess you get what you pay for.

What fixed blades fly nice for you? I think i may go back to the first heads I ever used Magness Stinger! Im also considering G5 strikers because of the changeable blades.
    That's what I'd do.....go back to Magnus
    Μολὼν λαβέ

VPA single bevel, Strickland Helix, Exodus.
    2012 APS Elite Answer 70# 28" DL: Muddy Bloodsport One, Gravedigger, 60X Strings, Qad HDX, IQ Retina Lock, TightSpot, Stokerized 11" SS1, Bearfoot Anti-torque rod, Bowjax

2012 Black Ops Bowtech Assassin SD 50# 26" DL: Easton Bloodline, Strickland Helix, JBK Strings, Axion Pulse, Octane Deadlock Pro, Bowjax

Also heard awesome things about Anarchy heads!
    2012 APS Elite Answer 70# 28" DL: Muddy Bloodsport One, Gravedigger, 60X Strings, Qad HDX, IQ Retina Lock, TightSpot, Stokerized 11" SS1, Bearfoot Anti-torque rod, Bowjax

2012 Black Ops Bowtech Assassin SD 50# 26" DL: Easton Bloodline, Strickland Helix, JBK Strings, Axion Pulse, Octane Deadlock Pro, Bowjax

Quote Originally Posted by westksbowhunter View Post
    Magnus Stingers are about the best in my book. What is your dl, dw, and arrow shaft?
    I agree that Stingers fly very well. In addition, QAD Exodus heads are accurate from a tuned setup and are very sharp. Looking forward to using an Exodus head in the field this fall, but will likely have a Stinger on board in my quiver as well.
    "Reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism.......everything else is a fantasy." ~ Dr. Henry Cloud

VPA.....fly great. I shoot the 100gr unvented and they are quiet and fly with my fieldpoints and penetrate better than any broadhead that I have ever shot!!!
    Mathews DXT, B2 strings by Nathan Brooks
    HHA OL-5510
    Ripcord Code Red
    Black Eagle Carnivore 350
    VPA Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by dieseltech View Post
    Slick trick Broadheads. No hype, no BS. They just work and are tough as nails. Carbon steel ferrel and soligen steel blades. They do fly with your field tip, given hat the bow is tuned properly.
    Love my tricks. Shooting the 100gr mags and can't complain!

I dont think I will ever give up my montecs after killing 3 deer with the same head. Resharpening is not that hard with the g5 stone.

Hey brother, stick with the Montek's. That you hear them "hiss" is immaterial. When a deer "jumps the string", it is reacting to the noise from the bow long before any sound from the arrow can make any difference.
    A good bow with one of those small round aiming thingy's in the string. A rest, sight, stabilizer and quiver attached to it. Some arrows with very sharp broadheads on one end, FOB's on the other. And a release.

Proverbs 5:18 & 19 - Look it up

Me and my old man use Steelforce premiums. Sharp, fixed, and they kill.
    You dont live till your ready to die

Elite Z28 Black 60
    CX Mayhem

You wont find a fixed blade head more quiet than a VPA nonvented. They fly great as long as your set up is tuned and you have good shooting form. Expandables are good at hiding other problems and vented heads can be more forgiving than nonvented especially in light models. Our unvented 125s or 150 would be the way to go if you have the arrow spine for them. All VPAs have a satisfaction guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Thansen View Post
    Slick trick, fat head, montec all shoot well for me. Not to beat a dead dog but is your bow tuned???
    Tuned enough to shoot montecs and magness stingers pretty damn good, and good enough to have touching arrows at 20-30 yards with field points. I "tuned" it myself. Using an arrow level set and bow square. I think its gotta be the arrows or the broad heads. Ill figure something out.
    Mathews DXT

copperjohn/fuse/goldtip/G5/alpine/winners choice

Quote Originally Posted by Jwillman6 View Post
    First I recommend a G5 arrow square and then try a Slick Trick, Wacem Triton, Shuttle T loc or a QAD Exodus. All these heads will fly out of a tuned bow and with squared arrows that spin true.
    This is what I would say as well.
    2013 LH BOWTECH EXPERIENCE 61.26 LBS 29.5"
    2008 LH BOWTECH GENERAL 58.9 LBS 29.5"
    2007 LH BOWTECH GUARDIAN 61.6 LBS 30"

I dont think they would have enough time to be startled maybe tense up? Is tense muscle harder to go through than a relaxed deer...im looking too far into it.

another thing i really do not like about the reign is the points are anything but pointy! I pushed down on the point with my finger with some force and it didnt hurt...I lied all these broad heads are making me suicidal and i was pushing one against my head!
    step away from the broadheads. you've got so much to live for, bro.

now...where were we. if you want to spend as little money as possible, use the montecs. they work. they just do, ok. however, if you much switch, get some G5 Strikers. they fly great (i have a similar setup as you) and they group well. they are super sharp. you can get replaceable blades. and...they are super sharp.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by mshred View Post
    step away from the broadheads. you've got so much to live for, bro.

now...where were we. if you want to spend as little money as possible, use the montecs. they work. they just do, ok. however, if you much switch, get some G5 Strikers. they fly great (i have a similar setup as you) and they group well. they are super sharp. you can get replaceable blades. and...they are super sharp.

/thread
    HAHA

Thanks for all the help fellas i think i might buy the hunor africans and thee g5 strikers hopefully i can find which one i like better and get it to shoot well.
    Mathews DXT

copperjohn/fuse/goldtip/G5/alpine/winners choice

I love Shuttle T Locks

sent from my typewriter

Quote Originally Posted by hunter97 View Post
    Nap Thunderheads are cheap ($15 for 3) but they fly really well for me. A lot of critters have died from Nap Thunderheads.
    This ^^^^^^^
    2013 Elite Answer Snow Camo /QAD HD / HHA DS-5519/ Stan Quattro
    70# DW / 30" DL
    GoldTip 7595 XT Hunters / Ramcats 125gr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast