Thread: Soy Milk

Soy Milk

First, does this Health and Fitness not save anything past 2 pages? I tried looking for my old thread and it has disappeared.

Secondly, I don't know if many of you remember, but, I am lactose intolerant and was having problems with milk etc. There were some suggestions as to using real natural honey (quite delicious - Ive eaten about 3lbs in 2 months), almond milk, and other things. Well I never tried honey with regular milk with my protein shake as was suggested, I did however stop drinking soy milk and do straight water and muscle milk (99% lactose free). I am pretty sure there was something in the soy milk which was causing my stomach/bowel movements problems. If I had 2-3 soy milks without any food, id 100% have painful diarrhea for the next 12-18 hours. Using just water and muscle milk, doesn't seem to present the same case. Ive started integrating almond milk to make the shake a little sweeter and it doesn't seem to hurt, I however cannot drink almond milk straight, has some kind of metal taste to it.

Just thought that I would share in case anyone else is lactose intolerant. From now on im staying away from using soy milk as a substitute. I also didn't notice my boobs or hormones changing due to estrogen either FYI.

I had similar problems but then switched to unsweetened organic soy milk.

I like soy milk, but i don't drink much for the fear of getting chesticles.
    The older I get, The better I was.

I tried almond milk...but it is nasty.
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Treesharks and Buzzcuts

Quote Originally Posted by P&Y6 View Post
    I like soy milk, but i don't drink much for the fear of getting chesticles.
    Don't worry about it. It won't happen. You are just as likely to grow moobs from drinking cow milk. Both have estrogen in them.

I've been drinking soy milk for a year now ..and I get through over a pint a day. Body fat has been a steady 15/16% and no man titties!

Quote Originally Posted by jkm97 View Post
    I tried almond milk...but it is nasty.
    Try drinking hemp milk then you'll think almond milk tastes amazing

Theo nly reason I was doing soy was the protein content, almond and coconut basically have 0. Any other milks with good protein?

How can there be soy milk, if there is no soy teet

Tell that to the almonds. What does define milk as "milk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopayne View Post
    Tell that to the almonds. What does define milk as "milk"?
    It's juice. Almond juice & soy juice, but you wouldn't drink soy juice, so they called it milk. It's an old Lewis Black joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kravguy View Post
    It's juice. Almond juice & soy juice, but you wouldn't drink soy juice, so they called it milk. It's an old Lewis Black joke.
    I don't think calling it milk makes it sound any better. Sounds pretty nasty to me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I don't think calling it milk makes it sound any better. Sounds pretty nasty to me either way.
    If they can stick milk at the end of soy, then we should just start adding it to everything else to make it sound healthy. So I am not really having a mountain dew with lunch, I'm having mountain dew MILK...

Quote Originally Posted by kravguy View Post
    If they can stick milk at the end of soy, then we should just start adding it to everything else to make it sound healthy. So I am not really having a mountain dew with lunch, I'm having mountain dew MILK...
    So if I liquify my donuts into a milk like substance and drink them, I can do it guilt free? Sign me up.

So if I liquify my donuts into a milk like substance and drink them, I can do it guilt free? Sign me up.
    As long as you call them milky donuts or donut milk you should be ok. Might as well throw your double stuff oreos in there too.

Yes. When you blend food the calories escape as the chemical bonds break. That is why you can eat cookie crumbs and smoothies and not gain wt. like you would if you ate whole foods.

Outstanding! Now if only they made a donut with teets.

Outstanding! Now if only they made a donut with teets.
    EH, you asked for it BRAH!!

Rosie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by catscratch View Post
    Yes. When you blend food the calories escape as the chemical bonds break. That is why you can eat cookie crumbs and smoothies and not gain wt. like you would if you ate whole foods.
    ***? I hope you know you're out of your mind.

***? I hope you know you're out of your mind.
    I think it's a theory worth testing.

Just thinking off the top of my head. Blending something doesnt break down protein or calories or whatever at the cellular level, you need a centrifuge for that.

It's like saying, if I scrunch up my bag of potato chips, ill be eating less calories which just is not true. Im pretty sure he was kidding but I can't tell with people nowadays.

Just thinking off the top of my head. Blending something doesnt break down protein or calories or whatever at the cellular level, you need a centrifuge for that.

It's like saying, if I scrunch up my bag of potato chips, ill be eating less calories which just is not true. Im pretty sure he was kidding but I can't tell with people nowadays.
    So if I put my donuts in a centrifuge, then I am good?

Lol, I was joking. Blending things in a blender represents a physical change (as well as a centrifuge separating particles of different masses). Changing the amount of energy something contains basically changes what it is...ie it wouldn't be cookie anymore. A blender doesn't do this.

Knowing this doesn't mean I'm NOT out of my mind though, and I do sometimes use the "broken food has less calories" theory to justify my bad diet

So if I put my donuts in a centrifuge, then I am good?
    then I think heating it up will break and form new bonds but it should rid itself of some calories. Ive been out of science for a while but each gram or so should yield less C, but not certain.

I just had a great idea, blended doughnuts heated until it's melted (if thats possible) then restuffing it back into a doughnut.