a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Rest for Finger shooting

Sarge we are just to old for the kids to listen to and they probably cost $15.00 by now. I know Norris archery sells the spring for $2.00
    Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Springy...simple, really works, sturdy, adjustable, forgiving, proven over a long period of time. I've run out of discriptive words. Buy one and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2413gary View Post
    Sarge we are just to old for the kids to listen to and they probably cost $15.00 by now. I know Norris archery sells the spring for $2.00
    Gary
    Gary that is funny....unfortunately true.

Quote Originally Posted by zestycj7 View Post
    Jesse,
    If you have any questions on the Timberdoodle II, just shoot me a PM.
    Don.
    Don thank you will do. I hope it will come in tomorrow. I have not been able to shoot for a week and a half. Now to all you old timers. I am 37 and I quess in your eyes. I am just like my 7 year old son and 9 year old daughter are in mine lol. We children are know it alls . Thanks to everyone for the knowledge you posses

i bought a springy to try out, was only $8, im just running a plastic stick on right now

Quote Originally Posted by zestycj7 View Post
    Jesse,
    If you have any questions on the Timberdoodle II, just shoot me a PM.
    Don.
    I just wanted to say thanks to zesty. Your wisdom was priceless. Once I made the modifications to the Timberdoodle ll . Great rest ill call you later in the week. I just picked up my daughters Bear Apprentice ll

Don't keep us in suspense. What modifications?
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Don't keep us in suspense. What modifications?
    Depending on the arrow dia. and the blades they send, you might have to make them thinner in the width for fletching clearance.
    When I talked to the owner in Yankton and told him they have to be modified to be legal for fingers for NFAA he replaced the fingers with stiffer ones that lift the arrow shaft up higher to make the 1/4" above the shaft rule.
    If you go to Bodoodles web site, they sell differant types and stiffness of fins.
    It's just like most things, you have to tune them for your shooting style.
    But once you get the rest dialed in, it's awesome.
    Don.
    I shoot for...
    Gator Vanes....www.gatorvanes.com
    Deer Crossing Archery-LD Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin SepterV, Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

Don whats the difference from a bowdoodle one and the doodle two .

Sorry Don ment timberdoodle one and the Timberdoodle two

Quote Originally Posted by Madlaz View Post
    Sorry Don ment timberdoodle one and the Timberdoodle two
    Laz,
    The Timberdoodle can only be adjusted left and right, the Timberdoodle II can be adjusted up, down, left and right.
    It is also shapped dirfferent than the first Timberdoodle.
    If you go here...http://www.specialtyarch.com/faqs/bo...ked-questions/
    You can check them out.
    Don.
    I shoot for...
    Deer Crossing Archery-LD Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Schultz View Post
    This rest is the reason I started this post. It shot true once tuned but made of cheap material. I bought it Sep. 7 by the 9 it was bent. Im looking for something rugged and true. I'll pay the money. When I went to newarchery.com to look at this rest I saw a sight. Armorrest but didn't say if it was for fingers or not. Anyone know ?
    I've used and abused mine for over 20 years of bowhunting now and I would recommend it in a heartbeat. I wonder what caused yours to bend like you describe?
    I hold these to be the two greatest human values ever: Firstly, unconditional and universal love of all beings, and then, the sense of humour, with love giving meaning to our lives, and the sense of humour giving us solace from love. Doris Lussier
    "Humanity has evolved - as far as it has evolved," continued the old priest " with no thanks to its predecessors or itself. Evolution brings human beings. Human beings, through a long and painful process, bring humanity." Endymion

Was it the head that bent, or the body? If the body got bent, I would probably advise against the Timberdoodle II. Rugged enough for me I'm sure, but I doubt it could withstand the kind of pressure that the arrow seems to be receiving.
    I hold these to be the two greatest human values ever: Firstly, unconditional and universal love of all beings, and then, the sense of humour, with love giving meaning to our lives, and the sense of humour giving us solace from love. Doris Lussier
    "Humanity has evolved - as far as it has evolved," continued the old priest " with no thanks to its predecessors or itself. Evolution brings human beings. Human beings, through a long and painful process, bring humanity." Endymion

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Couture View Post
    Was it the head that bent, or the body? If the body got bent, I would probably advise against the Timberdoodle II. Rugged enough for me I'm sure, but I doubt it could withstand the kind of pressure that the arrow seems to be receiving.
    The rest that bent was not the Timberdoodle ll.It was the Centerest fliper. I own the timberdoodle ll now. My feathers kept ripping off . I talked a few time to Zesty. He told me to grind the fingers down. I was sent the hunter fingers. I just ordered the thiner target ones but I was going crazy . I had just recieved a new site from Tactical Arms. It has glass with a green center line and 3 red dots like a laser scope. I could not use it. So I used my grinder. I have not lost a vane since. That Timberdoodle what a rest. Thanks again Don

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Schultz View Post
    The rest that bent was not the Timberdoodle ll.It was the Centerest fliper. I own the timberdoodle ll now. My feathers kept ripping off . I talked a few time to Zesty. He told me to grind the fingers down. I was sent the hunter fingers. I just ordered the thiner target ones but I was going crazy . I had just recieved a new site from Tactical Arms. It has glass with a green center line and 3 red dots like a laser scope. I could not use it. So I used my grinder. I have not lost a vane since. That Timberdoodle what a rest. Thanks again Don
    I know that your rest was the Centerest. My question still remains: was it the head or that body that bent? I'm trying to understand why it bent. Glad that you are satisfied with your Timberdoodle II.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Couture View Post
    I know that your rest was the Centerest. My question still remains: was it the head or that body that bent? I'm trying to understand why it bent. Glad that you are satisfied with your Timberdoodle II.
    You are obviously smarter than me. I don't know what the head or body is ? Do you know that thin bar that the arrow sits on ? That bent down. So imagine this. I bought my bow. It was set up for a release. I go to Reedys my local archery shop.I buy the flipper on Saturday. By Monday I have it tuned. I mean I am shooting good tight groups. I pull back my bow the arrow rolls off the rest . I put my finder on the arrow. To put it back on the rest and the arm bends a 1/4 inch down. I was a bit upset. So then I start doing some research. I'm not sure how long it took say a week and a half. Then I choose the Boodoodle Timberdoodle ll. Which so far is a good rest. Im very happy with the choice. Now it took 4 days to get it. I went 2 weeks and could not shoot. So basically that is my story . 2 weeks and I cant shoot. I like to shoot every day. A couple hours a day. Anyways

Not smarter than you Jesse, just trying to figure out what bent down, and I should have understood from the start that it was the arm. Sorry. When I draw my bow, the arrow sometimes falls off the rest too, and I guess we're not the only ones suffering from pinching on the nock end when we draw. Thanks for the clarification.

I know the op has made his decision and bought the TimberDoodle. For those of you that like a flipper style rest, don't overlook the Terry T-3 flipper with plunger. I had a Reflex Caribou 2 with the T-3 and a plunger. I liked the heavy wire on the T-3, I'd still be using it if it hadn't been stolen. I use the NAP Centerest now simply because that's what the archery range stocks and it's simple. I carry extra tips in the field and at the range in case the wire fails. I've replaced it 3 or 4 times. I shoot a 550 grain arrow over 500 times a week and when carrying my bow through the woods I've had the arrow hit branches while on the rest. I suspect it's a combination of these two things that's led to the wear/breakage of the wire. I'm looking at that Bodoodle though, it looks tempting.

1015131955.jpg This is what I had the best results with. An Edgars Magnetic under wire with a Tone button.

I forgot to mention the Edgars with a Tone button cost about $100 for the combo 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    1015131955.jpg This is what I had the best results with. An Edgars Magnetic under wire with a Tone button.

Nap flipper centerest .....good enough for tim wells and chuck adams good enough for me !

im a newbie that doesn't know wth he's doing, here's my springy v-coil rest that has been working
    great for me through a couple range sessions. don't know if its installed right or if its even for recurve,
    it came with a threaded bushing that im assuming is used for a wood riser. works great and only $8, no torn
    vanes and my arrows seem to fly straight.

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    I shoot the whisker biscuit and sites, but it obscures your vision if you are shooting instinctive.
    How does it obscure your vision if your shooting instinctively?
    spot hogg
    bohning

Quote Originally Posted by bopo2 View Post
    How does it obscure your vision if your shooting instinctively?
    The biscuit blocks the tip of your arrow so you can not see it.
    Don.
    I shoot for...

I have always backed my "star" type launcher with a plunger making it more adjustable in tuning/improved arrow flight.

Tried quite a few over the years and most end up having a failure usually at the worst moment. Went back to the old springy rest as a few others have mentioned and sweet as

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast