Thread: Nocks falling out

Nocks falling out

Have goldtip arrows. XT hunters or something. White nocks. If you un-nock a arrow without shooting the nock stays on the string and to date ive lost 2. Hate to superglue them in. Anyone else have this problem? What do you do?

Take a plastic grocery bag, put it over the end of the shaft, push the nock thru it, cut off the excess and the nocks should be tight. Get your center serving checked as it is probably too big. I never had a GT nock come off the way you described unless the center serving was TOO big.

Center serving seams to be good. These nocks come off easy.

I take Bohning fletch-tite glue and smear a dab all the way around the nock. I let it dry before putting it back in the shaft. That little film of glue is usually enough to make the nocks tight!
    NWSpinner,com
    Don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

I put appliance epoxy paint around the nock. Dries in 10 minutes.

Plumber's teflon tape works well too.

Sometimes three shallow cuts in the part of the nock that goes into the bushing or shaft will work.

Goldtip hunters are a couple of thousands of an inch larger inside diameter than some of the other makers carbon arrows, for instance Easton. Are you using Goldtip nocks?
    Wife's Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ramboarhunter View Post
    Take a plastic grocery bag, put it over the end of the shaft, push the nock thru it, cut off the excess and the nocks should be tight. Get your center serving checked as it is probably too big. I never had a GT nock come off the way you described unless the center serving was TOO big.
    This, but also look at the back end of those arrows for cracks, could be why they are coming off. You cannot be too careful.
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    This, but also look at the back end of those arrows for cracks, could be why they are coming off. You cannot be too careful.
    +1!

also agree with the plastic bag over the end of the shaft and push the nock through
    Custom Paracord Products over 70,000 feet of paracord in-stock, with 50 colors to choose from
    Authorized Ben Pearson and Bear Archery Dealer

------------------------------------------------------"www. archery-zone .com"------------------------------------------------------

They are the original GT nocks. I have unshot and shot ones and they all are the same. They dont just fall off. I can nock it and pull it off 10 times and it will come off once and awile. They do come off way easier than the 2 different types of easton arrows I have. Those I can barely remove. Just takes moderate pressure on the GTs. I will try some of the suggestions. Wouldnt be as annoying if I had doz extra nocks. The store I bought them from doesnt cary just the nock.

Quote Originally Posted by ramboarhunter View Post
    YES this dont glue em in, plastic bag works great.... holds em in tight and you can take out and rotate as nessecary
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

get the center serving redone to fit the nocks ...sounds like it is toooooooo thick
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

I never use GT nocks....don't like them. regular Easton Super Nocks fit just fine. as mentioned, check carefully for cracks in the ends of your shafts...if they're cracked don't shoot them! allot of guys try to glue the nocks in the shaft, if the shaft is cracked. that crack allows the nock to sit off center in the shaft and causes erratic grouping and possibly a near dryfire or injury, if the shaft fails when the shot breaks.