Archery Talk Forum banner

Inserts coming out of arrows

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Canzoni 
#1 ·
:( I sure could use some suggestions from you all. I am having problems with my inserts pulling out of my gold tip arrows when I am shooting broadheads into a foam block. I go to retrieve my arrows and as I pull them out of the foam I sometimes lose an insert and broadhead in the foam. I am cleaning the inside of the arrow with denatured alcahol and then I scuff it up using a deburring tool before applying epoxy. Do you think gorilla glue would work better?

#3 ·
>>>-------> GOAT TUFF <-------<<< :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

#6 ·
I had the same problem and then I started using Gorilla Glue. Worked great for everything but the smooth inserts of the ACCs. Now use Goat Tuff and have yet to have a problem. Also, I began to use a cleaning tip/brush that is designed for a .22 caliber barrell. I roughed up the inside of the arrows and then did my best to rough up the outside of those smooth inserts. This method plus Goat Tuff has worked great so far. Hope this helps!

#7 ·
I have installed a lot of inserts/NIBBs/unibushings in Gold Tip arrows and have absolutely no trouble with them holding. My procedure is to rough up the inside of the shaft with sandpaper then clean with Acetone on a Q-Tip, then I will use sandpaper to rough up the outside surface of the insert/NIBB/unibushing and clean with Acetone. After that dries, I use Loc-Tite Extra Time epoxy to glue everything in. You can pick the epoxy up at Lowe's, etc. Works for me.... ;)

Attachments

#11 ·
I take a barrel brush & scuff the inside of the shaft, put GOAT TUFF on the insert, twist the insert as i slide it in & wipe off the excess glue.

I have very few(I do lots of arrows) returned for the insert coming out & most of them have stuck a 2x4 or a tree & it came out while pulling on it to get the arrow unstuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.