a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow Rest for Finger shooting

Arrow Rest for Finger shooting

Okay so I just started shooting again. So I bought off a buddy of mine a 2005 Hoyt XT 2000. He had a lot of extra money put into it. It was set up for a trigger. So I brought it to Reedys Archery to get it setup for me. They only had some real cheap arrow rest so. I bought a $28 dollar arrowrest. I shot for 3 days and bent the stinking thing. So I hope tomorrow my AAE Free Flight Elite Rest will be comming in. I bought it from Lancaster. I was just wondering what all of you shoot for your compounds and could you post pictures ? Does anyone have any info on this AAE Free Flyte ? Thanks

I shoot the whisker biscuit and sites, but it obscures your vision if you are shooting instinctive.
    NWSpinner,com
    Become a string maker but don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

I shoot a hamskea versa rest on my NBA eclipse. Works flawlessly everytime. Always wanted to try a Bodoodle timber doodle, it's made for finger shooters.

2011 PSE DS EVO 6, Spot Hogg Hogg father
    Bstinger honeycombs, Hamskea versa
    goldtip arrows, truball releases

I changed over to the Timberdoodle II. I have to say that I get the best arrow finght with this rest over any other rests I have tryed.
    I have given my extra rest to friends to try out and ended up have to have them order me a replacement because they would keep them.
    If you can get your hands on one to try, give it a few shots.
    I will try and post some pics. later
    Don.
    I shoot for...
    Louie Rangle-Gator Vanes
    Deer Crossing Archery-LD Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin ScepterV, Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

Buffalo freek that rest looks rugged. If you pull back nice and smooth does it rise off rest to the left ? What was the price ?

NAP Centerest Flipper. Can't be beat. I've been using them for over twenty years. http://www.newarchery.com/products/a...st-flipper-23/
    Been shootin' fingers for over 30 years. I like to keep life simple.

I checked out the Timberdoodle. The two pieces of metal the V metal the arrows sit on . Are they strong are they rugged ? if I had a little finger pressure on the arrow would it bend ?

I checked out the Timberdoodle. The two pieces of metal the V metal the arrows sit on . Are they strong are they rugged ? if I had a little finger pressure on the arrow would it bend ?

Quote Originally Posted by tguil View Post
    NAP Centerest Flipper. Can't be beat. I've been using them for over twenty years. http://www.newarchery.com/products/a...st-flipper-23/
    This rest is the reason I started this post. It shot true once tuned but made of cheap material. I bought it Sep. 7 by the 9 it was bent. Im looking for something rugged and true. I'll pay the money. When I went to newarchery.com to look at this rest I saw a sight. Armorrest but didn't say if it was for fingers or not. Anyone know ?

Springy is a great rest and very simple and cheap. And a lot of the nonsight NFAA records were shot with a springy

Norris Archery sells them

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by 2413gary View Post
    Springy is a great rest and very simple and cheap. And a lot of the nonsight NFAA records were shot with a springy

Norris Archery sells them

Gary
    Agreed. Most I've seen have the end of the spring bent/curved down (modified). I tweak mine. 30oz spring. Mostly Bullet Proof.

I found some Golden Key Huntmaster rests in a bargain bin a few years ago for cheap and bought all of them. So far, they wear like iron and work awesome for my fingers setup. Good luck in finding what works best for you.
    2007 Bowtech Constitution
    Fusion sight
    Golden Key Huntmaster 2000
    2219 aluminum
    125 G5 Striker
    Tab

I always wanted to shoot the. Center rest flipper but cannot avoid feather wear on the inside feather no matter how I index it and in spite of getting a pretty clean bare shaft. That said if it is bending easily I would be suspicious of the shaft being to stiff or too weak or something. Mine never bent on me.

The timber doodle is very durable. They have been around a long time and others love them. On Don's suggestion I bought one but have not had a chance to play with it yet. The support system is much like the rest I use now.
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Bodoodle best I've used in the last 25 years

sent by wireless transmission

I did say I'm shooting 55 lbs on a compound. Or at least I'm shooting a compound.

This is the rest I have been shooting. Very forgiving. Will be trying the bow doodle soon though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    This is the rest I have been shooting. Very forgiving. Will be trying the bow doodle soon though.
    How long have you been shooting this ? I was wondering , has a arrow ever slipped between the two on a draw . I was thinking if it did and I shot the arrow might not have a arrow left ?

All you that like the Boodoodle was it the Timberdoodle 2 or the Pro Lite ?

I shot the NAP flipper for a while, on metal riser recurves and then fingers compounds. As I said, I had some difficulty with inside feather wear. I know many out here do not seem to have that problem, so I really cannot say why.

Somebody that used to come out here on occasion sent me a PM and suggested I try the launcher arm/blade style rest. He was shooting the Tiger Tuff pictured above, so I found one and began to try it.

If you notice in the diagram below, the outside arm is bent at an angle. That is the end of the blade that supports the shaft from the bottom, is bent ( have to literally take pliars and bend it) to make an angle at about 30 degrees that nestles the shaft and actually not only supports if from below, but pushes slightly inward. Again, I cannot explain why, but I always have to do this to get the bare shaft to fly like I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now back to your question. When I set up a new bow for fingers, I always use this rest, until I get my bareshaft like I want it. Then I consider other rest alternative. I have shot the QAD drop aways with success, although they were a tad noisy for me. And that goes back about 4 years ago so they may be quieter now. However, they are also pretty pricey. I tired the code red, and found it more tempermental. I think they drop quicker than the QAD, but am not certain.

I have now gone back to hunting with the Tiger tuff. By design, it is not the most bullet proof. It probably would not be the best for ground hunting and spot and stalk. But out of a tree, it has been fine. I rarely if ever have it drop through the arms. I do set them fairly close together.

On Don's suggeston (Zesty) I bought the Timber Doodle II. I just got it about 60 days ago, and have been in a busy work cycle so have not tried it yet. By design, it has similar support arms but shorter, and the cradle has springs in it that should sort of absorb recoil. Or at least that is my thinking from looking at it. I have long heard these rests make good fingers rests. When I tried them years ago, I could not get them quiet. I am anxious to try them again. I have a hunting buddy who has killed over 200 deer with a bow, who uses a doodle on his release bow, and has for about 8 or 9 years. He has never had the first problem with it.

The arms on the Tuff rest are definitely longer. The Doodle does look like it might be a better hunting rest if it is quiet. I will say, I am a noise freak.

The good thing about the Tiger Tuff is that it is dead quiet. The bad; it is just not as bomb proof.

Cato

Thanks , I think I'm going to go with the Timberdoodle 2

I ordered the Boodoodle Timberdoodle 2 today . I hope to have it by Thursday . Thanks to everyone for your knowledge . I will let you know my results.

Jesse,
    If you have any questions on the Timberdoodle II, just shoot me a PM.
    Don.
    I shoot for...
    Louie Rangle-Gator Vanes
    Deer Crossing Archery-LD Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin ScepterV, Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Schultz View Post
    Buffalo freek that rest looks rugged. If you pull back nice and smooth does it rise off rest to the left ? What was the price ?
    Ya it rugged man it's a hamskea! Lol. I shoot it that bow with two fingers under and that's it. If you cant the hell out of it it will rise up onto the right side of the blade, but I don't can't it that far. I love that rest. I'm sure there are other rest that work better for finger shooting and that's ok, but I'm not a finger shooting pro And for my state and skills it works just fine man.
    2011 PSE DS EVO 6, Spot Hogg Hogg father
    Bstinger honeycombs, Hamskea versa
    goldtip arrows, truball releases

Springy...simple, really works, sturdy, adjustable, forgiving, proven over a long period of time. I've run out of discriptive words. Buy one and try it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast